Egypt holidays in hot demand according to First Choice Holidays
Despite a recent number of shark attacks on travellers who were on Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt holidays are number one favourites for travellers because of their value for money and all year round sun, according to a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays.
According to travel advisor from travel company First Choice Holidays, Egypt holidays are still first choice for travellers. Travellers choose Egypt as their number one destination because of its value for money and all year round sunny and warm climate.
Travellers can choose from Sharm el Sheikh holidays and Hurghada holidays where they can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the Red Sea, or they can head off to Egypt's historical cities such as Luxor, Cairo and Alexandria where they can discover ancient sites including the famous pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings.
Tom Williamson, a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays, said: "The most popular destination is definitely Egypt. It's out of the Euro zone and the current exchange rate with the Egyptian Pound is good. Plus it's guaranteed sunshine!"
Travellers who usually travel to destinations such as Spain are now favouring Sharm el Sheikh holidays and other Egypt resorts because of the low Euro exchange rate and a change of scenery.
Another high street travel agent said: "We are now finding it hard to sell holidays to places like Spain after people have found it parts of Spain expensive to eat and drink due to the low Euro exchange rate and the high increase in prices."
The Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular choices despite a series of recent shark attacks on tourists.
Whilst snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming in the Red Sea, four tourists were left injured and one 70 year old female German tourist lost her life after rare attacks from the sharks in December 2010.
The Egyptian government has stressed that these attacks are very rare and the beaches are once again open to travellers. Tourism officials and the government are making efforts to encourage tourists back to the beautiful region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
This boutique Nile Cruise combines old-world charm and sophistication with the luxury of modern amenities.
- With a limited number of suites and cabins this cruise offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere of personal service and refined hospitality
- Unwind at the open-air oriental style Jacuzzi or chill in the elegant lounge
- Work on your tan from the spacious, scenic deck as you see 5,000 years of history unfold
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...