Aeromexico Launches New Route for Cuba holidays from Mexico
Mexico's flagship carrier, Aeromexico, has launched a new direct route between the capital of Mexico and Cuba's capital city of Havana in order to keep up with the increasing demand from tourists from Latin America planning holidays in Cuba.
Travellers planning Cuba holidays will now have more flight options as Mexico’s flag airline carrier, Aeromexico, launches a new direct route from Mexico City International Airport to Havana’s Jose Marti Airport in Cuba.
The direct route has been launched to keep up with the increasing demand from tourists from all over the world including Latin American travellers who are now more than ever seen before, planning holidays to Cuba.
The flights will be on a daily basis and will arrive and depart on the same day; allowing more direct and flexible Cuba travel for visitors.
Aeromexico currently offers approximately 500 daily flights between Mexico, Europe, Asia and the Americas. The airline is looking to expand its fleet of aircraft and plans to purchase twenty 190 Embraer planes, plus additional 737-700 and 737-800 Boeing aircraft to accommodate the increase in passengers taking holidays in Cuba.
The Mexican airline operates in Terminal 2 of Mexico City International Airport and offers flights to the United States, Canada, South America, the Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
Cuba has been experiencing a significant increase in tourists since U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for American travellers who were visiting the Caribbean island for religious, cultural, academic or educational reasons.
This has enabled many American travellers to take Cuba holidays for the first time and many charter flights have been set up to accommodate the increasing number of travellers.
Last year, President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for American-Cubans so that they could return home and visit family and friends as often as they wished. Previously, under Bush’s government they were only allowed to travel to Cuba once every two years.
The ongoing travel embargo has meant that Cuba has been the only Caribbean destination to not benefit from mass tourism from the U.S new changes in law could soon see Cuba becoming the most popular Caribbean tourist destination over the next few years.
Cuban Tourism Officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors expected to take Cuba holidays this year. This will have a positive impact on Cuba's tourism and will help visitors from all over the world discover the island's traditions and culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...