Abu Dhabi's "Ask Ali" to host Etihad's in-flight television programme
Passengers taking Abu Dhabi holidays will be entertained during flights on Etihad Airways as the local cultural ambassador, Ali Al Saloom is signed up as the host of the airline's in-flight entertainment and television programme.
Ali Al Saloom has been signed up as the host of a new in-flight television programme for Etihad Airways which will provide entertainment for passengers during their flights to Abu Dhabi holidays.
The cultural ambassador will host the programme, “Welcome to Abu Dhabi with Ask Ali”, which will showcase the United Arab Emirates’ capital city and promote it as a global tourist destination. Ali will visit many of the city’s famous attractions and sites which are popular with travellers holidays in Abu Dhabi.
Ali is a well-known personality across the United Arab Emirates and is liked by many for his friendly and witty style of presentation and his local knowledge of Arabic heritage, culture and history.
The in-flight TV programme will be available to tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays from 1st May, 2011.
Chief Commercial Officer of Etihad Airways, Peter Baumgartner, said: “Ali is a young and talented Emirati and who is passionate about promoting his country’s culture and heritage to residents and newcomers and so he was an ideal choice to host this program that we anticipate to become very popular amongst our customers from around the world.
“Etihad’s in-flight entertainment service is perfect to showcase the fantastic growth and opportunities that exist in Abu Dhabi whether it’s cultural, sporting or commercial, and the new program offers this and much more so our passengers are encouraged to tune the next time they fly with us.”
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is becoming a popular tourist destination for global travellers. The city is situated on an island just 250 metres from the mainland in the Arabian Peninsula and is a major commercial and cultural centre to the UAE because of its convenient location.
The emirate is a popular choice for travellers seeking luxury holidays and the city offers numerous high end Abu Dhabi hotels, over 10km of pristine public beaches, and a range of cultural sights, attractions and heritage sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...