The Telegraph recommends Soma Bay for tranquil Egypt holidays
Travellers seeking a break from the plummeting temperatures in the UK will find sun, sea and tranquillity during Egypt holidays at the beautiful resort of Soma Bay located just 45 minutes away from the party resort of Hurghada.
As the festive season draws to an end, it’s time to escape the winter weather and head off to far-flung exotic place. If you’re planning to head off on Egypt holidays, why not try out the resort of Soma Bay with its luxury hotels, championship golf courses and pristine beaches.
Situated on a desert peninsula in the Red Sea, Soma Bay is a coastal resort just 45 minutes away from the popular resort of Hurghada.
Despite being located close to the party town and cheap and cheerful Hurghada hotels, Soma Bay is a tranquil resort which offers upmarket accommodation without the expensive prices which can be found in the popular Red Sea diving resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
The resort is one of the newest to be developed in the Red Sea region and provides a tranquil escape for travellers planning relaxing Egypt holidays away from the crowds and partying.
Whereas most travellers head off on Sharm el Sheik holidays for scuba diving activities, Soma Bay also offers a fantastic spot for scuba diving and snorkelling sports as well on some of the world's best coral reefs, as well as a steady offshore wind which is great for wind and kite surfing activities.
Soma Bay is surrounded on al sides by the sparkling ocean which enables guests staying at the luxury Egypt hotels to enjoy panoramic views overlooking the sandy beaches, azure waters, blue skies and desert mountains.
Tourists can enjoy luxury accommodation within five resort hotels including the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, the Robinson Club, La Residence des Cascades, Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay, and The Breakers and Diving Surfing Lodge.
Drinking alcohol and entertainment is strictly prohibited to within the grounds of the hotels only and guests can enjoy evening entertainment from local singers, belly dancers and Egyptian music.
There are plenty of excursions to take part in including trips to Temple of Seti I at Kanais, the Emerald Mines at Marsa Alam, day trips to Luxor, or the Les Thermes Marins des Cascades, a spa and thalasso centre where travellers can relax within mineral-rich seawater and seaweed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Have fun in the sun, dive in the underwater gardens of the Red Sea and enjoy a myriad of activities for the whole family
- Great family resort with plenty of activities
- Only 5 minutes away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
- Enjoy astonishing variety of fish and marine life of the Red Sea
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...