Abu Dhabi's "Ask Ali" to host Etihad's in-flight television programme
Passengers taking Abu Dhabi holidays will be entertained during flights on Etihad Airways as the local cultural ambassador, Ali Al Saloom is signed up as the host of the airline's in-flight entertainment and television programme.
Ali Al Saloom has been signed up as the host of a new in-flight television programme for Etihad Airways which will provide entertainment for passengers during their flights to Abu Dhabi holidays.
The cultural ambassador will host the programme, “Welcome to Abu Dhabi with Ask Ali”, which will showcase the United Arab Emirates’ capital city and promote it as a global tourist destination. Ali will visit many of the city’s famous attractions and sites which are popular with travellers holidays in Abu Dhabi.
Ali is a well-known personality across the United Arab Emirates and is liked by many for his friendly and witty style of presentation and his local knowledge of Arabic heritage, culture and history.
The in-flight TV programme will be available to tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays from 1st May, 2011.
Chief Commercial Officer of Etihad Airways, Peter Baumgartner, said: “Ali is a young and talented Emirati and who is passionate about promoting his country’s culture and heritage to residents and newcomers and so he was an ideal choice to host this program that we anticipate to become very popular amongst our customers from around the world.
“Etihad’s in-flight entertainment service is perfect to showcase the fantastic growth and opportunities that exist in Abu Dhabi whether it’s cultural, sporting or commercial, and the new program offers this and much more so our passengers are encouraged to tune the next time they fly with us.”
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is becoming a popular tourist destination for global travellers. The city is situated on an island just 250 metres from the mainland in the Arabian Peninsula and is a major commercial and cultural centre to the UAE because of its convenient location.
The emirate is a popular choice for travellers seeking luxury holidays and the city offers numerous high end Abu Dhabi hotels, over 10km of pristine public beaches, and a range of cultural sights, attractions and heritage sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...