Santa Clara's International Airport increases operations during holiday season
Villa Clara's Director of the National Office for Tourist Information (INFOTUR), Jesus Diaz-Canel announced that the regional airport is welcoming flights from Buenos Aires providing tourists from Argentina with a direct route for their Cuba holidays.
Travellers from Argentina have started arriving into the Abel Santamaria International Airport in Villa Clara on their Cuba holidays via flights from Buenos Aires into Villa Clara, according to the National Office for Tourist Information's Director, Jesus Diaz-Canel.
The airport has recently increased its operations and now operates over 40 flights a week during the tourist winter season, bringing travellers on their Cuba holidays from countries across Europe, North America and South America.
Diaz-Canel explained that statistics revealed a three percent increase in tourist arrivals to the Villa Clara province in 2010 as thousands of travellers flocked to the region to explore the beautiful natural scenery and landscapes comprising the cays of Santa Maria, Las Brujas and Ensenachos.
The central and northern province offers stretches of pristine white sandy beaches and beautiful coral reefs, plus the majestic Escambray Mountains and large lakes and rivers. The province is home to the famous Villa Clara Keys, a wildlife refuge covering over 77,000 hectares of land rich in biodiversity.
Situated approximately 300km from Havana, the Villa Clara Keys are part of the Jardines del Rey archipelago which is the largest archipelago in Cuba and located on the northern coast of the Caribbean island.
Tourists can choose between local Cayo Santa Maria hotels or luxury all inclusive beach resorts during their holidays in Cuba and Santa Clara, the capital city of the province, offers a selection of attractions and activities for visitors.
Visitors can relax under the sun in the Parque Vidal, the city's central park, or visit the monument which is home to the remains of the historical Che Guevara, the famous Argentine Marxist revolutionary.
Director of Abel Santamaria Airport, Mario Ricardo, said that the expansion of operations at the airport has led to additional training for staff members who will be helping to accommodate the needs of the influx of visitors, with the majority from Canada, on 160 flights during the island's high season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Enjoy a taste of what Thailand has to offer with a combined trip to the vibrant capital, Bangkok, and the unspoilt...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...