KLM Launches Scheduled Flights for Cuba Holidays in Havana
Royal Dutch Airlines, KLM, have announced that they will be launching a new thrice-weekly service which will provide direct flights for Cuba holidays to Havana and will commence on 31st October with the airline's 2011 winter schedule.
Tourists planning their Cuba holidays this winter will have another airline to choose from when booking their flights as KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines announce that they will be commencing a thrice-weekly service to Havana from 31st October 2011.
The new KLM flights to Cuba will depart from the Schiphol Mainport in Amsterdam three times a week and will fly to José Martí International Airport, bringing tourists directly to Cuba holidays in Havana.
The Cuba flights will be available on Mondays, Thursday and Saturdays and will depart Schiphol Mainport at 13.15 and arrive in Havana at 17.45, local time. Return flights will depart from Havana’s José Martí International Airport at 19.45 local time and arrive in Amsterdam the next day at 10.45 local time.
The aircraft will offer 285 seats for passengers taking holidays in Cuba, with 24 seats in World Business Class and 261 in economy class.
KLM President and Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hartman, said: “From the forthcoming winter schedule, KLM will markedly expand capacity to the Caribbean. Cuba is the perfect addition to KLM’s extensive global network. With Havana, we now offer even more options for Dutch holidaymakers departing from the Schiphol Mainport. What’s more, Cuba enjoys widespread popularity beyond the Netherlands amongst many European citizens, who can travel to this exceptional Caribbean destination within a day, transferring but once en route.”
The largest of all Caribbean islands, located right in the middle of the Caribbean Sea; this culture rich destination offers a number of reasons why travellers should come on holidays to Cuba.
The island boasts the world’s second-largest barrier reef and popular scuba diving spots include the Isle of Youth with the stunning Punta Frances Natural Park; the bustling and historic capital city of Havana; the popular beach resort of Varadero with over 20km of pristine beaches; and a wide range of natural, heritage, historic and UNESCO declared sites scattered across the island.
Cuba is KLM’s 68th intercontinental destination and flights for Havana holidays are available to book now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...