Norwegian Cruise Line to Call on St Lucia Holidays
Norwegian Cruise Line will be providing its passengers with St Lucia holidays next season as the Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, announces that the cruise ship will be adding the beautiful Caribbean island to its itinerary.
Holidaymakers onboard the Norwegian Cruise Line will be able to enjoy St Lucia holidays next season as the Caribbean island is added to the cruise company’s 2012/ 2013 itinerary.
Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, announced that the cruise ship will be making regular visits to the tropical island from next season.
"This is incredibly exciting news for our tourism sector. Saint Lucians are thrilled to welcome Norwegian," he explained.
Norwegian Cruise Line tried out the destination in 2009 with limited visits and after the success they decided to add the island to its Southern Caribbean route and offering their passengers holidays in St Lucia.
Chastanet said: "Their commitment to Saint Lucia is no doubt due to our natural beauty, the new attractions and the licensing regime we have introduced, improved facilities for our guests - including those in the town of Anse La Rae - and uncompromising standards of safety and security."
St Lucia has recently welcomed major investment in its tourist attractions which include a brand new zip line in Soufrière. A lavish new world-class spa and wellness centre has been introduced to the town situated in the southern part of the island which will offer a range of luxury relaxing and replenishing treatments and services for visitors enjoying St Lucia holidays.
Michele Paige, President of the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA), commented: "There is no question Saint Lucia is quickly emerging as a preferred travel destination for our member cruise lines."
Norwegian Cruise Line and many other FCCA member lines are working alongside Monroe College in New York to recruit several graduates from its hospitality and marine academy program which is based at the St Lucia campus. The course encourages local residents to learn new skills which are valuable when it comes to working on cruise ships, as well as reduce unemployment on the island.
The employees will have the chance to earn a living whilst being trained by "some of the best business people on the planet", according to Chastanet.
The new itinerary is being welcomed by tourism officials who have been busy promoting the island and St Lucia hotels and resorts after the slow recovery from the recent global financial crisis.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...