Cuba's 31st International Tourism Fair Kicks Off This Week
Cuba's annual International Tourism Fair began on Monday 2nd May in the capital of Havana, and tourism officials have been busy showcasing the Caribbean island's tourism offerings to promote Cuba holidays and the country's many beautiful attributes.
This year’s annual International Tourism Fair (FITCUBA) has kicked off in Havana, Cuba and while the majority of island residents enjoyed the day off work on Monday, the first day of the week-long event saw tourism ministers working hard to showcase Cuba holidays and the country’s travel products.
Tourism representatives from several countries are expected to attend the event at the Morro Cabana Park which is taking place from 2nd to 7th May, 2011.
Visitors will be able to network with representatives from the Cuba holidays industry including tour operators, airlines, tourism officials and Cuba hotels. There will also be opportunities for guests to attend meetings, seminars, presentations, as well as take part in tourist and cultural activities in Havana and within the Morro Cabana Park.
This year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba welcomes Mexico as its guest country and will feature its local attractions, culture, natural landscapes such as the Yucatan Peninsula, and heritage sites, as part of the event.
The fair is one of the most important events for the tourism industry in Cuba to and the island heavily relies on tourism contributions towards its economy. Travellers taking holidays in Cuba this week will be able to attend the event on the 6th and 7th May when the fair is open to members of the public.
This year, the Caribbean island’s tourism officials are hoping to attract 2.7 million tourists with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe; Cuba’s leading travel markets.
Tourism ministers are also keen to attract larger numbers of high end travellers to Cuba and many new golf courses; luxury Cuba hotels, resorts and apartments; and marinas are currently under construction to accommodate the discerning needs of these visitors.
Cuba is home to the world’s second largest barrier reef and is a fantastic place for scuba diving and snorkelling. Beach lovers will find over 20km of pristine, white sandy beaches in the resort of Varadero while the city of Havana offers plenty of culture, history, great Cuban cuisine and a vibrant authentic Cuban experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...