Mexico to be Guest of Honour at Cuban International Tourism Fair 2011
With the majority of Cuba holidays taken by Mexico travellers, this year's 31st edition of the International Tourism Fair in Cuba will be honouring Mexico as its guest country, with a special evening dedicated to the neighbouring country.
Mexico will be the guest country at this year’s International Tourism Fair in Cuba which is due to be attended by over 300 tour operators from Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The 31st edition of the event will take place from 2nd to 7th May 2011 and will feature an evening dedicated to the neighbouring country with a banquet providing a range of typical Mexican dishes.
The initiative is sponsored by Mexican embassy to Havana, the Mexican Secretariat of Tourism, the MINTUR office in Mexico, the Mexican Council for Tourism Promotion and the governments of the states of Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
The majority of Cuba’s tourism market originates from Mexico with tourists from the nation travelling the short distance to the Caribbean island for their Cuba holidays.
As well as showcasing holidays in Cuba, this year’s tourism fair will be dedicated to multi destinations and the island’s capital city Havana. Havana’s attractions and historic areas of Old Havana, now a World Heritage Site, will also feature at the event.
One of the island nation’s goals is to increase the number of international tourists booking holidays to Cuba after setting a target of two million, 700,000 holidaymakers by the end of 2011.
At the close of 2010, 2.5 million visitors were recorded on the island and staying Cuba hotels and resorts across the nation; a 4.2 per cent increase on the previous year.
Over 296,000 international travellers took Cuba holidays in January this year which was a record breaking figure and 15.9 per cent increase on the same period in 2010.
The recent changes to the ongoing U.S-Cuba embargo is expected to increase the number of visitors from America travelling to the island this year as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions earlier this year on Cuba travel for religious, academic, cultural and educational groups.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...