Egypt holidays in hot demand according to First Choice Holidays
Despite a recent number of shark attacks on travellers who were on Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt holidays are number one favourites for travellers because of their value for money and all year round sun, according to a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays.
According to travel advisor from travel company First Choice Holidays, Egypt holidays are still first choice for travellers. Travellers choose Egypt as their number one destination because of its value for money and all year round sunny and warm climate.
Travellers can choose from Sharm el Sheikh holidays and Hurghada holidays where they can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the Red Sea, or they can head off to Egypt's historical cities such as Luxor, Cairo and Alexandria where they can discover ancient sites including the famous pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings.
Tom Williamson, a travel advisor from First Choice Holidays, said: "The most popular destination is definitely Egypt. It's out of the Euro zone and the current exchange rate with the Egyptian Pound is good. Plus it's guaranteed sunshine!"
Travellers who usually travel to destinations such as Spain are now favouring Sharm el Sheikh holidays and other Egypt resorts because of the low Euro exchange rate and a change of scenery.
Another high street travel agent said: "We are now finding it hard to sell holidays to places like Spain after people have found it parts of Spain expensive to eat and drink due to the low Euro exchange rate and the high increase in prices."
The Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular choices despite a series of recent shark attacks on tourists.
Whilst snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming in the Red Sea, four tourists were left injured and one 70 year old female German tourist lost her life after rare attacks from the sharks in December 2010.
The Egyptian government has stressed that these attacks are very rare and the beaches are once again open to travellers. Tourism officials and the government are making efforts to encourage tourists back to the beautiful region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...