Havanatur Signs Global Agreement with Amadeus to expand their Cuba holidays portfolio
Havanatur, a tour operator which has specialised in Cuba holidays for over thirty years, has signed an agreement with Amadeus IT Holding S.A to make its reservations available to over 90,000 outlets within the global tourism and recreational industry.
The Cuban tour operator and ground handler Havanatur has announced that it has signed an agreement with Amadeus IT Holding S.A, which will enable it to access the Amadeus System and reach over 90,000 travel agencies.
The new agreement will provide Havanatur with technological solutions and process transactions across the global tourism and recreational industry, to expand the travel company’s offerings within the Cuba holidays market.
The tour operator specialises in organising tours and holidays in Cuba and has been operating for over thirty years. The company runs 50 overseas offices across more than 40 countries, including Germany, Argentina, Bahamas, Canada, Chile, Spain, France, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and Russia.
Havanatur also specialises in the finding the best deals for tourists planning holidays to Cuba including car rental, Cuba hotels, cruise holidays, flights, transfers, packages, entertainment and tours.
By using the Amadeus System, Havanatur will be able to reach almost 90,000 travel agencies and 59,000 airline offices. Travellers will also be able to make reservations for Cuba holidays and select from over 430 airlines, 103 trains, 21 cruise lines, and 36,868 car rental offices across the world.
The new agreement has come just at the right time for Cuba as the island is expecting a greater influx of visitors this year; after the eased restrictions on the US-Cuba travel embargo which allows American tourists to visit the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural and educational purposes.
The island’s tourism ministry has set a target of three million visitors by the end of 2011 (a whopping increase from 2.4 million tourists last year) and many charter flights and ferry services have already started operating from U.S. airports and sea ports to bring the American travellers to their first-ever holidays to Cuba.
Cuba offers an array of activities, cultural traditions, sights and attractions such as the world’s second largest barrier reef, the bustling and historic capital city of Havana, several pristine uncrowded beaches, authentic cuisine, warm hospitality and historical sites and towns.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...