St Lucia Holidays Showcased at New York Times Travel Show
After the record-breaking number of tourist taking St Lucia holidays in 2010, it looks like the figures could be matched or even beaten this year as consumer interest in the Caribbean island grows at the New York Travel Times Travel Show.
With St Lucia holidays becoming a favourite choice for travellers opting for Caribbean holidays and with a record-breaking number of tourist arrivals in 2010 it looks like 2011 could be heading in the same direction.
This year’s New York Travel Times Travel Show showcased some of the top St Lucia hotels and resorts, plus new tourist attractions and special promotions for travellers planning their holidays in St Lucia.
The New York City-based representative of the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, Lorine St Jules, explained how St Lucia’s beauty and charm was one of the hot topics amongst travellers and industry leaders.
"In today's challenging economic environment, the travelling public continues to be focused on the Caribbean," said St Jules.
"The word is spreading that Saint Lucia offers a high quality, value-oriented vacation experience."
The island holds a high ranking as a destination for honeymoons and weddings abroad with its array of beautiful landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
The island boasts several luxurious St Lucia resorts which offer a blend of lavish amenities and Caribbean authenticity, from its architecture and design, to cuisine and hospitality.
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board joined forces with a number of St Lucia hotels to showcase the Caribbean island at this year’s New York Times Travel Show and promote forthcoming events such as the 20th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz Festival, the “Go Bananas” Summer Family promotion and the PASS travel agent specialist system.
The “Go Bananas” Summer Family Holiday Program offers a range of exciting experiences for families enjoying St Lucia holidays. The promotion includes fun events for all ages; free accommodation, food and activities for children; complimentary room upgrades; discounts at selected stores and restaurants; complimentary excursions such as horse riding, whale-watching and heritage tours.
The New York Times Travel Show, held at the Jacob Javits Convention Centre in New York City, is one of the leading travel shows across North America and is attended by representatives of the world’s premier tourism markets including Africa, Australia, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada, the United States, South America, Central America and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...