The Telegraph recommends Soma Bay for tranquil Egypt holidays
Travellers seeking a break from the plummeting temperatures in the UK will find sun, sea and tranquillity during Egypt holidays at the beautiful resort of Soma Bay located just 45 minutes away from the party resort of Hurghada.
As the festive season draws to an end, it’s time to escape the winter weather and head off to far-flung exotic place. If you’re planning to head off on Egypt holidays, why not try out the resort of Soma Bay with its luxury hotels, championship golf courses and pristine beaches.
Situated on a desert peninsula in the Red Sea, Soma Bay is a coastal resort just 45 minutes away from the popular resort of Hurghada.
Despite being located close to the party town and cheap and cheerful Hurghada hotels, Soma Bay is a tranquil resort which offers upmarket accommodation without the expensive prices which can be found in the popular Red Sea diving resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
The resort is one of the newest to be developed in the Red Sea region and provides a tranquil escape for travellers planning relaxing Egypt holidays away from the crowds and partying.
Whereas most travellers head off on Sharm el Sheik holidays for scuba diving activities, Soma Bay also offers a fantastic spot for scuba diving and snorkelling sports as well on some of the world's best coral reefs, as well as a steady offshore wind which is great for wind and kite surfing activities.
Soma Bay is surrounded on al sides by the sparkling ocean which enables guests staying at the luxury Egypt hotels to enjoy panoramic views overlooking the sandy beaches, azure waters, blue skies and desert mountains.
Tourists can enjoy luxury accommodation within five resort hotels including the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, the Robinson Club, La Residence des Cascades, Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay, and The Breakers and Diving Surfing Lodge.
Drinking alcohol and entertainment is strictly prohibited to within the grounds of the hotels only and guests can enjoy evening entertainment from local singers, belly dancers and Egyptian music.
There are plenty of excursions to take part in including trips to Temple of Seti I at Kanais, the Emerald Mines at Marsa Alam, day trips to Luxor, or the Les Thermes Marins des Cascades, a spa and thalasso centre where travellers can relax within mineral-rich seawater and seaweed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
This boutique Nile Cruise combines old-world charm and sophistication with the luxury of modern amenities.
- With a limited number of suites and cabins this cruise offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere of personal service and refined hospitality
- Unwind at the open-air oriental style Jacuzzi or chill in the elegant lounge
- Work on your tan from the spacious, scenic deck as you see 5,000 years of history unfold
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...