Santa Clara's International Airport increases operations during holiday season
Villa Clara's Director of the National Office for Tourist Information (INFOTUR), Jesus Diaz-Canel announced that the regional airport is welcoming flights from Buenos Aires providing tourists from Argentina with a direct route for their Cuba holidays.
Travellers from Argentina have started arriving into the Abel Santamaria International Airport in Villa Clara on their Cuba holidays via flights from Buenos Aires into Villa Clara, according to the National Office for Tourist Information's Director, Jesus Diaz-Canel.
The airport has recently increased its operations and now operates over 40 flights a week during the tourist winter season, bringing travellers on their Cuba holidays from countries across Europe, North America and South America.
Diaz-Canel explained that statistics revealed a three percent increase in tourist arrivals to the Villa Clara province in 2010 as thousands of travellers flocked to the region to explore the beautiful natural scenery and landscapes comprising the cays of Santa Maria, Las Brujas and Ensenachos.
The central and northern province offers stretches of pristine white sandy beaches and beautiful coral reefs, plus the majestic Escambray Mountains and large lakes and rivers. The province is home to the famous Villa Clara Keys, a wildlife refuge covering over 77,000 hectares of land rich in biodiversity.
Situated approximately 300km from Havana, the Villa Clara Keys are part of the Jardines del Rey archipelago which is the largest archipelago in Cuba and located on the northern coast of the Caribbean island.
Tourists can choose between local Cayo Santa Maria hotels or luxury all inclusive beach resorts during their holidays in Cuba and Santa Clara, the capital city of the province, offers a selection of attractions and activities for visitors.
Visitors can relax under the sun in the Parque Vidal, the city's central park, or visit the monument which is home to the remains of the historical Che Guevara, the famous Argentine Marxist revolutionary.
Director of Abel Santamaria Airport, Mario Ricardo, said that the expansion of operations at the airport has led to additional training for staff members who will be helping to accommodate the needs of the influx of visitors, with the majority from Canada, on 160 flights during the island's high season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...