Iberostar Hotels & Resorts to open 3 new Cuba hotels
Cuba holidays are to receive a welcome expansion in the number of hotels the island has in main tourist areas such as Havana and exotic beach resorts like the pristine Cayo Coco; all at the hands of Iberostar, now planning to open 3 hotels in 2011.
The Spanish chain Iberostar Hotels & Resorts successfully ended 2010 with a turnover of 881 million Euros, representing 9% increase over the previous year, and on that note of optimism for ongoing success the chain has expansion plans well underway.
Currently, the Spanish hotel chain has a portfolio of 101 hotels, 67,400 beds and over 21,000 employees in the countries where it operates. For 2011 new openings throughout the year include plans to open 7 new hotels, which will reinforce the company's presence in some of the best holiday destinations in the world.
Looking forward to the investment foreseen for 2011, Iberostar will maintain the high standard of services and facilities that made them so popular with guests last year and will spend a further 45 million to keep renewing its portfolio of hotels, whilst maintaining their commitment to quality.
The seven new openings will take place in countries where Iberostar is already present including the chain's home country. In Spain, next spring two 4 stars hotels will open in a new destination: Malaga. Internationally, the chain will also open next spring a hotel in Crete (Greece) and three new hotels in Cuba throughout the year, an urban resort 5 Stars hotel located in the centre of Havana and two new 4 Stars resorts of in Cayo Coco, thus diversifying their Cuba holidays portfolio.
In addition to this, Iberostar Hotels & Resorts will continue its expansion during 2011 with new urban and resort holiday projects in those markets where it is already well-established such as Mexico holidays, where new investments are envisaged in the Pacific coast and in the Cancun hotel area; as well as Cuba holidays with their hotel in Cuba at Playa Ancon, near Trinidad. Also, the hotel chain plans to develop several projects within the urban holiday sector in new destinations such as Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
For IBEROSTATE, the real estate division of Grupo Iberostar, 2011 is a year of consolidation and development. In 2010 they have started to sell residential units in the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Brazil and, this year is expected to continue to build following the rhythm that sets the market in the three destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...