Oman Air Receives Official 4 Star Airline Ranking by Skytrax
A recent Skytrax Airline Quality Audit has awarded an official four-star quality and service ranking to Oman Air, in recognition to the high level of staff service provided and travel products offered during flights to Oman and within airport environments
Oman Air has been awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following a recent extensive audit earlier this year.
The airline received the official ranking after an audit in January and February, 2011 which examined its service delivery and travel offerings onboard during flights to Oman and other global destinations the company currently operates in, as well as inspecting the carrier’s operations within airport environments.
The new ranking follows a period of significant growth for the airline which includes the introduction of a new luxurious Airbus A330 aircraft for taking passengers to Oman holidays or to any of the airline’s destinations in the Middle East, Africa or the Indian Ocean. Part of the growth development being carried out by the company includes the launch of new flights to the United Arab Emirates, Europe, the Middle East, East Africa and South and South East Asia.
Skytrax is recognised all over the world as a leading independent authority on airline quality and assessment, which awarded Oman Air a three-star ranking a few years ago.The new upgraded ranking is welcome news for the airline and Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, who said: “This recognition of the high quality of Oman Air’s service is extremely satisfying, especially as it has been awarded by Skytrax, whose knowledge, expertise and independence are unparalleled.
“Our commitment to ensuring that the Sultanate of Oman’s national carrier offers passengers the very best in air travel is absolute and the four-star ranking that has resulted from the Skytrax Airline Quality Audit is recognition of the remarkable progress we have made.
“Furthermore, Oman Air’s inclusion within the top three of Skytrax’s list of the best business class airline seats in the world is a clear demonstration of our emergence as a world-class airline of the very highest quality.
“Oman Air’s fleet of modern, spacious and comfortable aircraft continues to grow, our network includes 40 destinations and will expand further over the course of this year, and our onboard products are outstanding. We offer excellent inflight entertainment, have pioneered inflight mobile phone and broadband connectivity and our menus put many of our competitors in the shade. And on the ground, we have unveiled stunning First Class and Business Class lounges at Muscat International Airport, as well as launched online check-in. These developments, together with many more behind the scenes, have transformed Oman Air and could not have been achieved without the energy and dedication of staff at all levels of the organisation.”
Chairman and CEO of Skytrax, Edward Plaisted, added: “Oman Air has made great strides in recent times and the airline’s Official 4 Star ranking is well-deserved, as is their inclusion within our list of the top business class airline seats.
Since the audit was conducted earlier this year, the airline has enhanced its products and services including the introduction of two Embraer 175 jets to its fleet for regional routes and an additional Airbus A330s which will arrive later this year to provide flights to Oman from a wide range of countries from all over the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with discount savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...