Cuba Holidays Showcased at Le Monde Paris International Tourism Fair
Last month, Cuba participated in the Le Monde Ã Paris International Tourism Fair (MAP 2011 to promote its summer promotions and products for Cuba holidays and to showcase the island's history, culture and heritage.
This year’s Le Monde à Paris International Tourism Fair (MAP 2011) saw the participation of the Caribbean island of Cuba and the country used the opportunity to promote its summer promotions and products to entice more travellers to book holidays to Cuba.
The event took place at the exhibition park of Porte de Versailles in Paris during last month and was attended by representatives of travel companies, tour operators, hotel groups, airlines, officials and leaders within the tourism sector.
Cuba’s 45-square-metre stand advertised the Genuine Cuba campaign which is also being presented in Lyon, Marseilles, Toulouse, Strasbourg, and Bordeaux.
The stand also promoted the island’s unique attributes that made many travellers from all over the world take holidays in Cuba for its heritage, culture, natural beauty and famous history.
The event gave partners and collaborators the chance to discuss the future of Cuba holidays for French travellers. Last year, over 80,000 visitors from France took Cuba holidays but the figures have been slowly declining.
The 2011 Le Monde à Paris International Tourism Fair saw presentations from the office for Tourism Promotion and Information for France and Switzerland, Havanatur, the Paris tour operator, the Gran Caribe hotel group, Iberostar and Occidental hotel associates, Cubana Airlines and Air France.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture, heritage and history and home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Until recently, the ongoing United States-Cuba embargo limited Cuba travel for American holidaymakers but earlier this year U.S President Obama eased restrictions on Cuba holidays for American travellers who are visiting the island for religious, academic, educational and cultural purposes. Last year Obama relaxed travel restrictions for Cuba-Americans who want to freely return home to visit family and friends.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...