Wonderful Havana site wins Travel Award in the United Kingdom
The new website WonderfulHavana.com which specialises in providing information, news and reviews of Cuba holidays in Havana and publishes the city's atest events, has won a prestigious travel award from the UK's most popular cruise agency, Cruise.co.uk.
After just six months of operation, an Irish-based travel website has won a prestigious travel award for providing an expert guide and advice for holidays in Cuba; more specifically in Havana.
WonderfulHavana.com received the award from the UK’s most popular cruise agent, Cruise.co.uk and was one of only 13 websites to be recognised and the only one which was specifically related to Havana in particular and Cuba holidays in general.
The award was given for "offering great advice and accurate reviews and news" and being "informative, helpful and accurate."
Travellers can visit WonderfulHavana.com to find out information about Cuba’s capital city, Havana and gain valuable insight into the most interesting and exciting aspects of Havana, from the best sights and attractions to see, to the best music venues, bars, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
The “What’s On” section of the website highlights the city’s best events, music gigs, art exhibitions, theatre performance and local and international festivals for visitors taking Cuba holidays in Havana all year round.
After years of visiting and living in Havana, the website was created by Irish journalist, Eddie Lennon and Irish travel writer Julie Napier, who both write the content of the site along with several correspondents who permanently reside in Havana.
The site’s articles are regularly reviewed by tourists who have recently taken holidays to Cuba to provide up to date information about the bustling city and new information is constantly added and edited to the site to ensure the material is current and accurate.
The website says: “WonderfulHavana.com is the ultimate independent insider’s guide to Havana. We show you the best of everything this fascinating metropolis has to offer.
“The Havana most visitors never see is a living, breathing city rich in culture and character. It is a constant revelation, with stunningly cheap yet excellent restaurants, little-known places to see and things to do; extremely cheap accommodation; semi-secret bars and clubs, and a vitality that almost defies belief given the adverse social and economic conditions people have to face.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...