Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival Next Week
Cuba will be hosting the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America convention centre in Varadero Beach this April, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists taking holidays in Cuba.
The 3rd International Gourmet Festival will be taking place in Varadero, Cuba next week and is expected to attract thousands of residents and tourists on Cuba holidays who are keen to discover more about local and international cuisine.
The event will take place between Wednesday 6th and Friday 8th April, 2011 at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach and will be attended by 200 participants from Jamaica, Argentina, the United States and South Africa.
The event is being sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) together with the entrepreneurial group Palmares, and organising committee members include Yubelsi Perez, Rene Garcia and Raudel Garcia who hope the event will boost the island’s luxury tourism offers, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero Beach is a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays located 87 miles east of the island’s capital city of Havana. The resort is situated in the province of Mantanzas on the north coast of the Caribbean island; an area which boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists going on holidays to Cuba.
The beautiful town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star Cuba hotels and gourmet restaurants, and tourists will find an array of fun-packed and relaxing activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
This year’s International Gourmet Festival will feature new products from several different countries and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, informative seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The Caribbean island is expected to welcome an increased number of American travellers this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. Charter flights from U.S airports have already been given the go-ahead and many tour companies are setting up cultural tours ready for the new influx of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...