Cuba Holidays Showcased in a Tourism Fair in Colombia
Cuba holidays are being promoted in Colombia with an advertising campaign highlighting the Caribbean island's beaches, heritage, rich history, culture and traditions as part of the 30th edition of Vitrina Turistica ANATO 2011.
The 30th edition of Vitrina Turistica (Tourist Showcase) ANATO 2011 is highlighting Cuba holidays and the genuine attributes of the beautiful Caribbean island in Colombia this week.
The advertising campaign, Genuine Cuba, is being presented at this year’s trade show which was created by the Colombian Association for travel Agencies and tourism and takes place in the country’s capital city of Bogota.
The campaign is showcasing Cuba holidays and the island’s main features which include gorgeous beaches, the world’s second longest barrier reef, culture, traditions, heritage and history.
The potentials Cuba has to offer tourists will be highlighted by representatives of the Cubatur travel agency, Havanatur tour operator, Cubana Airlines, and Cubanacan and Gran Caribe hotel chains. These will include diving, weddings, honeymoons, youth tourism, events, and incentive tips which entice travellers to book holidays in Cuba.
Several of Havana’s main attractions will be promoted in ANATO 2011 as Cuba’s capital city is scheduled to host the next edition of FITCUBA 2011, the most important annual meeting for Cuba’s tourism sector, which will be dedicated to Mexico this year.
The authorities exhibiting the Cuban tourist product will promote the island’s hotspots which are popular with international tourists taking holidays to Cuba to the famous Varadero resort and its breathtaking beaches, and cities in the central and eastern regions of the island which have been declared world heritage sites.
The recent changes to Cuba travel under the Obama administration are expected to make the Caribbean island nation more accessible to many American citizens after restrictions were eased earlier this year.
From January this year, American citizens are able to enjoy Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious reasons.
These changes are expected to have a significant impact on the island’s tourism industry and economy after the decades-long travel embargo which was enforced fully in 1962.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...