St Lucia Holidays Showcased at New York Times Travel Show
After the record-breaking number of tourist taking St Lucia holidays in 2010, it looks like the figures could be matched or even beaten this year as consumer interest in the Caribbean island grows at the New York Travel Times Travel Show.
With St Lucia holidays becoming a favourite choice for travellers opting for Caribbean holidays and with a record-breaking number of tourist arrivals in 2010 it looks like 2011 could be heading in the same direction.
This year’s New York Travel Times Travel Show showcased some of the top St Lucia hotels and resorts, plus new tourist attractions and special promotions for travellers planning their holidays in St Lucia.
The New York City-based representative of the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, Lorine St Jules, explained how St Lucia’s beauty and charm was one of the hot topics amongst travellers and industry leaders.
"In today's challenging economic environment, the travelling public continues to be focused on the Caribbean," said St Jules.
"The word is spreading that Saint Lucia offers a high quality, value-oriented vacation experience."
The island holds a high ranking as a destination for honeymoons and weddings abroad with its array of beautiful landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
The island boasts several luxurious St Lucia resorts which offer a blend of lavish amenities and Caribbean authenticity, from its architecture and design, to cuisine and hospitality.
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board joined forces with a number of St Lucia hotels to showcase the Caribbean island at this year’s New York Times Travel Show and promote forthcoming events such as the 20th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz Festival, the “Go Bananas” Summer Family promotion and the PASS travel agent specialist system.
The “Go Bananas” Summer Family Holiday Program offers a range of exciting experiences for families enjoying St Lucia holidays. The promotion includes fun events for all ages; free accommodation, food and activities for children; complimentary room upgrades; discounts at selected stores and restaurants; complimentary excursions such as horse riding, whale-watching and heritage tours.
The New York Times Travel Show, held at the Jacob Javits Convention Centre in New York City, is one of the leading travel shows across North America and is attended by representatives of the world’s premier tourism markets including Africa, Australia, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada, the United States, South America, Central America and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...