Cuba's 31st International Tourism Fair Kicks Off This Week
Cuba's annual International Tourism Fair began on Monday 2nd May in the capital of Havana, and tourism officials have been busy showcasing the Caribbean island's tourism offerings to promote Cuba holidays and the country's many beautiful attributes.
This year’s annual International Tourism Fair (FITCUBA) has kicked off in Havana, Cuba and while the majority of island residents enjoyed the day off work on Monday, the first day of the week-long event saw tourism ministers working hard to showcase Cuba holidays and the country’s travel products.
Tourism representatives from several countries are expected to attend the event at the Morro Cabana Park which is taking place from 2nd to 7th May, 2011.
Visitors will be able to network with representatives from the Cuba holidays industry including tour operators, airlines, tourism officials and Cuba hotels. There will also be opportunities for guests to attend meetings, seminars, presentations, as well as take part in tourist and cultural activities in Havana and within the Morro Cabana Park.
This year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba welcomes Mexico as its guest country and will feature its local attractions, culture, natural landscapes such as the Yucatan Peninsula, and heritage sites, as part of the event.
The fair is one of the most important events for the tourism industry in Cuba to and the island heavily relies on tourism contributions towards its economy. Travellers taking holidays in Cuba this week will be able to attend the event on the 6th and 7th May when the fair is open to members of the public.
This year, the Caribbean island’s tourism officials are hoping to attract 2.7 million tourists with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe; Cuba’s leading travel markets.
Tourism ministers are also keen to attract larger numbers of high end travellers to Cuba and many new golf courses; luxury Cuba hotels, resorts and apartments; and marinas are currently under construction to accommodate the discerning needs of these visitors.
Cuba is home to the world’s second largest barrier reef and is a fantastic place for scuba diving and snorkelling. Beach lovers will find over 20km of pristine, white sandy beaches in the resort of Varadero while the city of Havana offers plenty of culture, history, great Cuban cuisine and a vibrant authentic Cuban experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...