Advertising Campaign Promotes Cuba Holidays at Italian Tourism Fair
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its global tour promoting the genuine values of the nation and Cuba travel, it was successfully received at the 31st edition of the International Stock Market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month.
The International Stock market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month showcased Cuba holidays as the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continued its international tour.
The Genuine Cuba campaign promotes the island’s culture, traditions, heritage, history and values through Cuba hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and local cuisine.
The Cuban stand was characterised with Cuban music from Los Trinitarios; cocktails which featured Cuban Havana Club Rum from the famous Bodeguita del Medio restaurant and bar; and a bus was decorated with images of the island’s nature, heritage, history, culture and characteristics.
The Borsa International Tourism Exchange-BIT 2011 event took place at the Fiera Milano, Milan, Italy between 17th and 20th February 2011 and featured more than 5,000 exhibitors from across 130 different countries in the world focusing on Travel and Tourism.
The Cuban campaign was headed by Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, who established contacts with individuals in the travel and tourism sector including Eden Viaggi, Presstours, Igiese, Neos, Veratour, Blue Panorama, Travel Plan, Air Force, Un Altro Sole, Alpitour, Brixia Viagi and Marevero.
During the event, the Cuban representatives received a proposal for a tourist project called “Getting to Know Cuba” using its lighthouses as the focus to promote the cultural product within the Italian market.
BIT 2011, considered the largest Italian tourism fair and one of the most important internationally, included over 5,000 exhibitors from 130 countries and the participation of 150,000 people, 107,000 of them professional tour operators.
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its tour promoting holidays in Cuba, the Caribbean island looks set to receive an increase in travellers from the United States who will book holidays to Cuba in the near future as President Obama’s administrations eases restrictions on Cuba travel for Americans.
From January this year, American travellers are able to take Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...