Advertising Campaign Promotes Cuba Holidays at Italian Tourism Fair
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its global tour promoting the genuine values of the nation and Cuba travel, it was successfully received at the 31st edition of the International Stock Market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month.
The International Stock market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month showcased Cuba holidays as the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continued its international tour.
The Genuine Cuba campaign promotes the island’s culture, traditions, heritage, history and values through Cuba hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and local cuisine.
The Cuban stand was characterised with Cuban music from Los Trinitarios; cocktails which featured Cuban Havana Club Rum from the famous Bodeguita del Medio restaurant and bar; and a bus was decorated with images of the island’s nature, heritage, history, culture and characteristics.
The Borsa International Tourism Exchange-BIT 2011 event took place at the Fiera Milano, Milan, Italy between 17th and 20th February 2011 and featured more than 5,000 exhibitors from across 130 different countries in the world focusing on Travel and Tourism.
The Cuban campaign was headed by Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, who established contacts with individuals in the travel and tourism sector including Eden Viaggi, Presstours, Igiese, Neos, Veratour, Blue Panorama, Travel Plan, Air Force, Un Altro Sole, Alpitour, Brixia Viagi and Marevero.
During the event, the Cuban representatives received a proposal for a tourist project called “Getting to Know Cuba” using its lighthouses as the focus to promote the cultural product within the Italian market.
BIT 2011, considered the largest Italian tourism fair and one of the most important internationally, included over 5,000 exhibitors from 130 countries and the participation of 150,000 people, 107,000 of them professional tour operators.
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its tour promoting holidays in Cuba, the Caribbean island looks set to receive an increase in travellers from the United States who will book holidays to Cuba in the near future as President Obama’s administrations eases restrictions on Cuba travel for Americans.
From January this year, American travellers are able to take Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...