Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival in April
Travellers planning Cuba holidays this April will be in for a culinary treat as the island hosts the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach with participants from Jamaica, Argentina, and the U.S.
Cuba is set to host the 3rd International Gourmet Festival this April in Varadero, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists enjoying holidays in Cuba. The festival will be taking place between 6th and 8th April at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach; a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays situated 87 miles east of the island’s capital city, Havana.
The event is being organised by Rene Garcia, Raudel Garcia and Yubelsi Perez, who announced in a recent press conference at the Havana Golf Club that 200 people from Argentina, South Africa, Jamaica and the United States would be attending the festival.
New products from several different countries will be featured at the annual festival and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The International Gourmet Festival will be jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) and the entrepreneurial group, Palmares; in a bid to boost the island’s luxury tourism offer, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero is a resort town located in the province of Mantanzas on the northern coast of the Caribbean island. The area boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists taking holidays to Cuba. The town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star hotels and gourmet restaurants and tourists can enjoy a range of activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
Cuba looks set to see an increase in American travellers booking Cuba holidays this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. This change to the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo followed last year’s decision to allow unlimited travel for Cuban-American residents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...