British Airways changes timings of Mauritius flights
Travellers will be able to enjoy more time on their Mauritius holidays as British Airways changes the timing of its returning flights from the Indian Ocean island to 12 hours later than the previous scheduled route following feedback from passengers.
After listening to feedback from its customers, British Airways has changed the timing of the return Mauritius flights to better fit the needs of travellers, enabling them to have more time on their Mauritius holidays.
The changes will come into effect on 1st November 2011 with the flight departing from Mauritius 12 hours later than the existing flight.
This will create evening departures for both the inbound and outbound routes and will allow passengers to maximise their Mauritius holidays.
The new timings will coincide with the switch of the British Airways route from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick Airport in order to strengthen the airline's premium leisure services at Gatwick.
The flights to Mauritius will be operated by a Boeing 777 and will provide 275 seats for tourists on and business travellers.
The first flight will depart London Gatwick Airport on Monday 31st October 2011 at 20.30pm and will arrive in Mauritius at 12.25pm local time. The return route will depart the Indian Ocean island at 21.05pm local time and will arrive at London Gatwick on Wednesday 2nd November 2011 at 05.02am.
Additional changed to British Airways routes include the number of Cancun flights increasing from two flights a week to three, and Tampa flights will increase from five to six services a week, from 30th October 2011.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and is one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic Indian Ocean island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic Mauritius holidays, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...