Abu Dhabi's "Ask Ali" to host Etihad's in-flight television programme
Passengers taking Abu Dhabi holidays will be entertained during flights on Etihad Airways as the local cultural ambassador, Ali Al Saloom is signed up as the host of the airline's in-flight entertainment and television programme.
Ali Al Saloom has been signed up as the host of a new in-flight television programme for Etihad Airways which will provide entertainment for passengers during their flights to Abu Dhabi holidays.
The cultural ambassador will host the programme, “Welcome to Abu Dhabi with Ask Ali”, which will showcase the United Arab Emirates’ capital city and promote it as a global tourist destination. Ali will visit many of the city’s famous attractions and sites which are popular with travellers holidays in Abu Dhabi.
Ali is a well-known personality across the United Arab Emirates and is liked by many for his friendly and witty style of presentation and his local knowledge of Arabic heritage, culture and history.
The in-flight TV programme will be available to tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays from 1st May, 2011.
Chief Commercial Officer of Etihad Airways, Peter Baumgartner, said: “Ali is a young and talented Emirati and who is passionate about promoting his country’s culture and heritage to residents and newcomers and so he was an ideal choice to host this program that we anticipate to become very popular amongst our customers from around the world.
“Etihad’s in-flight entertainment service is perfect to showcase the fantastic growth and opportunities that exist in Abu Dhabi whether it’s cultural, sporting or commercial, and the new program offers this and much more so our passengers are encouraged to tune the next time they fly with us.”
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is becoming a popular tourist destination for global travellers. The city is situated on an island just 250 metres from the mainland in the Arabian Peninsula and is a major commercial and cultural centre to the UAE because of its convenient location.
The emirate is a popular choice for travellers seeking luxury holidays and the city offers numerous high end Abu Dhabi hotels, over 10km of pristine public beaches, and a range of cultural sights, attractions and heritage sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...