Oman Air Receives Official 4 Star Airline Ranking by Skytrax
A recent Skytrax Airline Quality Audit has awarded an official four-star quality and service ranking to Oman Air, in recognition to the high level of staff service provided and travel products offered during flights to Oman and within airport environments
Oman Air has been awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following a recent extensive audit earlier this year.
The airline received the official ranking after an audit in January and February, 2011 which examined its service delivery and travel offerings onboard during flights to Oman and other global destinations the company currently operates in, as well as inspecting the carrier’s operations within airport environments.
The new ranking follows a period of significant growth for the airline which includes the introduction of a new luxurious Airbus A330 aircraft for taking passengers to Oman holidays or to any of the airline’s destinations in the Middle East, Africa or the Indian Ocean. Part of the growth development being carried out by the company includes the launch of new flights to the United Arab Emirates, Europe, the Middle East, East Africa and South and South East Asia.
Skytrax is recognised all over the world as a leading independent authority on airline quality and assessment, which awarded Oman Air a three-star ranking a few years ago.The new upgraded ranking is welcome news for the airline and Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, who said: “This recognition of the high quality of Oman Air’s service is extremely satisfying, especially as it has been awarded by Skytrax, whose knowledge, expertise and independence are unparalleled.
“Our commitment to ensuring that the Sultanate of Oman’s national carrier offers passengers the very best in air travel is absolute and the four-star ranking that has resulted from the Skytrax Airline Quality Audit is recognition of the remarkable progress we have made.
“Furthermore, Oman Air’s inclusion within the top three of Skytrax’s list of the best business class airline seats in the world is a clear demonstration of our emergence as a world-class airline of the very highest quality.
“Oman Air’s fleet of modern, spacious and comfortable aircraft continues to grow, our network includes 40 destinations and will expand further over the course of this year, and our onboard products are outstanding. We offer excellent inflight entertainment, have pioneered inflight mobile phone and broadband connectivity and our menus put many of our competitors in the shade. And on the ground, we have unveiled stunning First Class and Business Class lounges at Muscat International Airport, as well as launched online check-in. These developments, together with many more behind the scenes, have transformed Oman Air and could not have been achieved without the energy and dedication of staff at all levels of the organisation.”
Chairman and CEO of Skytrax, Edward Plaisted, added: “Oman Air has made great strides in recent times and the airline’s Official 4 Star ranking is well-deserved, as is their inclusion within our list of the top business class airline seats.
Since the audit was conducted earlier this year, the airline has enhanced its products and services including the introduction of two Embraer 175 jets to its fleet for regional routes and an additional Airbus A330s which will arrive later this year to provide flights to Oman from a wide range of countries from all over the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...