Wonderful Havana site wins Travel Award in the United Kingdom
The new website WonderfulHavana.com which specialises in providing information, news and reviews of Cuba holidays in Havana and publishes the city's atest events, has won a prestigious travel award from the UK's most popular cruise agency, Cruise.co.uk.
After just six months of operation, an Irish-based travel website has won a prestigious travel award for providing an expert guide and advice for holidays in Cuba; more specifically in Havana.
WonderfulHavana.com received the award from the UK’s most popular cruise agent, Cruise.co.uk and was one of only 13 websites to be recognised and the only one which was specifically related to Havana in particular and Cuba holidays in general.
The award was given for "offering great advice and accurate reviews and news" and being "informative, helpful and accurate."
Travellers can visit WonderfulHavana.com to find out information about Cuba’s capital city, Havana and gain valuable insight into the most interesting and exciting aspects of Havana, from the best sights and attractions to see, to the best music venues, bars, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
The “What’s On” section of the website highlights the city’s best events, music gigs, art exhibitions, theatre performance and local and international festivals for visitors taking Cuba holidays in Havana all year round.
After years of visiting and living in Havana, the website was created by Irish journalist, Eddie Lennon and Irish travel writer Julie Napier, who both write the content of the site along with several correspondents who permanently reside in Havana.
The site’s articles are regularly reviewed by tourists who have recently taken holidays to Cuba to provide up to date information about the bustling city and new information is constantly added and edited to the site to ensure the material is current and accurate.
The website says: “WonderfulHavana.com is the ultimate independent insider’s guide to Havana. We show you the best of everything this fascinating metropolis has to offer.
“The Havana most visitors never see is a living, breathing city rich in culture and character. It is a constant revelation, with stunningly cheap yet excellent restaurants, little-known places to see and things to do; extremely cheap accommodation; semi-secret bars and clubs, and a vitality that almost defies belief given the adverse social and economic conditions people have to face.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Seize this opportunity to explore Cuba's mystical and ancient capital from top to bottom, savouring its enduring...
Explore the beautiful and interesting sites of Cuba's capital during an 8-day stay in the centric Park View Hotel....