Caribbean Airlines breaks passenger records this Carnival season
Caribbean Airlines has recorded one of its busiest Carnival seasons ever, transporting over 85,000 passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays between 27th February and 13th March 2011; signalling an 18 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
Caribbean Airlines has broken the record for carrying the most passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays during this year’s Carnival season.
The airline’s Head of Corporate Communications, Laura Asbjornsen, said: “During this period, if we take into account both our international and domestic traffic, the airline transported 85, 808 customers with the total number for international traffic standing at 60,129 passengers. The domestic operation transported just under half that number at 25, 679 customers.”
Between 27th February and 13th March, 2011, Caribbean Airlines carried over 85,000 travellers who were heading off to sunny island destinations for their holidays in the Caribbean.
The international flight figures represented an 18 per cent increase compared to the same period during 2010 and domestic travel between Trinidad and Tobago increased by an extra thousand passengers taking Tobago holidays, than the same time last year.
Asbjornsen added that this capacity was set to increase even further as Caribbean Airlines looks to increase its operations after receiving its new ATR aircraft. She said: “In 2010, Caribbean Airlines transported 24,768 passengers to Tobago with this increasing to 25,679 passengers on the domestic route for 2011.”
The airline received two ATR 500 Aircraft last month which are being leased until the airline receives its new ATR 600 aircraft scheduled for arrival in October this year. The aircraft will be used within the current network as Caribbean Airlines expands its regional operations and offers more service for its local and international customers.
Last month, the St Lucian Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Senator Allen Chastanet, said that the Government of St Lucia was interested in designating Caribbean Airlines as the island’s national carrier.
Caribbean Airlines offers a range of domestic and international flights for local Caribbean and foreign tourists heading to Jamaica, Antigua, Barbados and Grenada holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...