Accor commited to open 18 luxury hotels in the Middle East by 2014
Accor Hotels Middle East has announced that it will be opening 18 new luxury hotels with 4,850 rooms over the next three years in destinations including the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Accor Middle East will be opening 18 new luxury hotels within the next three years as it announces its key hotel accommodation markets in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, stating: "A strong focus will be on two key markets, UAE and KSA, which are seen to drive positive growth for the group's development plans. Eleven of the 18 new hotels will be located in the UAE, two in Bahrain, two in KSA and three in Syria."
Managing Director of Accor Middle East, Christophe Landais, said: "We have experienced sustainable progress in the region's tourism and hospitality industry in 2010. With 2011 upon us, we plan to build a new image of the UAE as an affordable destination. We believe that to attract a more diverse tourist base, we have to offer tourists and business travellers alike a wider choice of hotels to stay in.
"Focusing on our core strength, we plan to expand our internationally branded economy hotel ibis and mid-market hotel brand Novotel in the UAE which will drive tourism flows and redefine the Middle East hospitality industry in the long-term," he added.
Eleven of the eighteen luxury hotels will be situated in the United Arab Emirates, two properties will be in Saudi Arabia, two in Bahrain, and three hotels in Syria.
Adagio, a new hotel brand will be joining the collection of Accor hotels as it launches its debut appearance into the Abu Dhabi hotels market with the Adagio City Aparthotel which is scheduled to open later this year or early 2012.
The Adiago brand will offer urban residences comprising midscale apartments with a la carte services across many major global destinations.
Accor said: "The Adagio concept meets the very real consumer need for city stays: an easily accessible ‘pied à terre', offering home comfort and the chance for guests to enjoy their stay with total freedom and independence."
As tourism in Saudi Arabia booms and tourist arrivals predicted for 2014 are expected to reach 22.7 million, Accor announced that it is planning to open more Middle East hotels in the region.
"With this scenario, Accor Hotels is right on track in expanding its ibis network with the recent signing of a new agreement to operate the first ibis hotel in Riyadh. Currently Accor is managing 10 hotels in the Kingdom," the company explained.
"With the successful launch of Accor's first upscale hotel in the region, Pullman Dubai Mall of the Emirates in September 2010, Accor will sustain the brand's positioning with a second hotel with the 354-room Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lake set to open this year."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...