The Tallest Man on Earth Enjoys Cuba Holidays
The tallest man in the world, Sultan Kosen, was enjoying his Cuba holidays last week at the renowned Hotel Nacional, where upon his arrival two beds had to be pushed together top to bottom so that the 28-year-old could sleep comfortably.
Hotel Nacional hosted the tallest man in the world last week as he enjoyed his week-long Cuba holidays.
The 28-year-old from Turkey, Sultan Kosen, stayed at one of the most famous Cuba hotels, where staff had to put two beds together so that he could enjoy a comfortable stay.
Kosen is 2.47 metres tall (8’1”) with hands spanning 27.5 cm and feet measuring 36.5 cm (also the longest in the world) and currently he holds the title of the world’s tallest man as registered in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Kosen arrived on his Cuba holidays last week and was accompanied by a group of youngsters as part of a trip organised by the solidarity organisation, Cuba Amore Foundation.
The purpose of the trip was for the group to learn more about Cuba travel, the island’s culture, its reality, people and music.
During his holidays to Cuba, Kosen visited the Cesareo Fernandez School in Havana on Monday 14th March, 2011 where he met with local Cuban children who marvelled at his height and long limbs.
One of the first difficulties he incurred when he first arrived for his holidays in Cuba was having to bend several times to enter the Hotel Nacional in Havana.
Kosen’s rate of growth surged when he was just 10 years old due to a tumour which caused too much growth hormone to be released from his pituitary gland. The tumour was removed successfully and the growth spurt reportedly came to a halt in 2008.
Kosen’s visit to the Caribbean island comes shortly after President Obama’s administration relaxed restrictions on the U.S-Cuba travel embargo which allows American travellers to take Cuba holidays for religious, academic, cultural and educational reasons for the first time in decades.
Last year, Obama eased restrictions on travel for Cuban-American travellers who return to the island to visit family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...