Record-Breaking St Lucia Holidays in 2010
The number of tourists who took St Lucia holidays in 2010 broke the record after the St Lucia Tourist Board reported that despite the volcanic ash cloud disruption and bad weather in the UK, the island received the highest number of visitors its history.
The St Lucia Tourist Board has been celebrating record-breaking numbers on the island after reporting that the number of travellers who enjoyed holidays to St Lucia during 2010 was the highest ever in the island’s history.
Despite the volcanic ash cloud disruption in the UK in April last which forced British Air Space to close all flights, severe snow conditions in the UK and U.S in December, and Hurricane Tomas lashing the island in October 2010, the island received a record number of holidaymakers staying at St Lucia resorts and hotels.
The majority of visitors arrived on the holidays in St Lucia during the first nine months of 2010 and the total number of travellers staying at St Lucia hotels throughout the year reached 305,937; a 10 per cent increase on 2009 and 1 per cent higher than 2006, which was St Lucia’s best year to date.
While the UK market made up 22 per cent of the arrivals, the largest number of tourists who enjoyed St Lucia holidays originated from the United States with 42 per cent visiting the Caribbean island last year.
Louis Lewis, St Lucia Tourism Director, said that the success of 2010 was partly due “to the strategic approach to marketing and promoting the destination,” stating that “the SLTB stood ready to build on these targeted marketing strategies throughout the 2011 calendar year, in order to achieve even greater results.”
The island’s Rodney Bay Marina recorded 35,052 visitor arrivals by yacht in 2010, which was a slight decline of 0.2 per cent compared to 2009, but Marigot Bay received record figures with 10,259 tourists arriving to the island for their holidays in St Lucia.
Saint Lucia is an island country situated in the eastern Caribbean Sea and boasts some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the Caribbean. Home to the famous Pitons (mountains), lush green rolling hills, white sand beaches and tropical rainforests, St Lucia is one of the only islands in the world which has its very own drive-in volcano.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...