Summer Exhibition Showcases Sri Lanka's Ayurveda Heritage
Health-conscious travellers taking relaxing holidays in Sri Lanka can find out about what the country has to offer at this year's Ayurveda Expo-2011 - Yoga, Meditation, Health Food and Wellness International Exhibition; which is taking place this summer
Travellers seeking ways to improve and enhance their wellbeing during Sri Lanka holidays are invited to visit the Ayurveda Expo-2011 – Yoga, Meditation, Health Food and Wellness International Exhibition which is will be taking place at the BMICH in Colombo from 15th – 17th July, 2011.
This year’s exhibition will showcase Ayurveda, one of the world’s most ancient and natural traditional medicine philosophies , which is now practiced all over the globe through yoga, meditation and other alternative treatments.
Ayurveda uses natural herbs, fruits, flowers, roots and bark as ingredients in oils, creams, tonics, body and wraps. ). It is widely practiced in Sri Lanka due to the country’s rich biodiversity and hundreds of endemic plants which are used in Ayurveda treatments.
Many foreign travellers go on holidays to Sri Lanka to receive first-hand Ayurveda treatments from experienced practices and doctors and the treatments have now been incorporated into the spas, wellness and beauty centres of many Sri Lanka hotels.
The expo is being organised by The National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka and the Ministries of Indigenous Medicine, Economic Development, Industry and Commerce and External Affairs; Sri Lanka Export Development Board; Sri Lanka Tourism; Gem & Jewellery Authority; and Sri Lankan Airlines.
Tourists taking holidays in Sri Lanka will be able to receive expert advice on products and services at the expo from hundreds of exhibitors including organisations which are involved in Ayurvedic and alternative products’ exports and imports; beauty treatments; healthcare products and herbal cosmetics manufacturing; health resorts and spas; Ayurveda clinics and hospitals, medical and research institutions and medical clinics such as yoga, acupuncture and homeopathy; manufacturers of fitness and spa equipment; healing gems, jewellery and astrology.
Chairman of the Ayurveda Expo–2011 organising Committee and President of the National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka, Mr Asoka Hettigoda, explained: “We have invited exhibitors of the above products and services from other countries in the world to participate at this event so that they could expose their products and services to a gathering of people from many countries thereby creating a broader platform.”
He added: “We have invited delegations from all over the world to participate at “Ayurveda Expo 2011” to enable them to see for themselves the benefits of Ayurveda for human life. Visitors will also have the opportunity to have business tie ups with Ayurveda products manufacturing organizations and Ayurveda related service providers which include health tourism and health related food and beverages. We have allocated a separate area for one-one business meetings between exhibitors and potential customers."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Take advantage of a this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...