British Airways changes timings of Mauritius flights
Travellers will be able to enjoy more time on their Mauritius holidays as British Airways changes the timing of its returning flights from the Indian Ocean island to 12 hours later than the previous scheduled route following feedback from passengers.
After listening to feedback from its customers, British Airways has changed the timing of the return Mauritius flights to better fit the needs of travellers, enabling them to have more time on their Mauritius holidays.
The changes will come into effect on 1st November 2011 with the flight departing from Mauritius 12 hours later than the existing flight.
This will create evening departures for both the inbound and outbound routes and will allow passengers to maximise their Mauritius holidays.
The new timings will coincide with the switch of the British Airways route from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick Airport in order to strengthen the airline's premium leisure services at Gatwick.
The flights to Mauritius will be operated by a Boeing 777 and will provide 275 seats for tourists on and business travellers.
The first flight will depart London Gatwick Airport on Monday 31st October 2011 at 20.30pm and will arrive in Mauritius at 12.25pm local time. The return route will depart the Indian Ocean island at 21.05pm local time and will arrive at London Gatwick on Wednesday 2nd November 2011 at 05.02am.
Additional changed to British Airways routes include the number of Cancun flights increasing from two flights a week to three, and Tampa flights will increase from five to six services a week, from 30th October 2011.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and is one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic Indian Ocean island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic Mauritius holidays, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...