Caribbean Airlines breaks passenger records this Carnival season
Caribbean Airlines has recorded one of its busiest Carnival seasons ever, transporting over 85,000 passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays between 27th February and 13th March 2011; signalling an 18 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
Caribbean Airlines has broken the record for carrying the most passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays during this year’s Carnival season.
The airline’s Head of Corporate Communications, Laura Asbjornsen, said: “During this period, if we take into account both our international and domestic traffic, the airline transported 85, 808 customers with the total number for international traffic standing at 60,129 passengers. The domestic operation transported just under half that number at 25, 679 customers.”
Between 27th February and 13th March, 2011, Caribbean Airlines carried over 85,000 travellers who were heading off to sunny island destinations for their holidays in the Caribbean.
The international flight figures represented an 18 per cent increase compared to the same period during 2010 and domestic travel between Trinidad and Tobago increased by an extra thousand passengers taking Tobago holidays, than the same time last year.
Asbjornsen added that this capacity was set to increase even further as Caribbean Airlines looks to increase its operations after receiving its new ATR aircraft. She said: “In 2010, Caribbean Airlines transported 24,768 passengers to Tobago with this increasing to 25,679 passengers on the domestic route for 2011.”
The airline received two ATR 500 Aircraft last month which are being leased until the airline receives its new ATR 600 aircraft scheduled for arrival in October this year. The aircraft will be used within the current network as Caribbean Airlines expands its regional operations and offers more service for its local and international customers.
Last month, the St Lucian Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Senator Allen Chastanet, said that the Government of St Lucia was interested in designating Caribbean Airlines as the island’s national carrier.
Caribbean Airlines offers a range of domestic and international flights for local Caribbean and foreign tourists heading to Jamaica, Antigua, Barbados and Grenada holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...