Cuba Holidays Showcased at Le Monde Paris International Tourism Fair
Last month, Cuba participated in the Le Monde Ã Paris International Tourism Fair (MAP 2011 to promote its summer promotions and products for Cuba holidays and to showcase the island's history, culture and heritage.
This year’s Le Monde à Paris International Tourism Fair (MAP 2011) saw the participation of the Caribbean island of Cuba and the country used the opportunity to promote its summer promotions and products to entice more travellers to book holidays to Cuba.
The event took place at the exhibition park of Porte de Versailles in Paris during last month and was attended by representatives of travel companies, tour operators, hotel groups, airlines, officials and leaders within the tourism sector.
Cuba’s 45-square-metre stand advertised the Genuine Cuba campaign which is also being presented in Lyon, Marseilles, Toulouse, Strasbourg, and Bordeaux.
The stand also promoted the island’s unique attributes that made many travellers from all over the world take holidays in Cuba for its heritage, culture, natural beauty and famous history.
The event gave partners and collaborators the chance to discuss the future of Cuba holidays for French travellers. Last year, over 80,000 visitors from France took Cuba holidays but the figures have been slowly declining.
The 2011 Le Monde à Paris International Tourism Fair saw presentations from the office for Tourism Promotion and Information for France and Switzerland, Havanatur, the Paris tour operator, the Gran Caribe hotel group, Iberostar and Occidental hotel associates, Cubana Airlines and Air France.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture, heritage and history and home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Until recently, the ongoing United States-Cuba embargo limited Cuba travel for American holidaymakers but earlier this year U.S President Obama eased restrictions on Cuba holidays for American travellers who are visiting the island for religious, academic, educational and cultural purposes. Last year Obama relaxed travel restrictions for Cuba-Americans who want to freely return home to visit family and friends.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...