Starwood Hotels and Resorts to double number of its Middle East Hotels
Travellers planning their Oman or Middle East holidays in the near future will be able to choose from more luxury hotels as Starwood Hotels and Resorts plan to open an additional 25 new properties in the Middle East by the year 2015.
After launching it first hotel in Kuwait in 1966, Starwood Hotels and Resorts has since opened 46 Middle East hotels in countries including Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Qatar and the country is planning to add a further 25 properties in the region by 2015.
President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Frits van Paasschen, explained: "With more than 70% of the world's growth over the decade coming from fast-growing markets such as the Middle East, the region plays a central role in our global expansion and development strategy."
The hotel company will be adding properties to its collection of Muscat hotels with the opening of three hotels in 2013 which will operate under its Element, Westin and W brands.
Together the hotels will add a further 700 rooms to Muscat's room occupancy levels and the Sheraton Oman is also scheduled to reopen in 2011 to travellers on Oman holidays following extensive renovations.
Among the luxury hotel group's new collection will be the Le Meridien Doha in Qatar, the Aloft Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, and the Sheraton Sharjah which will be Starwood's debut into the United Arab Emirates. All of these hotels are scheduled to open to guests in 2013.
The year 2014 will see the launch of its St .Regis brand with the St. Regis Amman and The Residences at St. Regis Amman in Jordan.
As well providing luxury Oman holidays, Starwood owns and operates nearly 1000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood's oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood's main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group's environmentally friendly brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...