Accor commited to open 18 luxury hotels in the Middle East by 2014
Accor Hotels Middle East has announced that it will be opening 18 new luxury hotels with 4,850 rooms over the next three years in destinations including the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Accor Middle East will be opening 18 new luxury hotels within the next three years as it announces its key hotel accommodation markets in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, stating: "A strong focus will be on two key markets, UAE and KSA, which are seen to drive positive growth for the group's development plans. Eleven of the 18 new hotels will be located in the UAE, two in Bahrain, two in KSA and three in Syria."
Managing Director of Accor Middle East, Christophe Landais, said: "We have experienced sustainable progress in the region's tourism and hospitality industry in 2010. With 2011 upon us, we plan to build a new image of the UAE as an affordable destination. We believe that to attract a more diverse tourist base, we have to offer tourists and business travellers alike a wider choice of hotels to stay in.
"Focusing on our core strength, we plan to expand our internationally branded economy hotel ibis and mid-market hotel brand Novotel in the UAE which will drive tourism flows and redefine the Middle East hospitality industry in the long-term," he added.
Eleven of the eighteen luxury hotels will be situated in the United Arab Emirates, two properties will be in Saudi Arabia, two in Bahrain, and three hotels in Syria.
Adagio, a new hotel brand will be joining the collection of Accor hotels as it launches its debut appearance into the Abu Dhabi hotels market with the Adagio City Aparthotel which is scheduled to open later this year or early 2012.
The Adiago brand will offer urban residences comprising midscale apartments with a la carte services across many major global destinations.
Accor said: "The Adagio concept meets the very real consumer need for city stays: an easily accessible ‘pied à terre', offering home comfort and the chance for guests to enjoy their stay with total freedom and independence."
As tourism in Saudi Arabia booms and tourist arrivals predicted for 2014 are expected to reach 22.7 million, Accor announced that it is planning to open more Middle East hotels in the region.
"With this scenario, Accor Hotels is right on track in expanding its ibis network with the recent signing of a new agreement to operate the first ibis hotel in Riyadh. Currently Accor is managing 10 hotels in the Kingdom," the company explained.
"With the successful launch of Accor's first upscale hotel in the region, Pullman Dubai Mall of the Emirates in September 2010, Accor will sustain the brand's positioning with a second hotel with the 354-room Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lake set to open this year."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...