Cuba sets target to reach nearly three million holidaymakers in 2011
The Commercial Manager of the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Jose Manuel Bisbe, has announced that after receiving a good number of tourists on Cuba holidays in 2010, visitor arrivals are expected to reach nearly three million in 2011.
The number of travellers taking Cuba holidays in 2011 is expected to reach three million, according to the Commercial Manager of the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Jose Manuel Bisbe.
After receiving 2,530,000 foreign visitors in 2010 despite the global economic problems, the Caribbean island is expecting an eight percent growth in tourists in 2011 which could see three million visitors arriving in Cuba by the close of year.
New Cuba hotels are under development in Cayo Santa Maria in the central province of Villa Clara and many tourists facilities are being restored in the capital city, Havana, Caya Coco and Holguin.
Visitor attractions are also being restored and renovated including world heritage sites such as Remedios, Old Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad, Camaguey, Baracoa, and Ciego de Avila.
The Cuban government is looking to improve the quality of services and providing new programs which are available to Spanish residents in Cuba.
The recent increase in cruise ships bringing travellers on their Cuba holidays whilst touring the Caribbean is also expected to contribute towards an increase in visitor numbers. These include the Gemini Ship which belongs to the Spanish Group Quail Travel and Tropicana Cruises Ltd onboard the cruise ship, Adriana.
United Sated President Barrack Obama has recently eased restriction on travel to Cuba for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. The ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo has been in place for decades and bans U.S travellers from taking Cuba holidays. Last year, President Obama lifted the ban on Cuban-Americans visiting the island to see their family members, and now schools and cultural or religious groups will be able to visit Cuba.
Though U.S travellers are still unable to freely travel to Cuba, the ease in restrictions is expected to have a positive impact on Cuba's tourism and will help visitors understand the island's traditions and culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...