2010 closed with birthday celebrations of three Gran Caribe hotels in Cuba
Three Cuba hotels have celebrated the end of 2010 with significant anniversaries including the 60th birthday for the Varadero International Hotel, the 135th anniversary of Hotel Inglaterra, and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
As 2010 drew to a close, three established Cuba hotels have been celebrating milestone anniversaries across the Caribbean region.
Each of these Cuba hotels belong to the Gran Caribe hotel group and include the 60th birthday of the Varadero International Hotel; the Hotel Inglaterra who celebrated an impressive 135th anniversary; and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
The Gran Caribe hotel group operates a number of hotels in Cuba stretching across major cities and beautiful beachside resorts.
Situated in the exclusive beach resort of Varadero, the International Hotel has been running for 60 years and offers a breathtaking location amid white sandy beaches and the sparkling turquoise ocean. The hotel was a popular choice for travellers during the 1950's and attracted renowned guests such as writer and Nobel Prize winner, Ernest Hemmingway; the Ecuadorian painter, Oswaldo Guayasamin; and Fidel Castro Ruz, the Cuban Revolution leader. Guests can enjoy luxury accommodation and facilities including tennis courts, lush gardens, swimming pool, and gourmet cuisine and live authentic entertainment at the Continental Cabinet restaurant.
The oldest hotel in Cuba, Hotel Inglaterra, has been declared as a National Monument and is regarded as a valuable asset to Cuba's heritage and culture. Situated in Cuba's capital city, Havana, the colonial-style hotel has central location next Paseo del Prado and Parque Central. In December 2010, the historic property celebrated its 135th birthday and over the years it has welcomed guests from all over the world who have marvelled at the hotel's colourful stain-glass windows and mosaic tiles.
Guests enjoying Cuba holidays at Hotel Inglaterra can enjoy panoramic views of the bustling city from the top-floor restaurant, La Sevillana coffee shop and bar, or the terrace bar and grill.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba celebrated 80 years since its opening on 30th December 1930. Situated in Vedado in central Havana, the property sits on a hill and offers breathtaking views of the city, Havana Harbour, and the azure ocean.
Over the past 80 years, the hotels has been visited by Jazz crooner, Frank Sinatra; British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill; American actress, Ava Gardner; and scientist Alexander Flemming.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...