Mexico to be Guest of Honour at Cuban International Tourism Fair 2011
With the majority of Cuba holidays taken by Mexico travellers, this year's 31st edition of the International Tourism Fair in Cuba will be honouring Mexico as its guest country, with a special evening dedicated to the neighbouring country.
Mexico will be the guest country at this year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba which is due to be attended by over 300 tour operators from Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The 31st edition of the event will take place from 2nd to 7th May 2011 and will feature an evening dedicated to the neighbouring country with a banquet providing a range of typical Mexican dishes.
The initiative is sponsored by Mexican embassy to Havana, the Mexican Secretariat of Tourism, the MINTUR office in Mexico, the Mexican Council for Tourism Promotion and the governments of the states of Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
The majority of Cuba’s tourism market originates from Mexico with tourists from the nation travelling the short distance to the Caribbean island for their Cuba holidays.
As well as showcasing holidays in Cuba, this year’s tourism fair will be dedicated to multi destinations and the island’s capital city Havana. Havana’s attractions and historic areas of Old Havana, now a World Heritage Site, will also feature at the event.
One of the island nation’s goals is to increase the number of international tourists booking holidays to Cuba after setting a target of two million, 700,000 holidaymakers by the end of 2011.
At the close of 2010, 2.5 million visitors were recorded on the island and staying Cuba hotels and resorts across the nation; a 4.2 per cent increase on the previous year.
Over 296,000 international travellers took Cuba holidays in January this year which was a record breaking figure and 15.9 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
The recent changes to the ongoing U.S-Cuba embargo is expected to increase the number of visitors from America travelling to the island this year as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions earlier this year on Cuba travel for religious, academic, cultural and educational groups.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...