Egypt holidays in hot demand according to First Choice Holidays
Despite a recent number of shark attacks on travellers who were on Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt holidays are number one favourites for travellers because of their value for money and all year round sun, according to a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays.
According to travel advisor from travel company First Choice Holidays, Egypt holidays are still first choice for travellers. Travellers choose Egypt as their number one destination because of its value for money and all year round sunny and warm climate.
Travellers can choose from Sharm el Sheikh holidays and Hurghada holidays where they can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the Red Sea, or they can head off to Egypt's historical cities such as Luxor, Cairo and Alexandria where they can discover ancient sites including the famous pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings.
Tom Williamson, a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays, said: "The most popular destination is definitely Egypt. It's out of the Euro zone and the current exchange rate with the Egyptian Pound is good. Plus it's guaranteed sunshine!"
Travellers who usually travel to destinations such as Spain are now favouring Sharm el Sheikh holidays and other Egypt resorts because of the low Euro exchange rate and a change of scenery.
Another high street travel agent said: "We are now finding it hard to sell holidays to places like Spain after people have found it parts of Spain expensive to eat and drink due to the low Euro exchange rate and the high increase in prices."
The Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular choices despite a series of recent shark attacks on tourists.
Whilst snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming in the Red Sea, four tourists were left injured and one 70 year old female German tourist lost her life after rare attacks from the sharks in December 2010.
The Egyptian government has stressed that these attacks are very rare and the beaches are once again open to travellers. Tourism officials and the government are making efforts to encourage tourists back to the beautiful region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Experience the golden Sandy beaches of the beautiful Red Sea, the action in Soho Square and Na'ama Bay and a resort that has it all - Sierra Sharm el Sheikt awaits
- Enjoy elegant views of either the pool or gardens from your own private balcony/terrace
- Enjoy access to the Sierra's Wellness Centre & Aqua Spa, where you can enjoy a massage parlour, sauna & steam room
- Enjoy a variety of cuisines from a number of restaurants at the hotel - including Italian, freshly caught seafood & much more
With access to a private beach and every facility imaginable on site it's no wonder guests return to Hilton Sharks bay - it's a perfect for the whole family
- Relax and unwind with a massage or jacuzzi in the health club
- Enjoy a number of dining options including Il Rustico Restaurant - where you can enjoy barbeques on the terrace
- Enjoy the evenings with the nightly entertainment programme
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
The Red Sea resort town of Sharm El Sheikh is known for its wonderful beaches; take six days to enjoy the best of this...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Sharm El Sheikh, a resort town sitting on Egypt's Red Sea shores, is one of the country's top tourist destinations. Find...