Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival in April
Travellers planning Cuba holidays this April will be in for a culinary treat as the island hosts the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach with participants from Jamaica, Argentina, and the U.S.
Cuba is set to host the 3rd International Gourmet Festival this April in Varadero, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists enjoying holidays in Cuba. The festival will be taking place between 6th and 8th April at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach; a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays situated 87 miles east of the island’s capital city, Havana.
The event is being organised by Rene Garcia, Raudel Garcia and Yubelsi Perez, who announced in a recent press conference at the Havana Golf Club that 200 people from Argentina, South Africa, Jamaica and the United States would be attending the festival.
New products from several different countries will be featured at the annual festival and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The International Gourmet Festival will be jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) and the entrepreneurial group, Palmares; in a bid to boost the island’s luxury tourism offer, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero is a resort town located in the province of Mantanzas on the northern coast of the Caribbean island. The area boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists taking holidays to Cuba. The town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star hotels and gourmet restaurants and tourists can enjoy a range of activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
Cuba looks set to see an increase in American travellers booking Cuba holidays this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. This change to the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo followed last year’s decision to allow unlimited travel for Cuban-American residents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...