2010 closed with birthday celebrations of three Gran Caribe hotels in Cuba
Three Cuba hotels have celebrated the end of 2010 with significant anniversaries including the 60th birthday for the Varadero International Hotel, the 135th anniversary of Hotel Inglaterra, and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
As 2010 drew to a close, three established Cuba hotels have been celebrating milestone anniversaries across the Caribbean region.
Each of these Cuba hotels belong to the Gran Caribe hotel group and include the 60th birthday of the Varadero International Hotel; the Hotel Inglaterra who celebrated an impressive 135th anniversary; and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
The Gran Caribe hotel group operates a number of hotels in Cuba stretching across major cities and beautiful beachside resorts.
Situated in the exclusive beach resort of Varadero, the International Hotel has been running for 60 years and offers a breathtaking location amid white sandy beaches and the sparkling turquoise ocean. The hotel was a popular choice for travellers during the 1950's and attracted renowned guests such as writer and Nobel Prize winner, Ernest Hemmingway; the Ecuadorian painter, Oswaldo Guayasamin; and Fidel Castro Ruz, the Cuban Revolution leader. Guests can enjoy luxury accommodation and facilities including tennis courts, lush gardens, swimming pool, and gourmet cuisine and live authentic entertainment at the Continental Cabinet restaurant.
The oldest hotel in Cuba, Hotel Inglaterra, has been declared as a National Monument and is regarded as a valuable asset to Cuba's heritage and culture. Situated in Cuba's capital city, Havana, the colonial-style hotel has central location next Paseo del Prado and Parque Central. In December 2010, the historic property celebrated its 135th birthday and over the years it has welcomed guests from all over the world who have marvelled at the hotel's colourful stain-glass windows and mosaic tiles.
Guests enjoying Cuba holidays at Hotel Inglaterra can enjoy panoramic views of the bustling city from the top-floor restaurant, La Sevillana coffee shop and bar, or the terrace bar and grill.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba celebrated 80 years since its opening on 30th December 1930. Situated in Vedado in central Havana, the property sits on a hill and offers breathtaking views of the city, Havana Harbour, and the azure ocean.
Over the past 80 years, the hotels has been visited by Jazz crooner, Frank Sinatra; British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill; American actress, Ava Gardner; and scientist Alexander Flemming.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...