Mauritius Official Partner of New World Island Awards
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has become the official partner of the World Island Awards, a new event which is dedicated to promoting luxury Mauritius holidays and the tourism sector to other island nations across the world.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has signed a deal making them the official partner of a brand new event which will take place in 2012 to promote Mauritius holidays and luxury tourism to other island nations.
The first World Island Awards events will be taking place on the eve of ITB in Berlin in 2012 and will take place at the five-star exclusive Hotel Adlon Kempinski.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority was chosen as the official partner of the event after the Indian Ocean island was named as one of the coolest destination for 2011 by British Airways and Futurebrand, and voted the “World’s Leading Island Destination” at the World Travel Awards 2010.
The two-year agreement was signed at this year’s ITB event during where the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority showcased holidays in Mauritius, luxury Mauritius hotels and beach resorts, and tourist attractions and sites in the region. The tropical island is famous for its pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches, sparkling blue warm ocean waters, and array of luxury spas which allow travellers to experience upscale holidays to Mauritius.
The new partnership will allow Mauritius to drive forward the promotion of Island Tourism on a global scale while showcasing luxury tourism at the same time.
The beautiful island’s thriving tourism sector is under the leadership of the Minister of Tourism, HE Nandcoomar Bodha, and the Director of Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, Dr Karl Mootoosamy.
Dr Mootoosamy said: “Our new partnership with World Island Awards will serve as an excellent vehicle to promote the core values of Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority – in particular our emphasis on people, the environment and the capacity to ensure customer satisfaction.”
Founder of World Island Awards, Graham Cooke, added: “On behalf of World Island Awards, I am delighted to have the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority as our partner.
“This nation typifies luxury tourism at its finest, and serves a benchmark for how island nations can travel and tourism for social and economic betterment.”
The World Island Awards will reward all areas of tourism throughout island nations across the world and will feature categories such as the “World’s Leading Island Resort” and “Asia’s Leading Island Resort”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy an selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding s swim up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...