The Tallest Man on Earth Enjoys Cuba Holidays
The tallest man in the world, Sultan Kosen, was enjoying his Cuba holidays last week at the renowned Hotel Nacional, where upon his arrival two beds had to be pushed together top to bottom so that the 28-year-old could sleep comfortably.
Hotel Nacional hosted the tallest man in the world last week as he enjoyed his week-long Cuba holidays.
The 28-year-old from Turkey, Sultan Kosen, stayed at one of the most famous Cuba hotels, where staff had to put two beds together so that he could enjoy a comfortable stay.
Kosen is 2.47 metres tall (8’1”) with hands spanning 27.5 cm and feet measuring 36.5 cm (also the longest in the world) and currently he holds the title of the world’s tallest man as registered in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Kosen arrived on his Cuba holidays last week and was accompanied by a group of youngsters as part of a trip organised by the solidarity organisation, Cuba Amore Foundation.
The purpose of the trip was for the group to learn more about Cuba travel, the island’s culture, its reality, people and music.
During his holidays to Cuba, Kosen visited the Cesareo Fernandez School in Havana on Monday 14th March, 2011 where he met with local Cuban children who marvelled at his height and long limbs.
One of the first difficulties he incurred when he first arrived for his holidays in Cuba was having to bend several times to enter the Hotel Nacional in Havana.
Kosen’s rate of growth surged when he was just 10 years old due to a tumour which caused too much growth hormone to be released from his pituitary gland. The tumour was removed successfully and the growth spurt reportedly came to a halt in 2008.
Kosen’s visit to the Caribbean island comes shortly after President Obama’s administration relaxed restrictions on the U.S-Cuba travel embargo which allows American travellers to take Cuba holidays for religious, academic, cultural and educational reasons for the first time in decades.
Last year, Obama eased restrictions on travel for Cuban-American travellers who return to the island to visit family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...