W Retreat & Spa Planned for Yucatan Peninsula
Travellers will soon have more choices for accommodation when planning their Cancun holidays as W Hotels Worldwide announces plans to open the new luxurious W Retreat & Spa Kanai, set within the natural landscapes of the Riviera Maya.
W Hotels Worldwide has announced that they will be adding another luxurious property to their collection of Cancun hotels with the opening of the new W Retreat & Spa Kanai in Riviera Maya.
The luxury property will provide relaxing holidays in Cancun forinternational travellers and the beachfront location and beautiful natural surroundings will enhance the luxury experience.
The new 180-room retreat is situated on the eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, just six miles from Playa del Carmen and 24 miles from Cancun International Airport.
The property is being designed by acclaimed architect, Richard Meier, and will be the main property of the Kanai Resort in the Riviera Maya which currently includes four other Cancun hotels and a Beach Club.
Eva Ziegler, Global Brand Leader of W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien, said: “We are excited to further expand W’s exclusive retreat portfolio with W Retreat & Spa Kanai - Riviera Maya, another fantastic location for the global jetsetters to escape and play when the hustle and bustle of the city gets to be too much.
“W Kanai will offer guests a new way to escape, amidst innovative design and programming, on the coast of one of the world’s most scenic beaches.”
Tourists going on holidays to Cancun will be surrounded by breathtaking beauty as the design of the W Kanai will enable it to appear as if it is floating on a carpet of mangroves against the magnificent backdrop of the sparkling azure ocean. The retreat will feature gardens, courtyards, flowing pools and waterworks that meet with terraces and footpaths.
The guest rooms are being designed by the New York-based firm Meyer Davis Studio, and guests will be able to enjoy unobstructed views of the ocean during their Cancun holidays. The rooms will feature a spacious living area and exterior deck which will be furnished with lounge seating, a cocktail bar, outdoor tub and shower, and a deck be enclosed by retractable privacy screens and sun shading louvers.
President of Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Latin America, Osvaldo Librizzi, said: “The signing of W Retreat & Spa Kanai - Riviera Maya is another sign of Starwood’s commitment to developing its brands in great destinations such as Mexico.
“We are delighted to be working with ALHEL and GIM Desarrollos on this new project, and we look forward to developing a long-term, successful partnership with them.”
Abraham Metta and Fredy Helfon, partners and developers of ALHEL and GIM Desarrollos, added: “We are absolutely delighted that this development will carry the W name, an iconic design-led lifestyle brand. This exciting project is part of a multi-property development of four hotels and 600 rooms built on a 135 acre- site with more than a mile of secluded beach.
“Designed by legendary architect, Richard Meier, we knew that this landmark site presented the perfect opportunity to create one of the best W Retreats in the world.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....