Final Line Up Announced for St Lucia Jazz Festival 2011
Travellers on St. Lucia holidays this May will be in for a treat as the line-up is announced for the 2011 St. Lucia Jazz Festival, which will include performances from John Legend, Chuck Brown, Yellowjackets and Trey Songz
The St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2011 will be celebrating its 20th anniversary with a line-up of fantastic musicians including John Legend, Chuck Brown and the Yellowjackets.
Travellers enjoying their St Lucia holidays in the first week of May this year will be able to experience some of the world’s most talented artists at venues scattered across the Caribbean island.
The St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2011 will be taking place from 4th to 8th May and will include Main Stage performances, Jazz on the Pier, and Tea Tine Jazz.
Musicians confirmed for performances on Main Stage events at Gaiety on Rodney Bay include Ledisi, Regina Carter, Allison Marquis and Electric pan Jazz, Sixun, Bad Ass Brass, and Augustin “Jab” Duplessis featuring Derede Williams. Pigeon Island will see performances from Trey Songz, Maceo Parker, Yellowjackets, Taj Weekes, John Legend, Chuck Brown, Mike Stern, Richard Bona, Saint Lucia Collective and Anacaona.
Jazz on the Pier is free of charge and will be taking pace on Friday 6th May at the Pointe Seraphine Duty Free Shopping Complex and will feature performances from Luther Francois, Rob Zi Taylor, E’Vion, Kosmi Riddim, Vibe Tribe, TC Brown, Teddyson John, Nicole David, Alpha, Kakal Platinum George, Q-Pid, Superman HD and DJ HP.
Tourists will be treated to some fantastic music during their St. Lucia holidays as the festivals features a blend of traditional jazz, fusion, rhythm and blues, and acoustical jazz in a range of venues from open-air park locations and picnic events, to late nightclub performances.
The talented acts originate from all over the Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, the United States, and Europe and feature elements of reggae, French and Latin rhythms.
The festival is celebrated across the beautiful island and holidaymakers will be able to join in the festivities whilst enjoying luxurious accommodation and facilities at several St Lucia hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....