British Airways changes timings of Mauritius flights
Travellers will be able to enjoy more time on their Mauritius holidays as British Airways changes the timing of its returning flights from the Indian Ocean island to 12 hours later than the previous scheduled route following feedback from passengers.
After listening to feedback from its customers, British Airways has changed the timing of the return Mauritius flights to better fit the needs of travellers, enabling them to have more time on their Mauritius holidays.
The changes will come into effect on 1st November 2011 with the flight departing from Mauritius 12 hours later than the existing flight.
This will create evening departures for both the inbound and outbound routes and will allow passengers to maximise their Mauritius holidays.
The new timings will coincide with the switch of the British Airways route from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick Airport in order to strengthen the airline's premium leisure services at Gatwick.
The flights to Mauritius will be operated by a Boeing 777 and will provide 275 seats for tourists on and business travellers.
The first flight will depart London Gatwick Airport on Monday 31st October 2011 at 20.30pm and will arrive in Mauritius at 12.25pm local time. The return route will depart the Indian Ocean island at 21.05pm local time and will arrive at London Gatwick on Wednesday 2nd November 2011 at 05.02am.
Additional changed to British Airways routes include the number of Cancun flights increasing from two flights a week to three, and Tampa flights will increase from five to six services a week, from 30th October 2011.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and is one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic Indian Ocean island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic Mauritius holidays, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...