flydubai Marks Anniversary with Arrival of 16th Aircraft
Dubai's first low-cost airline, flydubai, has celebrated its third anniversary by welcoming its 16th aircraft, a Boeing 737-800NG, which will be used to provide Dubai holidays for tourists travelling from the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
The arrival of a new Boeing 737-800NG marked the third anniversary of Dubai’s first low-cost airline, flydubai, as it joined the airline’s fleet of aircraft which provides Dubai holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The new aircraft is the 16th addition to flydubai’s fleet and the seventh aircraft to be fitted with Boeing’s new Sky Interior and Lumexis’ Fibre-To-The-Screen in-flight entertainment system.
Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith, welcomed the arrival of the new aircraft and said: “We started out with one aircraft, a couple of destinations and the determination to be unique as well as accessible. Less than two years after operations began, we have a fleet of 16 aircraft, a growing network that spans destinations across the GCC, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Africa, Russia and the former CIS, and have served hundreds of thousands of travellers.
“The numbers alone speak volumes about flydubai’s rising prominence as an airline that provides quality, comfort, convenience and value for money.”
The low-cost airline offers flights for holidays in Dubai from a number of destinations across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the outskirts of Europe, and connections to 33 destinations such as Luxor in Egypt, Kathmandu in Nepal, Beirut in Lebanon, Lucknow in India, and Baku in Azerbaijan.
Travellers will be able to enjoy affordable flydubai flights for their holidays to Dubai, leaving plenty more spending money for shopping, gourmet dining, sight-seeing, or luxury Dubai hotels.
The airline is reportedly the fastest growing start-up airline in the world and has some of the youngest aircraft available in the market today. All airfares are charged as one-way routes, inclusive of taxes, and include one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg plus a small laptop bag or handbag. Tourists heading to their Dubai holidays can purchase extras including checked baggage up to 20kg starting from AED50 and extra legroom for AED100.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...