Caribbean Airlines breaks passenger records this Carnival season
Caribbean Airlines has recorded one of its busiest Carnival seasons ever, transporting over 85,000 passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays between 27th February and 13th March 2011; signalling an 18 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
Caribbean Airlines has broken the record for carrying the most passengers to and from their Caribbean holidays during this year’s Carnival season.
The airline’s Head of Corporate Communications, Laura Asbjornsen, said: “During this period, if we take into account both our international and domestic traffic, the airline transported 85, 808 customers with the total number for international traffic standing at 60,129 passengers. The domestic operation transported just under half that number at 25, 679 customers.”
Between 27th February and 13th March, 2011, Caribbean Airlines carried over 85,000 travellers who were heading off to sunny island destinations for their holidays in the Caribbean.
The international flight figures represented an 18 per cent increase compared to the same period during 2010 and domestic travel between Trinidad and Tobago increased by an extra thousand passengers taking Tobago holidays, than the same time last year.
Asbjornsen added that this capacity was set to increase even further as Caribbean Airlines looks to increase its operations after receiving its new ATR aircraft. She said: “In 2010, Caribbean Airlines transported 24,768 passengers to Tobago with this increasing to 25,679 passengers on the domestic route for 2011.”
The airline received two ATR 500 Aircraft last month which are being leased until the airline receives its new ATR 600 aircraft scheduled for arrival in October this year. The aircraft will be used within the current network as Caribbean Airlines expands its regional operations and offers more service for its local and international customers.
Last month, the St Lucian Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Senator Allen Chastanet, said that the Government of St Lucia was interested in designating Caribbean Airlines as the island’s national carrier.
Caribbean Airlines offers a range of domestic and international flights for local Caribbean and foreign tourists heading to Jamaica, Antigua, Barbados and Grenada holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...