Cuba Holidays Showcased in a Tourism Fair in Colombia
Cuba holidays are being promoted in Colombia with an advertising campaign highlighting the Caribbean island's beaches, heritage, rich history, culture and traditions as part of the 30th edition of Vitrina Turistica ANATO 2011.
The 30th edition of Vitrina Turistica (Tourist Showcase) ANATO 2011 is highlighting Cuba holidays and the genuine attributes of the beautiful Caribbean island in Colombia this week.
The advertising campaign, Genuine Cuba, is being presented at this year’s trade show which was created by the Colombian Association for travel Agencies and tourism and takes place in the country’s capital city of Bogota.
The campaign is showcasing Cuba holidays and the island’s main features which include gorgeous beaches, the world’s second longest barrier reef, culture, traditions, heritage and history.
The potentials Cuba has to offer tourists will be highlighted by representatives of the Cubatur travel agency, Havanatur tour operator, Cubana Airlines, and Cubanacan and Gran Caribe hotel chains. These will include diving, weddings, honeymoons, youth tourism, events, and incentive tips which entice travellers to book holidays in Cuba.
Several of Havana’s main attractions will be promoted in ANATO 2011 as Cuba’s capital city is scheduled to host the next edition of FITCUBA 2011, the most important annual meeting for Cuba’s tourism sector, which will be dedicated to Mexico this year.
The authorities exhibiting the Cuban tourist product will promote the island’s hotspots which are popular with international tourists taking holidays to Cuba to the famous Varadero resort and its breathtaking beaches, and cities in the central and eastern regions of the island which have been declared world heritage sites.
The recent changes to Cuba travel under the Obama administration are expected to make the Caribbean island nation more accessible to many American citizens after restrictions were eased earlier this year.
From January this year, American citizens are able to enjoy Cuba holidays if they are for educational, cultural, academic, or religious reasons.
These changes are expected to have a significant impact on the island’s tourism industry and economy after the decades-long travel embargo which was enforced fully in 1962.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...