flydubai Marks Anniversary with Arrival of 16th Aircraft
Dubai's first low-cost airline, flydubai, has celebrated its third anniversary by welcoming its 16th aircraft, a Boeing 737-800NG, which will be used to provide Dubai holidays for tourists travelling from the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
The arrival of a new Boeing 737-800NG marked the third anniversary of Dubai’s first low-cost airline, flydubai, as it joined the airline’s fleet of aircraft which provides Dubai holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The new aircraft is the 16th addition to flydubai’s fleet and the seventh aircraft to be fitted with Boeing’s new Sky Interior and Lumexis’ Fibre-To-The-Screen in-flight entertainment system.
Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith, welcomed the arrival of the new aircraft and said: “We started out with one aircraft, a couple of destinations and the determination to be unique as well as accessible. Less than two years after operations began, we have a fleet of 16 aircraft, a growing network that spans destinations across the GCC, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Africa, Russia and the former CIS, and have served hundreds of thousands of travellers.
“The numbers alone speak volumes about flydubai’s rising prominence as an airline that provides quality, comfort, convenience and value for money.”
The low-cost airline offers flights for holidays in Dubai from a number of destinations across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the outskirts of Europe, and connections to 33 destinations such as Luxor in Egypt, Kathmandu in Nepal, Beirut in Lebanon, Lucknow in India, and Baku in Azerbaijan.
Travellers will be able to enjoy affordable flydubai flights for their holidays to Dubai, leaving plenty more spending money for shopping, gourmet dining, sight-seeing, or luxury Dubai hotels.
The airline is reportedly the fastest growing start-up airline in the world and has some of the youngest aircraft available in the market today. All airfares are charged as one-way routes, inclusive of taxes, and include one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg plus a small laptop bag or handbag. Tourists heading to their Dubai holidays can purchase extras including checked baggage up to 20kg starting from AED50 and extra legroom for AED100.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Regarded as one of Dubai's most luxury hotels, Marina View Apartments is ideally located in the centre of Dubai's...