Cuba's 31st International Tourism Fair Kicks Off This Week
Cuba's annual International Tourism Fair began on Monday 2nd May in the capital of Havana, and tourism officials have been busy showcasing the Caribbean island's tourism offerings to promote Cuba holidays and the country's many beautiful attributes.
This year’s annual International Tourism Fair (FITCUBA) has kicked off in Havana, Cuba and while the majority of island residents enjoyed the day off work on Monday, the first day of the week-long event saw tourism ministers working hard to showcase Cuba holidays and the country’s travel products.
Tourism representatives from several countries are expected to attend the event at the Morro Cabana Park which is taking place from 2nd to 7th May, 2011.
Visitors will be able to network with representatives from the Cuba holidays industry including tour operators, airlines, tourism officials and Cuba hotels. There will also be opportunities for guests to attend meetings, seminars, presentations, as well as take part in tourist and cultural activities in Havana and within the Morro Cabana Park.
This year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba welcomes Mexico as its guest country and will feature its local attractions, culture, natural landscapes such as the Yucatan Peninsula, and heritage sites, as part of the event.
The fair is one of the most important events for the tourism industry in Cuba to and the island heavily relies on tourism contributions towards its economy. Travellers taking holidays in Cuba this week will be able to attend the event on the 6th and 7th May when the fair is open to members of the public.
This year, the Caribbean island’s tourism officials are hoping to attract 2.7 million tourists with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe; Cuba’s leading travel markets.
Tourism ministers are also keen to attract larger numbers of high end travellers to Cuba and many new golf courses; luxury Cuba hotels, resorts and apartments; and marinas are currently under construction to accommodate the discerning needs of these visitors.
Cuba is home to the world’s second largest barrier reef and is a fantastic place for scuba diving and snorkelling. Beach lovers will find over 20km of pristine, white sandy beaches in the resort of Varadero while the city of Havana offers plenty of culture, history, great Cuban cuisine and a vibrant authentic Cuban experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...