Cuba's 31st International Tourism Fair Kicks Off This Week
Cuba's annual International Tourism Fair began on Monday 2nd May in the capital of Havana, and tourism officials have been busy showcasing the Caribbean island's tourism offerings to promote Cuba holidays and the country's many beautiful attributes.
This year’s annual International Tourism Fair (FITCUBA) has kicked off in Havana, Cuba and while the majority of island residents enjoyed the day off work on Monday, the first day of the week-long event saw tourism ministers working hard to showcase Cuba holidays and the country’s travel products.
Tourism representatives from several countries are expected to attend the event at the Morro Cabana Park which is taking place from 2nd to 7th May, 2011.
Visitors will be able to network with representatives from the Cuba holidays industry including tour operators, airlines, tourism officials and Cuba hotels. There will also be opportunities for guests to attend meetings, seminars, presentations, as well as take part in tourist and cultural activities in Havana and within the Morro Cabana Park.
This year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba welcomes Mexico as its guest country and will feature its local attractions, culture, natural landscapes such as the Yucatan Peninsula, and heritage sites, as part of the event.
The fair is one of the most important events for the tourism industry in Cuba to and the island heavily relies on tourism contributions towards its economy. Travellers taking holidays in Cuba this week will be able to attend the event on the 6th and 7th May when the fair is open to members of the public.
This year, the Caribbean island’s tourism officials are hoping to attract 2.7 million tourists with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe; Cuba’s leading travel markets.
Tourism ministers are also keen to attract larger numbers of high end travellers to Cuba and many new golf courses; luxury Cuba hotels, resorts and apartments; and marinas are currently under construction to accommodate the discerning needs of these visitors.
Cuba is home to the world’s second largest barrier reef and is a fantastic place for scuba diving and snorkelling. Beach lovers will find over 20km of pristine, white sandy beaches in the resort of Varadero while the city of Havana offers plenty of culture, history, great Cuban cuisine and a vibrant authentic Cuban experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...