Mauritius Official Partner of New World Island Awards
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has become the official partner of the World Island Awards, a new event which is dedicated to promoting luxury Mauritius holidays and the tourism sector to other island nations across the world.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has signed a deal making them the official partner of a brand new event which will take place in 2012 to promote Mauritius holidays and luxury tourism to other island nations.
The first World Island Awards events will be taking place on the eve of ITB in Berlin in 2012 and will take place at the five-star exclusive Hotel Adlon Kempinski.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority was chosen as the official partner of the event after the Indian Ocean island was named as one of the coolest destination for 2011 by British Airways and Futurebrand, and voted the “World’s Leading Island Destination” at the World Travel Awards 2010.
The two-year agreement was signed at this year’s ITB event during where the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority showcased holidays in Mauritius, luxury Mauritius hotels and beach resorts, and tourist attractions and sites in the region. The tropical island is famous for its pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches, sparkling blue warm ocean waters, and array of luxury spas which allow travellers to experience upscale holidays to Mauritius.
The new partnership will allow Mauritius to drive forward the promotion of Island Tourism on a global scale while showcasing luxury tourism at the same time.
The beautiful island’s thriving tourism sector is under the leadership of the Minister of Tourism, HE Nandcoomar Bodha, and the Director of Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, Dr Karl Mootoosamy.
Dr Mootoosamy said: “Our new partnership with World Island Awards will serve as an excellent vehicle to promote the core values of Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority – in particular our emphasis on people, the environment and the capacity to ensure customer satisfaction.”
Founder of World Island Awards, Graham Cooke, added: “On behalf of World Island Awards, I am delighted to have the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority as our partner.
“This nation typifies luxury tourism at its finest, and serves a benchmark for how island nations can travel and tourism for social and economic betterment.”
The World Island Awards will reward all areas of tourism throughout island nations across the world and will feature categories such as the “World’s Leading Island Resort” and “Asia’s Leading Island Resort”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Make the most of the private beach, stunning sea views and a great selection of facilities that help you relieve yourself of the stresses of modern life.
- Revel in complimentary kayaking, glass bottom boating, tennis and more sports
- Enjoy culinary delights that suit all tastes from Mauritian, Asian and International to beach and poolside options
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
An Exotic Escape at the beachfront Ambre Hotel in Belle Mare comes at an affordable price - it's too good to resist...
- Watersports includes Wind-surfing, kayaks,laser sails, glass-bottom boat trips and snorkelling
- Free Golf Included in your Holiday at Le Touessrok
- Excellent kids club with fun programmes for the little one open twelve hours a day
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...