Caribbean Airlines breaks passenger records this Carnival season
Caribbean Airlines has recorded one of its busiest Carnival seasons ever, transporting over 85,000 passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays between 27th February and 13th March 2011; signalling an 18 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
Caribbean Airlines has broken the record for carrying the most passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays during this year’s Carnival season.
The airline’s Head of Corporate Communications, Laura Asbjornsen, said: “During this period, if we take into account both our international and domestic traffic, the airline transported 85, 808 customers with the total number for international traffic standing at 60,129 passengers. The domestic operation transported just under half that number at 25, 679 customers.”
Between 27th February and 13th March, 2011, Caribbean Airlines carried over 85,000 travellers who were heading off to sunny island destinations for their holidays in the Caribbean.
The international flight figures represented an 18 per cent increase compared to the same period during 2010 and domestic travel between Trinidad and Tobago increased by an extra thousand passengers taking Tobago holidays, than the same time last year.
Asbjornsen added that this capacity was set to increase even further as Caribbean Airlines looks to increase its operations after receiving its new ATR aircraft. She said: “In 2010, Caribbean Airlines transported 24,768 passengers to Tobago with this increasing to 25,679 passengers on the domestic route for 2011.”
The airline received two ATR 500 Aircraft last month which are being leased until the airline receives its new ATR 600 aircraft scheduled for arrival in October this year. The aircraft will be used within the current network as Caribbean Airlines expands its regional operations and offers more service for its local and international customers.
Last month, the St Lucian Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Senator Allen Chastanet, said that the Government of St Lucia was interested in designating Caribbean Airlines as the island’s national carrier.
Caribbean Airlines offers a range of domestic and international flights for local Caribbean and foreign tourists heading to Jamaica, Antigua, Barbados and Grenada holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...