Caribbean Airlines breaks passenger records this Carnival season
Caribbean Airlines has recorded one of its busiest Carnival seasons ever, transporting over 85,000 passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays between 27th February and 13th March 2011; signalling an 18 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
Caribbean Airlines has broken the record for carrying the most passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays during this year’s Carnival season.
The airline’s Head of Corporate Communications, Laura Asbjornsen, said: “During this period, if we take into account both our international and domestic traffic, the airline transported 85, 808 customers with the total number for international traffic standing at 60,129 passengers. The domestic operation transported just under half that number at 25, 679 customers.”
Between 27th February and 13th March, 2011, Caribbean Airlines carried over 85,000 travellers who were heading off to sunny island destinations for their holidays in the Caribbean.
The international flight figures represented an 18 per cent increase compared to the same period during 2010 and domestic travel between Trinidad and Tobago increased by an extra thousand passengers taking Tobago holidays, than the same time last year.
Asbjornsen added that this capacity was set to increase even further as Caribbean Airlines looks to increase its operations after receiving its new ATR aircraft. She said: “In 2010, Caribbean Airlines transported 24,768 passengers to Tobago with this increasing to 25,679 passengers on the domestic route for 2011.”
The airline received two ATR 500 Aircraft last month which are being leased until the airline receives its new ATR 600 aircraft scheduled for arrival in October this year. The aircraft will be used within the current network as Caribbean Airlines expands its regional operations and offers more service for its local and international customers.
Last month, the St Lucian Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Senator Allen Chastanet, said that the Government of St Lucia was interested in designating Caribbean Airlines as the island’s national carrier.
Caribbean Airlines offers a range of domestic and international flights for local Caribbean and foreign tourists heading to Jamaica, Antigua, Barbados and Grenada holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...