Cuba Holidays Showcased in a Tourism Fair in Colombia
Cuba holidays are being promoted in Colombia with an advertising campaign highlighting the Caribbean island's beaches, heritage, rich history, culture and traditions as part of the 30th edition of Vitrina Turistica ANATO 2011.
The 30th edition of Vitrina Turistica (Tourist Showcase) ANATO 2011 is highlighting Cuba holidays and the genuine attributes of the beautiful Caribbean island in Colombia this week.
The advertising campaign, Genuine Cuba, is being presented at this year’s trade show which was created by the Colombian Association for travel Agencies and tourism and takes place in the country’s capital city of Bogota.
The campaign is showcasing Cuba holidays and the island’s main features which include gorgeous beaches, the world’s second longest barrier reef, culture, traditions, heritage and history.
The potentials Cuba has to offer tourists will be highlighted by representatives of the Cubatur travel agency, Havanatur tour operator, Cubana Airlines, and Cubanacan and Gran Caribe hotel chains. These will include diving, weddings, honeymoons, youth tourism, events, and incentive tips which entice travellers to book holidays in Cuba.
Several of Havana’s main attractions will be promoted in ANATO 2011 as Cuba’s capital city is scheduled to host the next edition of FITCUBA 2011, the most important annual meeting for Cuba’s tourism sector, which will be dedicated to Mexico this year.
The authorities exhibiting the Cuban tourist product will promote the island’s hotspots which are popular with international tourists taking holidays to Cuba to the famous Varadero resort and its breathtaking beaches, and cities in the central and eastern regions of the island which have been declared world heritage sites.
The recent changes to Cuba travel under the Obama administration are expected to make the Caribbean island nation more accessible to many American citizens after restrictions were eased earlier this year.
From January this year, American citizens are able to enjoy Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious reasons.
These changes are expected to have a significant impact on the island’s tourism industry and economy after the decades-long travel embargo which was enforced fully in 1962.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...