Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival Next Week
Cuba will be hosting the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America convention centre in Varadero Beach this April, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists taking holidays in Cuba.
The 3rd International Gourmet Festival will be taking place in Varadero, Cuba next week and is expected to attract thousands of residents and tourists on Cuba holidays who are keen to discover more about local and international cuisine.
The event will take place between Wednesday 6th and Friday 8th April, 2011 at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach and will be attended by 200 participants from Jamaica, Argentina, the United States and South Africa.
The event is being sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) together with the entrepreneurial group Palmares, and organising committee members include Yubelsi Perez, Rene Garcia and Raudel Garcia who hope the event will boost the island’s luxury tourism offers, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero Beach is a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays located 87 miles east of the island’s capital city of Havana. The resort is situated in the province of Mantanzas on the north coast of the Caribbean island; an area which boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists going on holidays to Cuba.
The beautiful town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star Cuba hotels and gourmet restaurants, and tourists will find an array of fun-packed and relaxing activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
This year’s International Gourmet Festival will feature new products from several different countries and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, informative seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The Caribbean island is expected to welcome an increased number of American travellers this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. Charter flights from U.S airports have already been given the go-ahead and many tour companies are setting up cultural tours ready for the new influx of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...