The Telegraph recommends Soma Bay for tranquil Egypt holidays
Travellers seeking a break from the plummeting temperatures in the UK will find sun, sea and tranquillity during Egypt holidays at the beautiful resort of Soma Bay located just 45 minutes away from the party resort of Hurghada.
As the festive season draws to an end, it’s time to escape the winter weather and head off to far-flung exotic place. If you’re planning to head off on Egypt holidays, why not try out the resort of Soma Bay with its luxury hotels, championship golf courses and pristine beaches.
Situated on a desert peninsula in the Red Sea, Soma Bay is a coastal resort just 45 minutes away from the popular resort of Hurghada.
Despite being located close to the party town and cheap and cheerful Hurghada hotels, Soma Bay is a tranquil resort which offers upmarket accommodation without the expensive prices which can be found in the popular Red Sea diving resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
The resort is one of the newest to be developed in the Red Sea region and provides a tranquil escape for travellers planning relaxing Egypt holidays away from the crowds and partying.
Whereas most travellers head off on Sharm el Sheik holidays for scuba diving activities, Soma Bay also offers a fantastic spot for scuba diving and snorkelling sports as well on some of the world's best coral reefs, as well as a steady offshore wind which is great for wind and kite surfing activities.
Soma Bay is surrounded on al sides by the sparkling ocean which enables guests staying at the luxury Egypt hotels to enjoy panoramic views overlooking the sandy beaches, azure waters, blue skies and desert mountains.
Tourists can enjoy luxury accommodation within five resort hotels including the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, the Robinson Club, La Residence des Cascades, Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay, and The Breakers and Diving Surfing Lodge.
Drinking alcohol and entertainment is strictly prohibited to within the grounds of the hotels only and guests can enjoy evening entertainment from local singers, belly dancers and Egyptian music.
There are plenty of excursions to take part in including trips to Temple of Seti I at Kanais, the Emerald Mines at Marsa Alam, day trips to Luxor, or the Les Thermes Marins des Cascades, a spa and thalasso centre where travellers can relax within mineral-rich seawater and seaweed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...