Advertising Campaign Promotes Cuba Holidays at Italian Tourism Fair
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its global tour promoting the genuine values of the nation and Cuba travel, it was successfully received at the 31st edition of the International Stock Market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month.
The International Stock market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month showcased Cuba holidays as the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continued its international tour.
The Genuine Cuba campaign promotes the island’s culture, traditions, heritage, history and values through Cuba hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and local cuisine.
The Cuban stand was characterised with Cuban music from Los Trinitarios; cocktails which featured Cuban Havana Club Rum from the famous Bodeguita del Medio restaurant and bar; and a bus was decorated with images of the island’s nature, heritage, history, culture and characteristics.
The Borsa International Tourism Exchange-BIT 2011 event took place at the Fiera Milano, Milan, Italy between 17th and 20th February 2011 and featured more than 5,000 exhibitors from across 130 different countries in the world focusing on Travel and Tourism.
The Cuban campaign was headed by Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, who established contacts with individuals in the travel and tourism sector including Eden Viaggi, Presstours, Igiese, Neos, Veratour, Blue Panorama, Travel Plan, Air Force, Un Altro Sole, Alpitour, Brixia Viagi and Marevero.
During the event, the Cuban representatives received a proposal for a tourist project called “Getting to Know Cuba” using its lighthouses as the focus to promote the cultural product within the Italian market.
BIT 2011, considered the largest Italian tourism fair and one of the most important internationally, included over 5,000 exhibitors from 130 countries and the participation of 150,000 people, 107,000 of them professional tour operators.
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its tour promoting holidays in Cuba, the Caribbean island looks set to receive an increase in travellers from the United States who will book holidays to Cuba in the near future as President Obama’s administrations eases restrictions on Cuba travel for Americans.
From January this year, American travellers are able to take Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...