Starwood Hotels and Resorts to double number of its Middle East Hotels
Travellers planning their Oman or Middle East holidays in the near future will be able to choose from more luxury hotels as Starwood Hotels and Resorts plan to open an additional 25 new properties in the Middle East by the year 2015.
After launching it first hotel in Kuwait in 1966, Starwood Hotels and Resorts has since opened 46 Middle East hotels in countries including Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Qatar and the country is planning to add a further 25 properties in the region by 2015.
President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Frits van Paasschen, explained: "With more than 70% of the world's growth over the decade coming from fast-growing markets such as the Middle East, the region plays a central role in our global expansion and development strategy."
The hotel company will be adding properties to its collection of Muscat hotels with the opening of three hotels in 2013 which will operate under its Element, Westin and W brands.
Together the hotels will add a further 700 rooms to Muscat's room occupancy levels and the Sheraton Oman is also scheduled to reopen in 2011 to travellers on Oman holidays following extensive renovations.
Among the luxury hotel group's new collection will be the Le Meridien Doha in Qatar, the Aloft Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, and the Sheraton Sharjah which will be Starwood's debut into the United Arab Emirates. All of these hotels are scheduled to open to guests in 2013.
The year 2014 will see the launch of its St .Regis brand with the St. Regis Amman and The Residences at St. Regis Amman in Jordan.
As well providing luxury Oman holidays, Starwood owns and operates nearly 1000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood's oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood's main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group's environmentally friendly brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...