Sol Melia Cuba offers over 10,000 hotel rooms in Cuba
The Sol Melia hotel group has announced that it is committed to offering Cuba holidays for travellers from all over the world by helping to develop tourism in the region where it currently operates 35 hotels comprising 10,444 rooms.
An announcement has been made by Sol Melia highlighting the company's commitment to offering holidays in Cuba, 20 years after its first hotel was launched in the region.
The hotel company currently operates 25 Cuba hotels and offers 10,444 rooms to travellers on holidays in Cuba, with 21 percent of the Cuba's room occupancy booked at Sol Melia properties which make up 31 percent of the island's four and five-star hotels.
Marketing and Sales Manager at Sol Melia Cuba, Gabriel Garcia Llabres, said that the company receives 30 percent of all travellers taking Cuba holidays.
He commented: "During the past twenty years, we have provided hotel know how, training, human resource development, adequate segmentation, constant commitment to quality and good management results based on the overall experience of the Sol Melia Group."
Sol Melia Cuba launched twenty years ago with the opening of the Sol Palmeras, a hotel bungalow complex in Varadero which now features 608 rooms and suites, making it the first international hotel company to have a presence in Cuba.
Garcia highlighted the recent opening of the Melia Buenavista in Cayo Santa Maria; their first five-star Royal Service hotel. The luxury beachfront property is an adults-only resort and features deluxe junior suites, personalised butler service, a luxurious spa and beautiful natural surroundings.
Sol Melia Cuba offer products and services of very high standards to their guests including Royal Service, YHI spas and gourmet cuisine.
Sol Melia Cuba operates several luxury all inclusive holidays resorts in Varadero and across Cuba including Sol Palmeras in Varadero, Paradisus Rio de Oro, Melia Varadero, Tryp Peninsula Varadero, Melia Cayo Coco, Tryp Cayo Coco, Sol Rio de Luna y Mares, Melia Cayo Santa Maria, Melia Cohiba and Sol Cayo Santa Maria.
Sol Melia Hotels is the leading hotel company in Spain, Latin America and the Caribbean. The hotel group was established in 1956 by Gabriel Escarrer Julia in Palma de Mallorca and operates over 350 hotels and resorts throughout 30 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...