KLM Launches Scheduled Flights for Cuba Holidays in Havana
Royal Dutch Airlines, KLM, have announced that they will be launching a new thrice-weekly service which will provide direct flights for Cuba holidays to Havana and will commence on 31st October with the airline's 2011 winter schedule.
Tourists planning their Cuba holidays this winter will have another airline to choose from when booking their flights as KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines announce that they will be commencing a thrice-weekly service to Havana from 31st October 2011.
The new KLM flights to Cuba will depart from the Schiphol Mainport in Amsterdam three times a week and will fly to José Martí International Airport, bringing tourists directly to Cuba holidays in Havana.
The Cuba flights will be available on Mondays, Thursday and Saturdays and will depart Schiphol Mainport at 13.15 and arrive in Havana at 17.45, local time. Return flights will depart from Havana’s José Martí International Airport at 19.45 local time and arrive in Amsterdam the next day at 10.45 local time.
The aircraft will offer 285 seats for passengers taking holidays in Cuba, with 24 seats in World Business Class and 261 in economy class.
KLM President and Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hartman, said: “From the forthcoming winter schedule, KLM will markedly expand capacity to the Caribbean. Cuba is the perfect addition to KLM’s extensive global network. With Havana, we now offer even more options for Dutch holidaymakers departing from the Schiphol Mainport. What’s more, Cuba enjoys widespread popularity beyond the Netherlands amongst many European citizens, who can travel to this exceptional Caribbean destination within a day, transferring but once en route.”
The largest of all Caribbean islands, located right in the middle of the Caribbean Sea; this culture rich destination offers a number of reasons why travellers should come on holidays to Cuba.
The island boasts the world’s second-largest barrier reef and popular scuba diving spots include the Isle of Youth with the stunning Punta Frances Natural Park; the bustling and historic capital city of Havana; the popular beach resort of Varadero with over 20km of pristine beaches; and a wide range of natural, heritage, historic and UNESCO declared sites scattered across the island.
Cuba is KLM’s 68th intercontinental destination and flights for Havana holidays are available to book now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...