British Airways changes timings of Mauritius flights
Travellers will be able to enjoy more time on their Mauritius holidays as British Airways changes the timing of its returning flights from the Indian Ocean island to 12 hours later than the previous scheduled route following feedback from passengers.
After listening to feedback from its customers, British Airways has changed the timing of the return Mauritius flights to better fit the needs of travellers, enabling them to have more time on their Mauritius holidays.
The changes will come into effect on 1st November 2011 with the flight departing from Mauritius 12 hours later than the existing flight.
This will create evening departures for both the inbound and outbound routes and will allow passengers to maximise their Mauritius holidays.
The new timings will coincide with the switch of the British Airways route from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick Airport in order to strengthen the airline's premium leisure services at Gatwick.
The flights to Mauritius will be operated by a Boeing 777 and will provide 275 seats for tourists on and business travellers.
The first flight will depart London Gatwick Airport on Monday 31st October 2011 at 20.30pm and will arrive in Mauritius at 12.25pm local time. The return route will depart the Indian Ocean island at 21.05pm local time and will arrive at London Gatwick on Wednesday 2nd November 2011 at 05.02am.
Additional changed to British Airways routes include the number of Cancun flights increasing from two flights a week to three, and Tampa flights will increase from five to six services a week, from 30th October 2011.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and is one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic Indian Ocean island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic Mauritius holidays, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...