The Tallest Man on Earth Enjoys Cuba Holidays
The tallest man in the world, Sultan Kosen, was enjoying his Cuba holidays last week at the renowned Hotel Nacional, where upon his arrival two beds had to be pushed together top to bottom so that the 28-year-old could sleep comfortably.
Hotel Nacional hosted the tallest man in the world last week as he enjoyed his week-long Cuba holidays.
The 28-year-old from Turkey, Sultan Kosen, stayed at one of the most famous Cuba hotels, where staff had to put two beds together so that he could enjoy a comfortable stay.
Kosen is 2.47 metres tall (8’1”) with hands spanning 27.5 cm and feet measuring 36.5 cm (also the longest in the world) and currently he holds the title of the world’s tallest man as registered in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Kosen arrived on his Cuba holidays last week and was accompanied by a group of youngsters as part of a trip organised by the solidarity organisation, Cuba Amore Foundation.
The purpose of the trip was for the group to learn more about Cuba travel, the island’s culture, its reality, people and music.
During his holidays to Cuba, Kosen visited the Cesareo Fernandez School in Havana on Monday 14th March, 2011 where he met with local Cuban children who marvelled at his height and long limbs.
One of the first difficulties he incurred when he first arrived for his holidays in Cuba was having to bend several times to enter the Hotel Nacional in Havana.
Kosen’s rate of growth surged when he was just 10 years old due to a tumour which caused too much growth hormone to be released from his pituitary gland. The tumour was removed successfully and the growth spurt reportedly came to a halt in 2008.
Kosen’s visit to the Caribbean island comes shortly after President Obama’s administration relaxed restrictions on the U.S-Cuba travel embargo which allows American travellers to take Cuba holidays for religious, academic, cultural and educational reasons for the first time in decades.
Last year, Obama eased restrictions on travel for Cuban-American travellers who return to the island to visit family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...