Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival Next Week
Cuba will be hosting the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America convention centre in Varadero Beach this April, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists taking holidays in Cuba.
The 3rd International Gourmet Festival will be taking place in Varadero, Cuba next week and is expected to attract thousands of residents and tourists on Cuba holidays who are keen to discover more about local and international cuisine.
The event will take place between Wednesday 6th and Friday 8th April, 2011 at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach and will be attended by 200 participants from Jamaica, Argentina, the United States and South Africa.
The event is being sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) together with the entrepreneurial group Palmares, and organising committee members include Yubelsi Perez, Rene Garcia and Raudel Garcia who hope the event will boost the island’s luxury tourism offers, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero Beach is a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays located 87 miles east of the island’s capital city of Havana. The resort is situated in the province of Mantanzas on the north coast of the Caribbean island; an area which boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists going on holidays to Cuba.
The beautiful town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star Cuba hotels and gourmet restaurants, and tourists will find an array of fun-packed and relaxing activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
This year’s International Gourmet Festival will feature new products from several different countries and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, informative seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The Caribbean island is expected to welcome an increased number of American travellers this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. Charter flights from U.S airports have already been given the go-ahead and many tour companies are setting up cultural tours ready for the new influx of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...