flydubai Marks Anniversary with Arrival of 16th Aircraft
Dubai's first low-cost airline, flydubai, has celebrated its third anniversary by welcoming its 16th aircraft, a Boeing 737-800NG, which will be used to provide Dubai holidays for tourists travelling from the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
The arrival of a new Boeing 737-800NG marked the third anniversary of Dubai’s first low-cost airline, flydubai, as it joined the airline’s fleet of aircraft which provides Dubai holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The new aircraft is the 16th addition to flydubai’s fleet and the seventh aircraft to be fitted with Boeing’s new Sky Interior and Lumexis’ Fibre-To-The-Screen in-flight entertainment system.
Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith, welcomed the arrival of the new aircraft and said: “We started out with one aircraft, a couple of destinations and the determination to be unique as well as accessible. Less than two years after operations began, we have a fleet of 16 aircraft, a growing network that spans destinations across the GCC, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Africa, Russia and the former CIS, and have served hundreds of thousands of travellers.
“The numbers alone speak volumes about flydubai’s rising prominence as an airline that provides quality, comfort, convenience and value for money.”
The low-cost airline offers flights for holidays in Dubai from a number of destinations across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the outskirts of Europe, and connections to 33 destinations such as Luxor in Egypt, Kathmandu in Nepal, Beirut in Lebanon, Lucknow in India, and Baku in Azerbaijan.
Travellers will be able to enjoy affordable flydubai flights for their holidays to Dubai, leaving plenty more spending money for shopping, gourmet dining, sight-seeing, or luxury Dubai hotels.
The airline is reportedly the fastest growing start-up airline in the world and has some of the youngest aircraft available in the market today. All airfares are charged as one-way routes, inclusive of taxes, and include one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg plus a small laptop bag or handbag. Tourists heading to their Dubai holidays can purchase extras including checked baggage up to 20kg starting from AED50 and extra legroom for AED100.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...