Santa Clara's International Airport increases operations during holiday season
Villa Clara's Director of the National Office for Tourist Information (INFOTUR), Jesus Diaz-Canel announced that the regional airport is welcoming flights from Buenos Aires providing tourists from Argentina with a direct route for their Cuba holidays.
Travellers from Argentina have started arriving into the Abel Santamaria International Airport in Villa Clara on their Cuba holidays via flights from Buenos Aires into Villa Clara, according to the National Office for Tourist Information's Director, Jesus Diaz-Canel.
The airport has recently increased its operations and now operates over 40 flights a week during the tourist winter season, bringing travellers on their Cuba holidays from countries across Europe, North America and South America.
Diaz-Canel explained that statistics revealed a three percent increase in tourist arrivals to the Villa Clara province in 2010 as thousands of travellers flocked to the region to explore the beautiful natural scenery and landscapes comprising the cays of Santa Maria, Las Brujas and Ensenachos.
The central and northern province offers stretches of pristine white sandy beaches and beautiful coral reefs, plus the majestic Escambray Mountains and large lakes and rivers. The province is home to the famous Villa Clara Keys, a wildlife refuge covering over 77,000 hectares of land rich in biodiversity.
Situated approximately 300km from Havana, the Villa Clara Keys are part of the Jardines del Rey archipelago which is the largest archipelago in Cuba and located on the northern coast of the Caribbean island.
Tourists can choose between local Cayo Santa Maria hotels or luxury all inclusive beach resorts during their holidays in Cuba and Santa Clara, the capital city of the province, offers a selection of attractions and activities for visitors.
Visitors can relax under the sun in the Parque Vidal, the city's central park, or visit the monument which is home to the remains of the historical Che Guevara, the famous Argentine Marxist revolutionary.
Director of Abel Santamaria Airport, Mario Ricardo, said that the expansion of operations at the airport has led to additional training for staff members who will be helping to accommodate the needs of the influx of visitors, with the majority from Canada, on 160 flights during the island's high season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...