Iberostar Hotels & Resorts to open 3 new Cuba hotels
Cuba holidays are to receive a welcome expansion in the number of hotels the island has in main tourist areas such as Havana and exotic beach resorts like the pristine Cayo Coco; all at the hands of Iberostar, now planning to open 3 hotels in 2011.
The Spanish chain Iberostar Hotels & Resorts successfully ended 2010 with a turnover of 881 million Euros, representing 9% increase over the previous year, and on that note of optimism for ongoing success the chain has expansion plans well underway.
Currently, the Spanish hotel chain has a portfolio of 101 hotels, 67,400 beds and over 21,000 employees in the countries where it operates. For 2011 new openings throughout the year include plans to open 7 new hotels, which will reinforce the company's presence in some of the best holiday destinations in the world.
Looking forward to the investment foreseen for 2011, Iberostar will maintain the high standard of services and facilities that made them so popular with guests last year and will spend a further 45 million to keep renewing its portfolio of hotels, whilst maintaining their commitment to quality.
The seven new openings will take place in countries where Iberostar is already present including the chain's home country. In Spain, next spring two 4 stars hotels will open in a new destination: Malaga. Internationally, the chain will also open next spring a hotel in Crete (Greece) and three new hotels in Cuba throughout the year, an urban resort 5 Stars hotel located in the centre of Havana and two new 4 Stars resorts of in Cayo Coco, thus diversifying their Cuba holidays portfolio.
In addition to this, Iberostar Hotels & Resorts will continue its expansion during 2011 with new urban and resort holiday projects in those markets where it is already well-established such as Mexico holidays, where new investments are envisaged in the Pacific coast and in the Cancun hotel area; as well as Cuba holidays with their hotel in Cuba at Playa Ancon, near Trinidad. Also, the hotel chain plans to develop several projects within the urban holiday sector in new destinations such as Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
For IBEROSTATE, the real estate division of Grupo Iberostar, 2011 is a year of consolidation and development. In 2010 they have started to sell residential units in the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Brazil and, this year is expected to continue to build following the rhythm that sets the market in the three destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...