Wonderful Havana site wins Travel Award in the United Kingdom
The new website WonderfulHavana.com which specialises in providing information, news and reviews of Cuba holidays in Havana and publishes the city's atest events, has won a prestigious travel award from the UK's most popular cruise agency, Cruise.co.uk.
After just six months of operation, an Irish-based travel website has won a prestigious travel award for providing an expert guide and advice for holidays in Cuba; more specifically in Havana.
WonderfulHavana.com received the award from the UK’s most popular cruise agent, Cruise.co.uk and was one of only 13 websites to be recognised and the only one which was specifically related to Havana in particular and Cuba holidays in general.
The award was given for "offering great advice and accurate reviews and news" and being "informative, helpful and accurate."
Travellers can visit WonderfulHavana.com to find out information about Cuba’s capital city, Havana and gain valuable insight into the most interesting and exciting aspects of Havana, from the best sights and attractions to see, to the best music venues, bars, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
The “What’s On” section of the website highlights the city’s best events, music gigs, art exhibitions, theatre performance and local and international festivals for visitors taking Cuba holidays in Havana all year round.
After years of visiting and living in Havana, the website was created by Irish journalist, Eddie Lennon and Irish travel writer Julie Napier, who both write the content of the site along with several correspondents who permanently reside in Havana.
The site’s articles are regularly reviewed by tourists who have recently taken holidays to Cuba to provide up to date information about the bustling city and new information is constantly added and edited to the site to ensure the material is current and accurate.
The website says: “WonderfulHavana.com is the ultimate independent insider’s guide to Havana. We show you the best of everything this fascinating metropolis has to offer.
“The Havana most visitors never see is a living, breathing city rich in culture and character. It is a constant revelation, with stunningly cheap yet excellent restaurants, little-known places to see and things to do; extremely cheap accommodation; semi-secret bars and clubs, and a vitality that almost defies belief given the adverse social and economic conditions people have to face.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea. This building has a...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...