Egypt holidays in hot demand according to First Choice Holidays
Despite a recent number of shark attacks on travellers who were on Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt holidays are number one favourites for travellers because of their value for money and all year round sun, according to a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays.
According to travel advisor from travel company First Choice Holidays, Egypt holidays are still first choice for travellers. Travellers choose Egypt as their number one destination because of its value for money and all year round sunny and warm climate.
Travellers can choose from Sharm el Sheikh holidays and Hurghada holidays where they can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the Red Sea, or they can head off to Egypt's historical cities such as Luxor, Cairo and Alexandria where they can discover ancient sites including the famous pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings.
Tom Williamson, a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays, said: "The most popular destination is definitely Egypt. It's out of the Euro zone and the current exchange rate with the Egyptian Pound is good. Plus it's guaranteed sunshine!"
Travellers who usually travel to destinations such as Spain are now favouring Sharm el Sheikh holidays and other Egypt resorts because of the low Euro exchange rate and a change of scenery.
Another high street travel agent said: "We are now finding it hard to sell holidays to places like Spain after people have found it parts of Spain expensive to eat and drink due to the low Euro exchange rate and the high increase in prices."
The Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular choices despite a series of recent shark attacks on tourists.
Whilst snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming in the Red Sea, four tourists were left injured and one 70 year old female German tourist lost her life after rare attacks from the sharks in December 2010.
The Egyptian government has stressed that these attacks are very rare and the beaches are once again open to travellers. Tourism officials and the government are making efforts to encourage tourists back to the beautiful region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...