Aeromexico Launches New Route for Cuba holidays from Mexico
Mexico's flagship carrier, Aeromexico, has launched a new direct route between the capital of Mexico and Cuba's capital city of Havana in order to keep up with the increasing demand from tourists from Latin America planning holidays in Cuba.
Travellers planning Cuba holidays will now have more flight options as Mexico’s flag airline carrier, Aeromexico, launches a new direct route from Mexico City International Airport to Havana’s Jose Marti Airport in Cuba.
The direct route has been launched to keep up with the increasing demand from tourists from all over the world including Latin American travellers who are now more than ever seen before, planning holidays to Cuba.
The flights will be on a daily basis and will arrive and depart on the same day; allowing more direct and flexible Cuba travel for visitors.
Aeromexico currently offers approximately 500 daily flights between Mexico, Europe, Asia and the Americas. The airline is looking to expand its fleet of aircraft and plans to purchase twenty 190 Embraer planes, plus additional 737-700 and 737-800 Boeing aircraft to accommodate the increase in passengers taking holidays in Cuba.
The Mexican airline operates in Terminal 2 of Mexico City International Airport and offers flights to the United States, Canada, South America, the Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
Cuba has been experiencing a significant increase in tourists since U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for American travellers who were visiting the Caribbean island for religious, cultural, academic or educational reasons.
This has enabled many American travellers to take Cuba holidays for the first time and many charter flights have been set up to accommodate the increasing number of travellers.
Last year, President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for American-Cubans so that they could return home and visit family and friends as often as they wished. Previously, under Bush’s government they were only allowed to travel to Cuba once every two years.
The ongoing travel embargo has meant that Cuba has been the only Caribbean destination to not benefit from mass tourism from the U.S new changes in law could soon see Cuba becoming the most popular Caribbean tourist destination over the next few years.
Cuban Tourism Officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors expected to take Cuba holidays this year. This will have a positive impact on Cuba's tourism and will help visitors from all over the world discover the island's traditions and culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy an selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding s swim up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...