Accor commited to open 18 luxury hotels in the Middle East by 2014
Accor Hotels Middle East has announced that it will be opening 18 new luxury hotels with 4,850 rooms over the next three years in destinations including the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Accor Middle East will be opening 18 new luxury hotels within the next three years as it announces its key hotel accommodation markets in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, stating: "A strong focus will be on two key markets, UAE and KSA, which are seen to drive positive growth for the group's development plans. Eleven of the 18 new hotels will be located in the UAE, two in Bahrain, two in KSA and three in Syria."
Managing Director of Accor Middle East, Christophe Landais, said: "We have experienced sustainable progress in the region's tourism and hospitality industry in 2010. With 2011 upon us, we plan to build a new image of the UAE as an affordable destination. We believe that to attract a more diverse tourist base, we have to offer tourists and business travellers alike a wider choice of hotels to stay in.
"Focusing on our core strength, we plan to expand our internationally branded economy hotel ibis and mid-market hotel brand Novotel in the UAE which will drive tourism flows and redefine the Middle East hospitality industry in the long-term," he added.
Eleven of the eighteen luxury hotels will be situated in the United Arab Emirates, two properties will be in Saudi Arabia, two in Bahrain, and three hotels in Syria.
Adagio, a new hotel brand will be joining the collection of Accor hotels as it launches its debut appearance into the Abu Dhabi hotels market with the Adagio City Aparthotel which is scheduled to open later this year or early 2012.
The Adiago brand will offer urban residences comprising midscale apartments with a la carte services across many major global destinations.
Accor said: "The Adagio concept meets the very real consumer need for city stays: an easily accessible ‘pied à terre', offering home comfort and the chance for guests to enjoy their stay with total freedom and independence."
As tourism in Saudi Arabia booms and tourist arrivals predicted for 2014 are expected to reach 22.7 million, Accor announced that it is planning to open more Middle East hotels in the region.
"With this scenario, Accor Hotels is right on track in expanding its ibis network with the recent signing of a new agreement to operate the first ibis hotel in Riyadh. Currently Accor is managing 10 hotels in the Kingdom," the company explained.
"With the successful launch of Accor's first upscale hotel in the region, Pullman Dubai Mall of the Emirates in September 2010, Accor will sustain the brand's positioning with a second hotel with the 354-room Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lake set to open this year."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...