Abu Dhabi's "Ask Ali" to host Etihad's in-flight television programme
Passengers taking Abu Dhabi holidays will be entertained during flights on Etihad Airways as the local cultural ambassador, Ali Al Saloom is signed up as the host of the airline's in-flight entertainment and television programme.
Ali Al Saloom has been signed up as the host of a new in-flight television programme for Etihad Airways which will provide entertainment for passengers during their flights to Abu Dhabi holidays.
The cultural ambassador will host the programme, “Welcome to Abu Dhabi with Ask Ali”, which will showcase the United Arab Emirates’ capital city and promote it as a global tourist destination. Ali will visit many of the city’s famous attractions and sites which are popular with travellers holidays in Abu Dhabi.
Ali is a well-known personality across the United Arab Emirates and is liked by many for his friendly and witty style of presentation and his local knowledge of Arabic heritage, culture and history.
The in-flight TV programme will be available to tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays from 1st May, 2011.
Chief Commercial Officer of Etihad Airways, Peter Baumgartner, said: “Ali is a young and talented Emirati and who is passionate about promoting his country’s culture and heritage to residents and newcomers and so he was an ideal choice to host this program that we anticipate to become very popular amongst our customers from around the world.
“Etihad’s in-flight entertainment service is perfect to showcase the fantastic growth and opportunities that exist in Abu Dhabi whether it’s cultural, sporting or commercial, and the new program offers this and much more so our passengers are encouraged to tune the next time they fly with us.”
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is becoming a popular tourist destination for global travellers. The city is situated on an island just 250 metres from the mainland in the Arabian Peninsula and is a major commercial and cultural centre to the UAE because of its convenient location.
The emirate is a popular choice for travellers seeking luxury holidays and the city offers numerous high end Abu Dhabi hotels, over 10km of pristine public beaches, and a range of cultural sights, attractions and heritage sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...