Accor commited to open 18 luxury hotels in the Middle East by 2014
Accor Hotels Middle East has announced that it will be opening 18 new luxury hotels with 4,850 rooms over the next three years in destinations including the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Accor Middle East will be opening 18 new luxury hotels within the next three years as it announces its key hotel accommodation markets in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, stating: "A strong focus will be on two key markets, UAE and KSA, which are seen to drive positive growth for the group's development plans. Eleven of the 18 new hotels will be located in the UAE, two in Bahrain, two in KSA and three in Syria."
Managing Director of Accor Middle East, Christophe Landais, said: "We have experienced sustainable progress in the region's tourism and hospitality industry in 2010. With 2011 upon us, we plan to build a new image of the UAE as an affordable destination. We believe that to attract a more diverse tourist base, we have to offer tourists and business travellers alike a wider choice of hotels to stay in.
"Focusing on our core strength, we plan to expand our internationally branded economy hotel ibis and mid-market hotel brand Novotel in the UAE which will drive tourism flows and redefine the Middle East hospitality industry in the long-term," he added.
Eleven of the eighteen luxury hotels will be situated in the United Arab Emirates, two properties will be in Saudi Arabia, two in Bahrain, and three hotels in Syria.
Adagio, a new hotel brand will be joining the collection of Accor hotels as it launches its debut appearance into the Abu Dhabi hotels market with the Adagio City Aparthotel which is scheduled to open later this year or early 2012.
The Adiago brand will offer urban residences comprising midscale apartments with a la carte services across many major global destinations.
Accor said: "The Adagio concept meets the very real consumer need for city stays: an easily accessible ‘pied à terre', offering home comfort and the chance for guests to enjoy their stay with total freedom and independence."
As tourism in Saudi Arabia booms and tourist arrivals predicted for 2014 are expected to reach 22.7 million, Accor announced that it is planning to open more Middle East hotels in the region.
"With this scenario, Accor Hotels is right on track in expanding its ibis network with the recent signing of a new agreement to operate the first ibis hotel in Riyadh. Currently Accor is managing 10 hotels in the Kingdom," the company explained.
"With the successful launch of Accor's first upscale hotel in the region, Pullman Dubai Mall of the Emirates in September 2010, Accor will sustain the brand's positioning with a second hotel with the 354-room Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lake set to open this year."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...