Aeromexico Launches New Route for Cuba holidays from Mexico
Mexico's flagship carrier, Aeromexico, has launched a new direct route between the capital of Mexico and Cuba's capital city of Havana in order to keep up with the increasing demand from tourists from Latin America planning holidays in Cuba.
Travellers planning Cuba holidays will now have more flight options as Mexico’s flag airline carrier, Aeromexico, launches a new direct route from Mexico City International Airport to Havana’s Jose Marti Airport in Cuba.
The direct route has been launched to keep up with the increasing demand from tourists from all over the world including Latin American travellers who are now more than ever seen before, planning holidays to Cuba.
The flights will be on a daily basis and will arrive and depart on the same day; allowing more direct and flexible Cuba travel for visitors.
Aeromexico currently offers approximately 500 daily flights between Mexico, Europe, Asia and the Americas. The airline is looking to expand its fleet of aircraft and plans to purchase twenty 190 Embraer planes, plus additional 737-700 and 737-800 Boeing aircraft to accommodate the increase in passengers taking holidays in Cuba.
The Mexican airline operates in Terminal 2 of Mexico City International Airport and offers flights to the United States, Canada, South America, the Caribbean, Asia and Europe.
Cuba has been experiencing a significant increase in tourists since U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for American travellers who were visiting the Caribbean island for religious, cultural, academic or educational reasons.
This has enabled many American travellers to take Cuba holidays for the first time and many charter flights have been set up to accommodate the increasing number of travellers.
Last year, President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for American-Cubans so that they could return home and visit family and friends as often as they wished. Previously, under Bush’s government they were only allowed to travel to Cuba once every two years.
The ongoing travel embargo has meant that Cuba has been the only Caribbean destination to not benefit from mass tourism from the U.S new changes in law could soon see Cuba becoming the most popular Caribbean tourist destination over the next few years.
Cuban Tourism Officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors expected to take Cuba holidays this year. This will have a positive impact on Cuba's tourism and will help visitors from all over the world discover the island's traditions and culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...