Wonderful Havana site wins Travel Award in the United Kingdom
The new website WonderfulHavana.com which specialises in providing information, news and reviews of Cuba holidays in Havana and publishes the city's atest events, has won a prestigious travel award from the UK's most popular cruise agency, Cruise.co.uk.
After just six months of operation, an Irish-based travel website has won a prestigious travel award for providing an expert guide and advice for holidays in Cuba; more specifically in Havana.
WonderfulHavana.com received the award from the UK’s most popular cruise agent, Cruise.co.uk and was one of only 13 websites to be recognised and the only one which was specifically related to Havana in particular and Cuba holidays in general.
The award was given for "offering great advice and accurate reviews and news" and being "informative, helpful and accurate."
Travellers can visit WonderfulHavana.com to find out information about Cuba’s capital city, Havana and gain valuable insight into the most interesting and exciting aspects of Havana, from the best sights and attractions to see, to the best music venues, bars, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
The “What’s On” section of the website highlights the city’s best events, music gigs, art exhibitions, theatre performance and local and international festivals for visitors taking Cuba holidays in Havana all year round.
After years of visiting and living in Havana, the website was created by Irish journalist, Eddie Lennon and Irish travel writer Julie Napier, who both write the content of the site along with several correspondents who permanently reside in Havana.
The site’s articles are regularly reviewed by tourists who have recently taken holidays to Cuba to provide up to date information about the bustling city and new information is constantly added and edited to the site to ensure the material is current and accurate.
The website says: “WonderfulHavana.com is the ultimate independent insider’s guide to Havana. We show you the best of everything this fascinating metropolis has to offer.
“The Havana most visitors never see is a living, breathing city rich in culture and character. It is a constant revelation, with stunningly cheap yet excellent restaurants, little-known places to see and things to do; extremely cheap accommodation; semi-secret bars and clubs, and a vitality that almost defies belief given the adverse social and economic conditions people have to face.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...