Starwood Hotels and Resorts to double number of its Middle East Hotels
Travellers planning their Oman or Middle East holidays in the near future will be able to choose from more luxury hotels as Starwood Hotels and Resorts plan to open an additional 25 new properties in the Middle East by the year 2015.
After launching it first hotel in Kuwait in 1966, Starwood Hotels and Resorts has since opened 46 Middle East hotels in countries including Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Qatar and the country is planning to add a further 25 properties in the region by 2015.
President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Frits van Paasschen, explained: "With more than 70% of the world's growth over the decade coming from fast-growing markets such as the Middle East, the region plays a central role in our global expansion and development strategy."
The hotel company will be adding properties to its collection of Muscat hotels with the opening of three hotels in 2013 which will operate under its Element, Westin and W brands.
Together the hotels will add a further 700 rooms to Muscat's room occupancy levels and the Sheraton Oman is also scheduled to reopen in 2011 to travellers on Oman holidays following extensive renovations.
Among the luxury hotel group's new collection will be the Le Meridien Doha in Qatar, the Aloft Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, and the Sheraton Sharjah which will be Starwood's debut into the United Arab Emirates. All of these hotels are scheduled to open to guests in 2013.
The year 2014 will see the launch of its St .Regis brand with the St. Regis Amman and The Residences at St. Regis Amman in Jordan.
As well providing luxury Oman holidays, Starwood owns and operates nearly 1000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood's oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood's main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group's environmentally friendly brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...