Cuba's 31st International Tourism Fair Kicks Off This Week
Cuba's annual International Tourism Fair began on Monday 2nd May in the capital of Havana, and tourism officials have been busy showcasing the Caribbean island's tourism offerings to promote Cuba holidays and the country's many beautiful attributes.
This year’s annual International Tourism Fair (FITCUBA) has kicked off in Havana, Cuba and while the majority of island residents enjoyed the day off work on Monday, the first day of the week-long event saw tourism ministers working hard to showcase Cuba holidays and the country’s travel products.
Tourism representatives from several countries are expected to attend the event at the Morro Cabana Park which is taking place from 2nd to 7th May, 2011.
Visitors will be able to network with representatives from the Cuba holidays industry including tour operators, airlines, tourism officials and Cuba hotels. There will also be opportunities for guests to attend meetings, seminars, presentations, as well as take part in tourist and cultural activities in Havana and within the Morro Cabana Park.
This year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba welcomes Mexico as its guest country and will feature its local attractions, culture, natural landscapes such as the Yucatan Peninsula, and heritage sites, as part of the event.
The fair is one of the most important events for the tourism industry in Cuba to and the island heavily relies on tourism contributions towards its economy. Travellers taking holidays in Cuba this week will be able to attend the event on the 6th and 7th May when the fair is open to members of the public.
This year, the Caribbean island’s tourism officials are hoping to attract 2.7 million tourists with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe; Cuba’s leading travel markets.
Tourism ministers are also keen to attract larger numbers of high end travellers to Cuba and many new golf courses; luxury Cuba hotels, resorts and apartments; and marinas are currently under construction to accommodate the discerning needs of these visitors.
Cuba is home to the world’s second largest barrier reef and is a fantastic place for scuba diving and snorkelling. Beach lovers will find over 20km of pristine, white sandy beaches in the resort of Varadero while the city of Havana offers plenty of culture, history, great Cuban cuisine and a vibrant authentic Cuban experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...