British Airways changes timings of Mauritius flights
Travellers will be able to enjoy more time on their Mauritius holidays as British Airways changes the timing of its returning flights from the Indian Ocean island to 12 hours later than the previous scheduled route following feedback from passengers.
After listening to feedback from its customers, British Airways has changed the timing of the return Mauritius flights to better fit the needs of travellers, enabling them to have more time on their Mauritius holidays.
The changes will come into effect on 1st November 2011 with the flight departing from Mauritius 12 hours later than the existing flight.
This will create evening departures for both the inbound and outbound routes and will allow passengers to maximise their Mauritius holidays.
The new timings will coincide with the switch of the British Airways route from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick Airport in order to strengthen the airline's premium leisure services at Gatwick.
The flights to Mauritius will be operated by a Boeing 777 and will provide 275 seats for tourists on and business travellers.
The first flight will depart London Gatwick Airport on Monday 31st October 2011 at 20.30pm and will arrive in Mauritius at 12.25pm local time. The return route will depart the Indian Ocean island at 21.05pm local time and will arrive at London Gatwick on Wednesday 2nd November 2011 at 05.02am.
Additional changed to British Airways routes include the number of Cancun flights increasing from two flights a week to three, and Tampa flights will increase from five to six services a week, from 30th October 2011.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and is one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic Indian Ocean island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic Mauritius holidays, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...