Advertising Campaign Promotes Cuba Holidays at Italian Tourism Fair
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its global tour promoting the genuine values of the nation and Cuba travel, it was successfully received at the 31st edition of the International Stock Market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month.
The International Stock market (BIT 2011) in Milan last month showcased Cuba holidays as the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continued its international tour.
The Genuine Cuba campaign promotes the island’s culture, traditions, heritage, history and values through Cuba hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and local cuisine.
The Cuban stand was characterised with Cuban music from Los Trinitarios; cocktails which featured Cuban Havana Club Rum from the famous Bodeguita del Medio restaurant and bar; and a bus was decorated with images of the island’s nature, heritage, history, culture and characteristics.
The Borsa International Tourism Exchange-BIT 2011 event took place at the Fiera Milano, Milan, Italy between 17th and 20th February 2011 and featured more than 5,000 exhibitors from across 130 different countries in the world focusing on Travel and Tourism.
The Cuban campaign was headed by Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, who established contacts with individuals in the travel and tourism sector including Eden Viaggi, Presstours, Igiese, Neos, Veratour, Blue Panorama, Travel Plan, Air Force, Un Altro Sole, Alpitour, Brixia Viagi and Marevero.
During the event, the Cuban representatives received a proposal for a tourist project called “Getting to Know Cuba” using its lighthouses as the focus to promote the cultural product within the Italian market.
BIT 2011, considered the largest Italian tourism fair and one of the most important internationally, included over 5,000 exhibitors from 130 countries and the participation of 150,000 people, 107,000 of them professional tour operators.
As the Genuine Cuba advertising campaign continues its tour promoting holidays in Cuba, the Caribbean island looks set to receive an increase in travellers from the United States who will book holidays to Cuba in the near future as President Obama’s administrations eases restrictions on Cuba travel for Americans.
From January this year, American travellers are able to take Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...