2010 closed with birthday celebrations of three Gran Caribe hotels in Cuba
Three Cuba hotels have celebrated the end of 2010 with significant anniversaries including the 60th birthday for the Varadero International Hotel, the 135th anniversary of Hotel Inglaterra, and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
As 2010 drew to a close, three established Cuba hotels have been celebrating milestone anniversaries across the Caribbean region.
Each of these Cuba hotels belong to the Gran Caribe hotel group and include the 60th birthday of the Varadero International Hotel; the Hotel Inglaterra who celebrated an impressive 135th anniversary; and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
The Gran Caribe hotel group operates a number of hotels in Cuba stretching across major cities and beautiful beachside resorts.
Situated in the exclusive beach resort of Varadero, the International Hotel has been running for 60 years and offers a breathtaking location amid white sandy beaches and the sparkling turquoise ocean. The hotel was a popular choice for travellers during the 1950's and attracted renowned guests such as writer and Nobel Prize winner, Ernest Hemmingway; the Ecuadorian painter, Oswaldo Guayasamin; and Fidel Castro Ruz, the Cuban Revolution leader. Guests can enjoy luxury accommodation and facilities including tennis courts, lush gardens, swimming pool, and gourmet cuisine and live authentic entertainment at the Continental Cabinet restaurant.
The oldest hotel in Cuba, Hotel Inglaterra, has been declared as a National Monument and is regarded as a valuable asset to Cuba's heritage and culture. Situated in Cuba's capital city, Havana, the colonial-style hotel has central location next Paseo del Prado and Parque Central. In December 2010, the historic property celebrated its 135th birthday and over the years it has welcomed guests from all over the world who have marvelled at the hotel's colourful stain-glass windows and mosaic tiles.
Guests enjoying Cuba holidays at Hotel Inglaterra can enjoy panoramic views of the bustling city from the top-floor restaurant, La Sevillana coffee shop and bar, or the terrace bar and grill.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba celebrated 80 years since its opening on 30th December 1930. Situated in Vedado in central Havana, the property sits on a hill and offers breathtaking views of the city, Havana Harbour, and the azure ocean.
Over the past 80 years, the hotels has been visited by Jazz crooner, Frank Sinatra; British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill; American actress, Ava Gardner; and scientist Alexander Flemming.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Save £450 per person with our current Flash Sale.
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...