St Lucia Holidays Showcased at New York Times Travel Show
After the record-breaking number of tourist taking St Lucia holidays in 2010, it looks like the figures could be matched or even beaten this year as consumer interest in the Caribbean island grows at the New York Travel Times Travel Show.
With St Lucia holidays becoming a favourite choice for travellers opting for Caribbean holidays and with a record-breaking number of tourist arrivals in 2010 it looks like 2011 could be heading in the same direction.
This year’s New York Travel Times Travel Show showcased some of the top St Lucia hotels and resorts, plus new tourist attractions and special promotions for travellers planning their holidays in St Lucia.
The New York City-based representative of the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, Lorine St Jules, explained how St Lucia’s beauty and charm was one of the hot topics amongst travellers and industry leaders.
"In today's challenging economic environment, the travelling public continues to be focused on the Caribbean," said St Jules.
"The word is spreading that Saint Lucia offers a high quality, value-oriented vacation experience."
The island holds a high ranking as a destination for honeymoons and weddings abroad with its array of beautiful landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
The island boasts several luxurious St Lucia resorts which offer a blend of lavish amenities and Caribbean authenticity, from its architecture and design, to cuisine and hospitality.
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board joined forces with a number of St Lucia hotels to showcase the Caribbean island at this year’s New York Times Travel Show and promote forthcoming events such as the 20th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz Festival, the “Go Bananas” Summer Family promotion and the PASS travel agent specialist system.
The “Go Bananas” Summer Family Holiday Program offers a range of exciting experiences for families enjoying St Lucia holidays. The promotion includes fun events for all ages; free accommodation, food and activities for children; complimentary room upgrades; discounts at selected stores and restaurants; complimentary excursions such as horse riding, whale-watching and heritage tours.
The New York Times Travel Show, held at the Jacob Javits Convention Centre in New York City, is one of the leading travel shows across North America and is attended by representatives of the world’s premier tourism markets including Africa, Australia, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada, the United States, South America, Central America and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...