KLM Launches Scheduled Flights for Cuba Holidays in Havana
Royal Dutch Airlines, KLM, have announced that they will be launching a new thrice-weekly service which will provide direct flights for Cuba holidays to Havana and will commence on 31st October with the airline's 2011 winter schedule.
Tourists planning their Cuba holidays this winter will have another airline to choose from when booking their flights as KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines announce that they will be commencing a thrice-weekly service to Havana from 31st October 2011.
The new KLM flights to Cuba will depart from the Schiphol Mainport in Amsterdam three times a week and will fly to José Martí International Airport, bringing tourists directly to Cuba holidays in Havana.
The Cuba flights will be available on Mondays, Thursday and Saturdays and will depart Schiphol Mainport at 13.15 and arrive in Havana at 17.45, local time. Return flights will depart from Havana’s José Martí International Airport at 19.45 local time and arrive in Amsterdam the next day at 10.45 local time.
The aircraft will offer 285 seats for passengers taking holidays in Cuba, with 24 seats in World Business Class and 261 in economy class.
KLM President and Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hartman, said: “From the forthcoming winter schedule, KLM will markedly expand capacity to the Caribbean. Cuba is the perfect addition to KLM’s extensive global network. With Havana, we now offer even more options for Dutch holidaymakers departing from the Schiphol Mainport. What’s more, Cuba enjoys widespread popularity beyond the Netherlands amongst many European citizens, who can travel to this exceptional Caribbean destination within a day, transferring but once en route.”
The largest of all Caribbean islands, located right in the middle of the Caribbean Sea; this culture rich destination offers a number of reasons why travellers should come on holidays to Cuba.
The island boasts the world’s second-largest barrier reef and popular scuba diving spots include the Isle of Youth with the stunning Punta Frances Natural Park; the bustling and historic capital city of Havana; the popular beach resort of Varadero with over 20km of pristine beaches; and a wide range of natural, heritage, historic and UNESCO declared sites scattered across the island.
Cuba is KLM’s 68th intercontinental destination and flights for Havana holidays are available to book now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...