Cuba Holidays Showcased at Le Monde Paris International Tourism Fair
Last month, Cuba participated in the Le Monde Ã Paris International Tourism Fair (MAP 2011 to promote its summer promotions and products for Cuba holidays and to showcase the island's history, culture and heritage.
This year’s Le Monde à Paris International Tourism Fair (MAP 2011) saw the participation of the Caribbean island of Cuba and the country used the opportunity to promote its summer promotions and products to entice more travellers to book holidays to Cuba.
The event took place at the exhibition park of Porte de Versailles in Paris during last month and was attended by representatives of travel companies, tour operators, hotel groups, airlines, officials and leaders within the tourism sector.
Cuba’s 45-square-metre stand advertised the Genuine Cuba campaign which is also being presented in Lyon, Marseilles, Toulouse, Strasbourg, and Bordeaux.
The stand also promoted the island’s unique attributes that made many travellers from all over the world take holidays in Cuba for its heritage, culture, natural beauty and famous history.
The event gave partners and collaborators the chance to discuss the future of Cuba holidays for French travellers. Last year, over 80,000 visitors from France took Cuba holidays but the figures have been slowly declining.
The 2011 Le Monde à Paris International Tourism Fair saw presentations from the office for Tourism Promotion and Information for France and Switzerland, Havanatur, the Paris tour operator, the Gran Caribe hotel group, Iberostar and Occidental hotel associates, Cubana Airlines and Air France.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture, heritage and history and home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Until recently, the ongoing United States-Cuba embargo limited Cuba travel for American holidaymakers but earlier this year U.S President Obama eased restrictions on Cuba holidays for American travellers who are visiting the island for religious, academic, educational and cultural purposes. Last year Obama relaxed travel restrictions for Cuba-Americans who want to freely return home to visit family and friends.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...