Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival Next Week
Cuba will be hosting the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America convention centre in Varadero Beach this April, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists taking holidays in Cuba.
The 3rd International Gourmet Festival will be taking place in Varadero, Cuba next week and is expected to attract thousands of residents and tourists on Cuba holidays who are keen to discover more about local and international cuisine.
The event will take place between Wednesday 6th and Friday 8th April, 2011 at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach and will be attended by 200 participants from Jamaica, Argentina, the United States and South Africa.
The event is being sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) together with the entrepreneurial group Palmares, and organising committee members include Yubelsi Perez, Rene Garcia and Raudel Garcia who hope the event will boost the island’s luxury tourism offers, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero Beach is a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays located 87 miles east of the island’s capital city of Havana. The resort is situated in the province of Mantanzas on the north coast of the Caribbean island; an area which boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists going on holidays to Cuba.
The beautiful town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star Cuba hotels and gourmet restaurants, and tourists will find an array of fun-packed and relaxing activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
This year’s International Gourmet Festival will feature new products from several different countries and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, informative seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The Caribbean island is expected to welcome an increased number of American travellers this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. Charter flights from U.S airports have already been given the go-ahead and many tour companies are setting up cultural tours ready for the new influx of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...