UK Tourists in Sharm el Sheikh: We Love Egypt
British tourists on Sharm el Sheikh holidays will be joining leaders of the resort's tourism industry at the SOHO Square on Saturday 12th February 2011 to promote the Egyptian Red Sea resort in the "We Love Egypt" campaign.
Sharm el Sheikh tourism industry leaders will be gathering with British tourists on Saturday 12th February at SOHO Square to highlight the Red Sea resort as a destination for Sharm el Sheik holidays as part of the "We Love Egypt" campaign.
The pedestrianised square mile of shops, entertainment centres, and restaurants will be the setting for this event which was created after a group of British visitors approached tour operators and Sharm el Sheikh hotels with the idea.
Spokesman for the organisers, Khaled Saleh, explained: "A group of visitors asked if they could show their appreciation for the hospitality they've received while on holiday and also to show that Sharm El Sheikh is operating normally and lives up to its reputation as The City of Peace."
British travellers on Egypt holidays and leaders in the tourism industry will gather at the square next to Hotel Savoy Sharm at 10pm on the Saturday evening to support the thousands of travellers who are continuing with their Sharm el Sheikh holidays despite the conflict in other parts of Egypt, and the programme will also commemorate the victims of unrest across the country.
The programme of events will include musical tributes, a video presentation highlighting the culture of Egypt, speeches from diplomats and leading hoteliers in the Red Sea resort, and a folklore display.
T-shirts with the logo, "We Love Egypt" will be handed out to visitors with free drinks and food, and prizes which will be donated by Sharm el Sheikh businesses and tour operators. The event's logo will feature both the British and Egyptian national flags.
The event is expected to be attended by the UK's Honorary Consul in Sharm El Sheikh, Ms. Dawn Bacon, and a high representative of the Egypt's government.
The protests and demonstrations are continuing across major cities across Egypt as Egyptians urge President Hosni Mubarak to step down.
Following Mubarak's announcement on Thursday that he will not step down until September, he has left his residence in Cairo and is now reportedly living at his residence in Sharm El Sheikh.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sharm El Sheikh Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Egypt's Red Sea coastline is one of the country's leading tourist destinations, especially among UK holidaymakers as it...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...