Mexico to be Guest of Honour at Cuban International Tourism Fair 2011
With the majority of Cuba holidays taken by Mexico travellers, this year's 31st edition of the International Tourism Fair in Cuba will be honouring Mexico as its guest country, with a special evening dedicated to the neighbouring country.
Mexico will be the guest country at this year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba which is due to be attended by over 300 tour operators from Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The 31st edition of the event will take place from 2nd to 7th May 2011 and will feature an evening dedicated to the neighbouring country with a banquet providing a range of typical Mexican dishes.
The initiative is sponsored by Mexican embassy to Havana, the Mexican Secretariat of Tourism, the MINTUR office in Mexico, the Mexican Council for Tourism Promotion and the governments of the states of Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
The majority of Cuba’s tourism market originates from Mexico with tourists from the nation travelling the short distance to the Caribbean island for their Cuba holidays.
As well as showcasing holidays in Cuba, this year’s tourism fair will be dedicated to multi destinations and the island’s capital city Havana. Havana’s attractions and historic areas of Old Havana, now a World Heritage Site, will also feature at the event.
One of the island nation’s goals is to increase the number of international tourists booking holidays to Cuba after setting a target of two million, 700,000 holidaymakers by the end of 2011.
At the close of 2010, 2.5 million visitors were recorded on the island and staying Cuba hotels and resorts across the nation; a 4.2 per cent increase on the previous year.
Over 296,000 international travellers took Cuba holidays in January this year which was a record breaking figure and 15.9 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
The recent changes to the ongoing U.S-Cuba embargo is expected to increase the number of visitors from America travelling to the island this year as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions earlier this year on Cuba travel for religious, academic, cultural and educational groups.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
The perfect family holiday awaits you at Crown Paradise Club located on the panoramic Cancun beach hotel zone known for...