Starwood Hotels and Resorts to double number of its Middle East Hotels
Travellers planning their Oman or Middle East holidays in the near future will be able to choose from more luxury hotels as Starwood Hotels and Resorts plan to open an additional 25 new properties in the Middle East by the year 2015.
After launching it first hotel in Kuwait in 1966, Starwood Hotels and Resorts has since opened 46 Middle East hotels in countries including Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Qatar and the country is planning to add a further 25 properties in the region by 2015.
President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Frits van Paasschen, explained: "With more than 70% of the world's growth over the decade coming from fast-growing markets such as the Middle East, the region plays a central role in our global expansion and development strategy."
The hotel company will be adding properties to its collection of Muscat hotels with the opening of three hotels in 2013 which will operate under its Element, Westin and W brands.
Together the hotels will add a further 700 rooms to Muscat's room occupancy levels and the Sheraton Oman is also scheduled to reopen in 2011 to travellers on Oman holidays following extensive renovations.
Among the luxury hotel group's new collection will be the Le Meridien Doha in Qatar, the Aloft Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, and the Sheraton Sharjah which will be Starwood's debut into the United Arab Emirates. All of these hotels are scheduled to open to guests in 2013.
The year 2014 will see the launch of its St .Regis brand with the St. Regis Amman and The Residences at St. Regis Amman in Jordan.
As well providing luxury Oman holidays, Starwood owns and operates nearly 1000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood's oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood's main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group's environmentally friendly brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...