St Lucia Holidays Showcased at New York Times Travel Show
After the record-breaking number of tourist taking St Lucia holidays in 2010, it looks like the figures could be matched or even beaten this year as consumer interest in the Caribbean island grows at the New York Travel Times Travel Show.
With St Lucia holidays becoming a favourite choice for travellers opting for Caribbean holidays and with a record-breaking number of tourist arrivals in 2010 it looks like 2011 could be heading in the same direction.
This year’s New York Travel Times Travel Show showcased some of the top St Lucia hotels and resorts, plus new tourist attractions and special promotions for travellers planning their holidays in St Lucia.
The New York City-based representative of the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, Lorine St Jules, explained how St Lucia’s beauty and charm was one of the hot topics amongst travellers and industry leaders.
"In today's challenging economic environment, the travelling public continues to be focused on the Caribbean," said St Jules.
"The word is spreading that Saint Lucia offers a high quality, value-oriented vacation experience."
The island holds a high ranking as a destination for honeymoons and weddings abroad with its array of beautiful landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
The island boasts several luxurious St Lucia resorts which offer a blend of lavish amenities and Caribbean authenticity, from its architecture and design, to cuisine and hospitality.
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board joined forces with a number of St Lucia hotels to showcase the Caribbean island at this year’s New York Times Travel Show and promote forthcoming events such as the 20th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz Festival, the “Go Bananas” Summer Family promotion and the PASS travel agent specialist system.
The “Go Bananas” Summer Family Holiday Program offers a range of exciting experiences for families enjoying St Lucia holidays. The promotion includes fun events for all ages; free accommodation, food and activities for children; complimentary room upgrades; discounts at selected stores and restaurants; complimentary excursions such as horse riding, whale-watching and heritage tours.
The New York Times Travel Show, held at the Jacob Javits Convention Centre in New York City, is one of the leading travel shows across North America and is attended by representatives of the world’s premier tourism markets including Africa, Australia, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada, the United States, South America, Central America and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- Enjoy an array of both nature and culture excursions or relax at the Hotel Spa
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...