Former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page enjoys Cuba holidays in Havana
Former guitarist of the famous rock band Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page, has been enjoying his Cuba holidays at old Havana's Hotel Saratoga, visiting the local historical sites and collecting authentic souvenirs along the way.
The former guitarist of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page, recently enjoyed Cuba holidays much to the delight of local Cuban musicians who were keen to meet the legendary rocker.
The 67-year-old British musician stayed in a luxury five-star hotel in Havana, Hotel Saratoga, and took tours of historical sites, collecting authentic mementos and souvenirs of his trip and along the way which included a photo of Che Guevara taken by Alberto Korda, and music albums of local musicians.
During his Cuba holidays many local Cubans were keen to meet the rock star and last Sunday, Cuba's well known radio host and vocalist, Juan Camacho, and the local band, Tesis de Menta, were fortunate enough to talk to Mr. Page for over 20 minutes about his career.
Mr. Page showed an interest in the work of the theatre Maxim Rock, headquarters of the Cuban Rock Agency and the influence his band had on local Cuban music. He also talked about his friendship with Jeff Beck, the British guitarist from the band, The Yardbirds in the 1960s.
In 1968 Page founded Led Zeppelin with Plant, the late John Bonham, and the bassist John Paul Jones. In 1980 the band members went their separate ways and have since only reunited on special occasions.
Led Zeppelin fans are keen to see the band get back together, but despite rumours that the band may reform, for now there are no plans of a reunion in the pipeline.
Cuba's tourism is set to improve as U.S President Obama recently eased restrictions on travel to Cuba by allowing cultural, religious and educational groups to visit the Caribbean country.
The ongoing U.S-Cuba travel and trade embargo has been in place for over 50 years banning travellers from the United States to freely take holidays in Cuba. Last year, restrictions were lifted allowing Cuban-Americans to travel to the communist country to visit family members.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Saratoga Browse all
The hotel combines exquisite fittings of floor-to-ceiling French windows and mahogany features, with the latest technology to ensure outstanding comfort and service
- Get fantastic city views from the roof top swimming pool and restaurant which are reputed to be the best rooftop pool and restaurant in the city
- Enjoy exclusive benefits for couples when staying for a minimum of 2 nights
- Hotel Saratoga was listed on the Conde Nast 'Gold List 2008' for its ambience and design
Enjoy a memorable stay at Saratoga and Iberostar Ensenachos
- Benefit from the first class facilities at Iberostar Ensenachos including a water sport centre, health club and theatre
- Relax and enjoy the roof top swimming pool and restaurant with spectacular city views
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and spoil yourself with all spa treatments the resorts are offering
Luxury and romance are served with this 5-star Cuban getaway, including a boutique retreat that's been listed in Conde Nast's Gold List for The Americas.
- Adults-only resort on a fabulous secluded beach in Cayo Santa Maria
- Soak up the sun from the rooftop pool with fantastic city views of Havana at the Saratoga
- Enjoy the Sensational Spa treatments and facilities at Melia Buenavista
Wander the magical streets of Old Havana, marvel at the architecture, then splash in the azure waters of a tropical island paradise, Cayo Santa Maria
- Discover both Cuba’s historical capital, Havana, but also the stunning white beaches of Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy modern facilities and design at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy colonial grandeur and Cuban art at Havana's Saratoga hotel.
One of our most luxurious combinations, giving you different ways to enjoy Cuba and get a true flavour of this...
Here we present you with two of Cuba's most romantic hotels. Located on one of the busiest streets in the Cuban capital,...
Soak up the charms of Havana as well as the exquisiteness of Cayo Santa Maria beach on a remarkable twin centre holiday...
Take this chance to tour the length and breadth of Cuba's historical capital while living in the lap of luxury. As a...
Soak up the charms of Havana as well as the exquisiteness of Varadero beach on a remarkable twin centre holiday to...
Combine a stay in Varadero, with a stay in Havana, for the Cuban adventure of a lifetime. Start your holiday in...