2010 closed with birthday celebrations of three Gran Caribe hotels in Cuba
Three Cuba hotels have celebrated the end of 2010 with significant anniversaries including the 60th birthday for the Varadero International Hotel, the 135th anniversary of Hotel Inglaterra, and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
As 2010 drew to a close, three established Cuba hotels have been celebrating milestone anniversaries across the Caribbean region.
Each of these Cuba hotels belong to the Gran Caribe hotel group and include the 60th birthday of the Varadero International Hotel; the Hotel Inglaterra who celebrated an impressive 135th anniversary; and the 80th birthday of the Hotel Nacional de Cuba.
The Gran Caribe hotel group operates a number of hotels in Cuba stretching across major cities and beautiful beachside resorts.
Situated in the exclusive beach resort of Varadero, the International Hotel has been running for 60 years and offers a breathtaking location amid white sandy beaches and the sparkling turquoise ocean. The hotel was a popular choice for travellers during the 1950's and attracted renowned guests such as writer and Nobel Prize winner, Ernest Hemmingway; the Ecuadorian painter, Oswaldo Guayasamin; and Fidel Castro Ruz, the Cuban Revolution leader. Guests can enjoy luxury accommodation and facilities including tennis courts, lush gardens, swimming pool, and gourmet cuisine and live authentic entertainment at the Continental Cabinet restaurant.
The oldest hotel in Cuba, Hotel Inglaterra, has been declared as a National Monument and is regarded as a valuable asset to Cuba's heritage and culture. Situated in Cuba's capital city, Havana, the colonial-style hotel has central location next Paseo del Prado and Parque Central. In December 2010, the historic property celebrated its 135th birthday and over the years it has welcomed guests from all over the world who have marvelled at the hotel's colourful stain-glass windows and mosaic tiles.
Guests enjoying Cuba holidays at Hotel Inglaterra can enjoy panoramic views of the bustling city from the top-floor restaurant, La Sevillana coffee shop and bar, or the terrace bar and grill.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba celebrated 80 years since its opening on 30th December 1930. Situated in Vedado in central Havana, the property sits on a hill and offers breathtaking views of the city, Havana Harbour, and the azure ocean.
Over the past 80 years, the hotels has been visited by Jazz crooner, Frank Sinatra; British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill; American actress, Ava Gardner; and scientist Alexander Flemming.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...