flydubai Marks Anniversary with Arrival of 16th Aircraft
Dubai's first low-cost airline, flydubai, has celebrated its third anniversary by welcoming its 16th aircraft, a Boeing 737-800NG, which will be used to provide Dubai holidays for tourists travelling from the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
The arrival of a new Boeing 737-800NG marked the third anniversary of Dubai’s first low-cost airline, flydubai, as it joined the airline’s fleet of aircraft which provides Dubai holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The new aircraft is the 16th addition to flydubai’s fleet and the seventh aircraft to be fitted with Boeing’s new Sky Interior and Lumexis’ Fibre-To-The-Screen in-flight entertainment system.
Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith, welcomed the arrival of the new aircraft and said: “We started out with one aircraft, a couple of destinations and the determination to be unique as well as accessible. Less than two years after operations began, we have a fleet of 16 aircraft, a growing network that spans destinations across the GCC, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Africa, Russia and the former CIS, and have served hundreds of thousands of travellers.
“The numbers alone speak volumes about flydubai’s rising prominence as an airline that provides quality, comfort, convenience and value for money.”
The low-cost airline offers flights for holidays in Dubai from a number of destinations across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the outskirts of Europe, and connections to 33 destinations such as Luxor in Egypt, Kathmandu in Nepal, Beirut in Lebanon, Lucknow in India, and Baku in Azerbaijan.
Travellers will be able to enjoy affordable flydubai flights for their holidays to Dubai, leaving plenty more spending money for shopping, gourmet dining, sight-seeing, or luxury Dubai hotels.
The airline is reportedly the fastest growing start-up airline in the world and has some of the youngest aircraft available in the market today. All airfares are charged as one-way routes, inclusive of taxes, and include one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg plus a small laptop bag or handbag. Tourists heading to their Dubai holidays can purchase extras including checked baggage up to 20kg starting from AED50 and extra legroom for AED100.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai , the only hotel with a restaurant with 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...