Cuba sets target to reach nearly three million holidaymakers in 2011
The Commercial Manager of the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Jose Manuel Bisbe, has announced that after receiving a good number of tourists on Cuba holidays in 2010, visitor arrivals are expected to reach nearly three million in 2011.
The number of travellers taking Cuba holidays in 2011 is expected to reach three million, according to the Commercial Manager of the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Jose Manuel Bisbe.
After receiving 2,530,000 foreign visitors in 2010 despite the global economic problems, the Caribbean island is expecting an eight percent growth in tourists in 2011 which could see three million visitors arriving in Cuba by the close of year.
New Cuba hotels are under development in Cayo Santa Maria in the central province of Villa Clara and many tourists facilities are being restored in the capital city, Havana, Caya Coco and Holguin.
Visitor attractions are also being restored and renovated including world heritage sites such as Remedios, Old Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad, Camaguey, Baracoa, and Ciego de Avila.
The Cuban government is looking to improve the quality of services and providing new programs which are available to Spanish residents in Cuba.
The recent increase in cruise ships bringing travellers on their Cuba holidays whilst touring the Caribbean is also expected to contribute towards an increase in visitor numbers. These include the Gemini Ship which belongs to the Spanish Group Quail Travel and Tropicana Cruises Ltd onboard the cruise ship, Adriana.
United Sated President Barrack Obama has recently eased restriction on travel to Cuba for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. The ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo has been in place for decades and bans U.S travellers from taking Cuba holidays. Last year, President Obama lifted the ban on Cuban-Americans visiting the island to see their family members, and now schools and cultural or religious groups will be able to visit Cuba.
Though U.S travellers are still unable to freely travel to Cuba, the ease in restrictions is expected to have a positive impact on Cuba's tourism and will help visitors understand the island's traditions and culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...