Cuba sets target to reach nearly three million holidaymakers in 2011
The Commercial Manager of the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Jose Manuel Bisbe, has announced that after receiving a good number of tourists on Cuba holidays in 2010, visitor arrivals are expected to reach nearly three million in 2011.
The number of travellers taking Cuba holidays in 2011 is expected to reach three million, according to the Commercial Manager of the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Jose Manuel Bisbe.
After receiving 2,530,000 foreign visitors in 2010 despite the global economic problems, the Caribbean island is expecting an eight percent growth in tourists in 2011 which could see three million visitors arriving in Cuba by the close of year.
New Cuba hotels are under development in Cayo Santa Maria in the central province of Villa Clara and many tourists facilities are being restored in the capital city, Havana, Caya Coco and Holguin.
Visitor attractions are also being restored and renovated including world heritage sites such as Remedios, Old Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad, Camaguey, Baracoa, and Ciego de Avila.
The Cuban government is looking to improve the quality of services and providing new programs which are available to Spanish residents in Cuba.
The recent increase in cruise ships bringing travellers on their Cuba holidays whilst touring the Caribbean is also expected to contribute towards an increase in visitor numbers. These include the Gemini Ship which belongs to the Spanish Group Quail Travel and Tropicana Cruises Ltd onboard the cruise ship, Adriana.
United Sated President Barrack Obama has recently eased restriction on travel to Cuba for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. The ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo has been in place for decades and bans U.S travellers from taking Cuba holidays. Last year, President Obama lifted the ban on Cuban-Americans visiting the island to see their family members, and now schools and cultural or religious groups will be able to visit Cuba.
Though U.S travellers are still unable to freely travel to Cuba, the ease in restrictions is expected to have a positive impact on Cuba's tourism and will help visitors understand the island's traditions and culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...