Starwood Hotels and Resorts to double number of its Middle East Hotels
Travellers planning their Oman or Middle East holidays in the near future will be able to choose from more luxury hotels as Starwood Hotels and Resorts plan to open an additional 25 new properties in the Middle East by the year 2015.
After launching it first hotel in Kuwait in 1966, Starwood Hotels and Resorts has since opened 46 Middle East hotels in countries including Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Qatar and the country is planning to add a further 25 properties in the region by 2015.
President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Frits van Paasschen, explained: "With more than 70% of the world's growth over the decade coming from fast-growing markets such as the Middle East, the region plays a central role in our global expansion and development strategy."
The hotel company will be adding properties to its collection of Muscat hotels with the opening of three hotels in 2013 which will operate under its Element, Westin and W brands.
Together the hotels will add a further 700 rooms to Muscat's room occupancy levels and the Sheraton Oman is also scheduled to reopen in 2011 to travellers on Oman holidays following extensive renovations.
Among the luxury hotel group's new collection will be the Le Meridien Doha in Qatar, the Aloft Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, and the Sheraton Sharjah which will be Starwood's debut into the United Arab Emirates. All of these hotels are scheduled to open to guests in 2013.
The year 2014 will see the launch of its St .Regis brand with the St. Regis Amman and The Residences at St. Regis Amman in Jordan.
As well providing luxury Oman holidays, Starwood owns and operates nearly 1000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood's oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood's main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group's environmentally friendly brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...