Summer Exhibition Showcases Sri Lanka's Ayurveda Heritage
Health-conscious travellers taking relaxing holidays in Sri Lanka can find out about what the country has to offer at this year's Ayurveda Expo-2011 - Yoga, Meditation, Health Food and Wellness International Exhibition; which is taking place this summer
Travellers seeking ways to improve and enhance their wellbeing during Sri Lanka holidays are invited to visit the Ayurveda Expo-2011 – Yoga, Meditation, Health Food and Wellness International Exhibition which is will be taking place at the BMICH in Colombo from 15th – 17th July, 2011.
This year’s exhibition will showcase Ayurveda, one of the world’s most ancient and natural traditional medicine philosophies , which is now practiced all over the globe through yoga, meditation and other alternative treatments.
Ayurveda uses natural herbs, fruits, flowers, roots and bark as ingredients in oils, creams, tonics, body and wraps. ). It is widely practiced in Sri Lanka due to the country’s rich biodiversity and hundreds of endemic plants which are used in Ayurveda treatments.
Many foreign travellers go on holidays to Sri Lanka to receive first-hand Ayurveda treatments from experienced practices and doctors and the treatments have now been incorporated into the spas, wellness and beauty centres of many Sri Lanka hotels.
The expo is being organised by The National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka and the Ministries of Indigenous Medicine, Economic Development, Industry and Commerce and External Affairs; Sri Lanka Export Development Board; Sri Lanka Tourism; Gem & Jewellery Authority; and Sri Lankan Airlines.
Tourists taking holidays in Sri Lanka will be able to receive expert advice on products and services at the expo from hundreds of exhibitors including organisations which are involved in Ayurvedic and alternative products’ exports and imports; beauty treatments; healthcare products and herbal cosmetics manufacturing; health resorts and spas; Ayurveda clinics and hospitals, medical and research institutions and medical clinics such as yoga, acupuncture and homeopathy; manufacturers of fitness and spa equipment; healing gems, jewellery and astrology.
Chairman of the Ayurveda Expo–2011 organising Committee and President of the National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka, Mr Asoka Hettigoda, explained: “We have invited exhibitors of the above products and services from other countries in the world to participate at this event so that they could expose their products and services to a gathering of people from many countries thereby creating a broader platform.”
He added: “We have invited delegations from all over the world to participate at “Ayurveda Expo 2011” to enable them to see for themselves the benefits of Ayurveda for human life. Visitors will also have the opportunity to have business tie ups with Ayurveda products manufacturing organizations and Ayurveda related service providers which include health tourism and health related food and beverages. We have allocated a separate area for one-one business meetings between exhibitors and potential customers."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....