Havanatur Signs Global Agreement with Amadeus to expand their Cuba holidays portfolio
Havanatur, a tour operator which has specialised in Cuba holidays for over thirty years, has signed an agreement with Amadeus IT Holding S.A to make its reservations available to over 90,000 outlets within the global tourism and recreational industry.
The Cuban tour operator and ground handler Havanatur has announced that it has signed an agreement with Amadeus IT Holding S.A, which will enable it to access the Amadeus System and reach over 90,000 travel agencies.
The new agreement will provide Havanatur with technological solutions and process transactions across the global tourism and recreational industry, to expand the travel company’s offerings within the Cuba holidays market.
The tour operator specialises in organising tours and holidays in Cuba and has been operating for over thirty years. The company runs 50 overseas offices across more than 40 countries, including Germany, Argentina, Bahamas, Canada, Chile, Spain, France, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and Russia.
Havanatur also specialises in the finding the best deals for tourists planning holidays to Cuba including car rental, Cuba hotels, cruise holidays, flights, transfers, packages, entertainment and tours.
By using the Amadeus System, Havanatur will be able to reach almost 90,000 travel agencies and 59,000 airline offices. Travellers will also be able to make reservations for Cuba holidays and select from over 430 airlines, 103 trains, 21 cruise lines, and 36,868 car rental offices across the world.
The new agreement has come just at the right time for Cuba as the island is expecting a greater influx of visitors this year; after the eased restrictions on the US-Cuba travel embargo which allows American tourists to visit the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural and educational purposes.
The island’s tourism ministry has set a target of three million visitors by the end of 2011 (a whopping increase from 2.4 million tourists last year) and many charter flights and ferry services have already started operating from U.S. airports and sea ports to bring the American travellers to their first-ever holidays to Cuba.
Cuba offers an array of activities, cultural traditions, sights and attractions such as the world’s second largest barrier reef, the bustling and historic capital city of Havana, several pristine uncrowded beaches, authentic cuisine, warm hospitality and historical sites and towns.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...