Egypt holidays in hot demand according to First Choice Holidays
Despite a recent number of shark attacks on travellers who were on Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt holidays are number one favourites for travellers because of their value for money and all year round sun, according to a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays.
According to travel advisor from travel company First Choice Holidays, Egypt holidays are still first choice for travellers. Travellers choose Egypt as their number one destination because of its value for money and all year round sunny and warm climate.
Travellers can choose from Sharm el Sheikh holidays and Hurghada holidays where they can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the Red Sea, or they can head off to Egypt's historical cities such as Luxor, Cairo and Alexandria where they can discover ancient sites including the famous pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings.
Tom Williamson, a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays, said: "The most popular destination is definitely Egypt. It's out of the Euro zone and the current exchange rate with the Egyptian Pound is good. Plus it's guaranteed sunshine!"
Travellers who usually travel to destinations such as Spain are now favouring Sharm el Sheikh holidays and other Egypt resorts because of the low Euro exchange rate and a change of scenery.
Another high street travel agent said: "We are now finding it hard to sell holidays to places like Spain after people have found it parts of Spain expensive to eat and drink due to the low Euro exchange rate and the high increase in prices."
The Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular choices despite a series of recent shark attacks on tourists.
Whilst snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming in the Red Sea, four tourists were left injured and one 70 year old female German tourist lost her life after rare attacks from the sharks in December 2010.
The Egyptian government has stressed that these attacks are very rare and the beaches are once again open to travellers. Tourism officials and the government are making efforts to encourage tourists back to the beautiful region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...