KLM Launches Scheduled Flights for Cuba Holidays in Havana
Royal Dutch Airlines, KLM, have announced that they will be launching a new thrice-weekly service which will provide direct flights for Cuba holidays to Havana and will commence on 31st October with the airline's 2011 winter schedule.
Tourists planning their Cuba holidays this winter will have another airline to choose from when booking their flights as KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines announce that they will be commencing a thrice-weekly service to Havana from 31st October 2011.
The new KLM flights to Cuba will depart from the Schiphol Mainport in Amsterdam three times a week and will fly to José Martí International Airport, bringing tourists directly to Cuba holidays in Havana.
The Cuba flights will be available on Mondays, Thursday and Saturdays and will depart Schiphol Mainport at 13.15 and arrive in Havana at 17.45, local time. Return flights will depart from Havana’s José Martí International Airport at 19.45 local time and arrive in Amsterdam the next day at 10.45 local time.
The aircraft will offer 285 seats for passengers taking holidays in Cuba, with 24 seats in World Business Class and 261 in economy class.
KLM President and Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hartman, said: “From the forthcoming winter schedule, KLM will markedly expand capacity to the Caribbean. Cuba is the perfect addition to KLM’s extensive global network. With Havana, we now offer even more options for Dutch holidaymakers departing from the Schiphol Mainport. What’s more, Cuba enjoys widespread popularity beyond the Netherlands amongst many European citizens, who can travel to this exceptional Caribbean destination within a day, transferring but once en route.”
The largest of all Caribbean islands, located right in the middle of the Caribbean Sea; this culture rich destination offers a number of reasons why travellers should come on holidays to Cuba.
The island boasts the world’s second-largest barrier reef and popular scuba diving spots include the Isle of Youth with the stunning Punta Frances Natural Park; the bustling and historic capital city of Havana; the popular beach resort of Varadero with over 20km of pristine beaches; and a wide range of natural, heritage, historic and UNESCO declared sites scattered across the island.
Cuba is KLM’s 68th intercontinental destination and flights for Havana holidays are available to book now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...