Great summer Barbados holidays for families as Barbados Sports Camp 2011 opens
The Barbados Tourism Authority has recently confirmed the dates for this year's Barbados Sports Camp season, which will run from 2nd to 26th August, bringing joy to many young aspiring athletes lucky enough to be on Barbados holidays this summer.
For the delight of families travelling with children and planning to embark on a summer Barbados holiday this year, the Barbados Tourism Authority was pleased to announced the official opening of its Barbados Sports Camp 2011 for this year's summer holiday season.
For this year's event, the Barbados Sports Camp authority expressed their joy at welcoming back some familiar coaching faces such as Alex Astle, Kendra Slawinski, Amanda Newton and Fiona Murtagh for Netball; Gladstone Small and Dean Headley for Cricket, Mark Bright, Luther Blissett and John Salako for Football.
Bringing a once-in lifetime opportunity for children to receive professional sports coaching from star athletes we can only highly recommend all travellers planning Barbados holidays this year to consider enrolling their kids for that period. Barbados Sports Camp are currently updating the site with all the relevant information and pictures from last year and for those who want to find out more details about this year's activities, the Barbados Sports Camp website is continually being updated.
This year’s Camp will be hosted at the University of the West Indies, August 2-26, from 10am-2pm, Monday to Friday (excluding the first week) and will be open to children ages 9-17, with the usual assistance from the National Sports Council.
Coaching dates for football run from 2nd - 5th August (coached by Mark Bright), 8th-12th August (with lessons by John Salako) and from 22nd - 26th August (coached by Luther Blissett). Cricket dates are as follows: from the 2nd - 5th August, with coach Gladstone Small and from 8th - 12th August with lessons from Dean Headley. Lastly Netball lessons will be coached by Amanda Newton from 2nd - 5th August, by Alex Astle from 8th - 12th August, by Kendra Slawinski between the 15th - 19th August and by Fiona Murtagh from 22nd - 26th August.
Parents enjoying holidays in Barbados during this time will be able to book up to 4 children between the ages of 9 - 17, for any lessons from the first day throughout the entire duration of 2011's Sports Camp. Places can be booked through us, at The Holiday Place or by directly contacting the Barbados Sports Camp authority.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- July Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...