Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival in April
Travellers planning Cuba holidays this April will be in for a culinary treat as the island hosts the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach with participants from Jamaica, Argentina, and the U.S.
Cuba is set to host the 3rd International Gourmet Festival this April in Varadero, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists enjoying holidays in Cuba. The festival will be taking place between 6th and 8th April at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach; a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays situated 87 miles east of the island’s capital city, Havana.
The event is being organised by Rene Garcia, Raudel Garcia and Yubelsi Perez, who announced in a recent press conference at the Havana Golf Club that 200 people from Argentina, South Africa, Jamaica and the United States would be attending the festival.
New products from several different countries will be featured at the annual festival and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The International Gourmet Festival will be jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) and the entrepreneurial group, Palmares; in a bid to boost the island’s luxury tourism offer, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero is a resort town located in the province of Mantanzas on the northern coast of the Caribbean island. The area boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists taking holidays to Cuba. The town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star hotels and gourmet restaurants and tourists can enjoy a range of activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
Cuba looks set to see an increase in American travellers booking Cuba holidays this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. This change to the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo followed last year’s decision to allow unlimited travel for Cuban-American residents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
The ultimate beach holiday experience awaits you at Los Cactus, a Caribbean paradise for golf-lovers and scuba...