Iberostar Hotels & Resorts to open 3 new Cuba hotels
Cuba holidays are to receive a welcome expansion in the number of hotels the island has in main tourist areas such as Havana and exotic beach resorts like the pristine Cayo Coco; all at the hands of Iberostar, now planning to open 3 hotels in 2011.
The Spanish chain Iberostar Hotels & Resorts successfully ended 2010 with a turnover of 881 million Euros, representing 9% increase over the previous year, and on that note of optimism for ongoing success the chain has expansion plans well underway.
Currently, the Spanish hotel chain has a portfolio of 101 hotels, 67,400 beds and over 21,000 employees in the countries where it operates. For 2011 new openings throughout the year include plans to open 7 new hotels, which will reinforce the company's presence in some of the best holiday destinations in the world.
Looking forward to the investment foreseen for 2011, Iberostar will maintain the high standard of services and facilities that made them so popular with guests last year and will spend a further 45 million to keep renewing its portfolio of hotels, whilst maintaining their commitment to quality.
The seven new openings will take place in countries where Iberostar is already present including the chain's home country. In Spain, next spring two 4 stars hotels will open in a new destination: Malaga. Internationally, the chain will also open next spring a hotel in Crete (Greece) and three new hotels in Cuba throughout the year, an urban resort 5 Stars hotel located in the centre of Havana and two new 4 Stars resorts of in Cayo Coco, thus diversifying their Cuba holidays portfolio.
In addition to this, Iberostar Hotels & Resorts will continue its expansion during 2011 with new urban and resort holiday projects in those markets where it is already well-established such as Mexico holidays, where new investments are envisaged in the Pacific coast and in the Cancun hotel area; as well as Cuba holidays with their hotel in Cuba at Playa Ancon, near Trinidad. Also, the hotel chain plans to develop several projects within the urban holiday sector in new destinations such as Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
For IBEROSTATE, the real estate division of Grupo Iberostar, 2011 is a year of consolidation and development. In 2010 they have started to sell residential units in the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Brazil and, this year is expected to continue to build following the rhythm that sets the market in the three destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...