Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival in April
Travellers planning Cuba holidays this April will be in for a culinary treat as the island hosts the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach with participants from Jamaica, Argentina, and the U.S.
Cuba is set to host the 3rd International Gourmet Festival this April in Varadero, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists enjoying holidays in Cuba. The festival will be taking place between 6th and 8th April at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach; a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays situated 87 miles east of the island’s capital city, Havana.
The event is being organised by Rene Garcia, Raudel Garcia and Yubelsi Perez, who announced in a recent press conference at the Havana Golf Club that 200 people from Argentina, South Africa, Jamaica and the United States would be attending the festival.
New products from several different countries will be featured at the annual festival and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The International Gourmet Festival will be jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) and the entrepreneurial group, Palmares; in a bid to boost the island’s luxury tourism offer, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero is a resort town located in the province of Mantanzas on the northern coast of the Caribbean island. The area boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists taking holidays to Cuba. The town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star hotels and gourmet restaurants and tourists can enjoy a range of activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
Cuba looks set to see an increase in American travellers booking Cuba holidays this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. This change to the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo followed last year’s decision to allow unlimited travel for Cuban-American residents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...