Occupancy Levels of Abu Dhabi Hotels on the Rise
The number of tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays is on the rise as new figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) show that the city's hotels and apartments were occupied by 175,309 guests during February, 2011.
This year Abu Dhabi hotels are seeing a significant rise in occupancy levels according to new figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA).
The United Emirates capital city was recently named the World’s Leading Tourist Board and received 175,309 guests taking Abu Dhabi holidays at the emirate’s top class hotels and hotel apartments this February, This number showed a rise of 17 per cent in comparison to February 2010.
Travellers from the United Kingdom taking holidays in Abu Dhabi remained as the leading source market with 12,832 overnight stays during February, 2011; signalling a 29 per cent increase on 2010 figures.
During February, occupancy levels of Abu Dhabi hotels increased to 77 per cent (a 16 per cent increase on last year); total guest nights increased 29 per cent to a total of 524,594; and the length of stay increased by 10 per cent.
Russia entered Abu Dhabi’s top 20 source market for the first time with an 88 per cent increase in travellers from this giant country going on Abu Dhabi holidays.
Strategy & Policy Director of Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, Lawrence Franklin, said: “These February figures put us on an early track towards achieving our 2011 target, and we can celebrate having achieved double-digit growth for the first two months of 2011 compared to the same period last year.
“The year-on-year February increase has primarily been driven by major events held in the emirate, including the IDEX international defence show, the Al Ain Aerobatic Show and Gourmet Abu Dhabi.”
“There is also some evidence of demand changing because of regional issues, with hotel guests from Saudi Arabia rising by 90% and a tailing-off in hotel guests from Qatar and Oman.”
He added: “Towards the end of this year, Abu Dhabi will have more beachfront accommodation, with the planned September opening of the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas and Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, and then the November launch of The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...