Norwegian Cruise Line to Call on St Lucia Holidays
Norwegian Cruise Line will be providing its passengers with St Lucia holidays next season as the Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, announces that the cruise ship will be adding the beautiful Caribbean island to its itinerary.
Holidaymakers onboard the Norwegian Cruise Line will be able to enjoy St Lucia holidays next season as the Caribbean island is added to the cruise company’s 2012/ 2013 itinerary.
Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, announced that the cruise ship will be making regular visits to the tropical island from next season.
"This is incredibly exciting news for our tourism sector. Saint Lucians are thrilled to welcome Norwegian," he explained.
Norwegian Cruise Line tried out the destination in 2009 with limited visits and after the success they decided to add the island to its Southern Caribbean route and offering their passengers holidays in St Lucia.
Chastanet said: "Their commitment to Saint Lucia is no doubt due to our natural beauty, the new attractions and the licensing regime we have introduced, improved facilities for our guests - including those in the town of Anse La Rae - and uncompromising standards of safety and security."
St Lucia has recently welcomed major investment in its tourist attractions which include a brand new zip line in Soufrière. A lavish new world-class spa and wellness centre has been introduced to the town situated in the southern part of the island which will offer a range of luxury relaxing and replenishing treatments and services for visitors enjoying St Lucia holidays.
Michele Paige, President of the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA), commented: "There is no question Saint Lucia is quickly emerging as a preferred travel destination for our member cruise lines."
Norwegian Cruise Line and many other FCCA member lines are working alongside Monroe College in New York to recruit several graduates from its hospitality and marine academy program which is based at the St Lucia campus. The course encourages local residents to learn new skills which are valuable when it comes to working on cruise ships, as well as reduce unemployment on the island.
The employees will have the chance to earn a living whilst being trained by "some of the best business people on the planet", according to Chastanet.
The new itinerary is being welcomed by tourism officials who have been busy promoting the island and St Lucia hotels and resorts after the slow recovery from the recent global financial crisis.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...