Iberostar Hotels & Resorts to open 3 new Cuba hotels
Cuba holidays are to receive a welcome expansion in the number of hotels the island has in main tourist areas such as Havana and exotic beach resorts like the pristine Cayo Coco; all at the hands of Iberostar, now planning to open 3 hotels in 2011.
The Spanish chain Iberostar Hotels & Resorts successfully ended 2010 with a turnover of 881 million Euros, representing 9% increase over the previous year, and on that note of optimism for ongoing success the chain has expansion plans well underway.
Currently, the Spanish hotel chain has a portfolio of 101 hotels, 67,400 beds and over 21,000 employees in the countries where it operates. For 2011 new openings throughout the year include plans to open 7 new hotels, which will reinforce the company's presence in some of the best holiday destinations in the world.
Looking forward to the investment foreseen for 2011, Iberostar will maintain the high standard of services and facilities that made them so popular with guests last year and will spend a further 45 million to keep renewing its portfolio of hotels, whilst maintaining their commitment to quality.
The seven new openings will take place in countries where Iberostar is already present including the chain's home country. In Spain, next spring two 4 stars hotels will open in a new destination: Malaga. Internationally, the chain will also open next spring a hotel in Crete (Greece) and three new hotels in Cuba throughout the year, an urban resort 5 Stars hotel located in the centre of Havana and two new 4 Stars resorts of in Cayo Coco, thus diversifying their Cuba holidays portfolio.
In addition to this, Iberostar Hotels & Resorts will continue its expansion during 2011 with new urban and resort holiday projects in those markets where it is already well-established such as Mexico holidays, where new investments are envisaged in the Pacific coast and in the Cancun hotel area; as well as Cuba holidays with their hotel in Cuba at Playa Ancon, near Trinidad. Also, the hotel chain plans to develop several projects within the urban holiday sector in new destinations such as Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
For IBEROSTATE, the real estate division of Grupo Iberostar, 2011 is a year of consolidation and development. In 2010 they have started to sell residential units in the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Brazil and, this year is expected to continue to build following the rhythm that sets the market in the three destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...