The Telegraph recommends Soma Bay for tranquil Egypt holidays
Travellers seeking a break from the plummeting temperatures in the UK will find sun, sea and tranquillity during Egypt holidays at the beautiful resort of Soma Bay located just 45 minutes away from the party resort of Hurghada.
As the festive season draws to an end, it’s time to escape the winter weather and head off to far-flung exotic place. If you’re planning to head off on Egypt holidays, why not try out the resort of Soma Bay with its luxury hotels, championship golf courses and pristine beaches.
Situated on a desert peninsula in the Red Sea, Soma Bay is a coastal resort just 45 minutes away from the popular resort of Hurghada.
Despite being located close to the party town and cheap and cheerful Hurghada hotels, Soma Bay is a tranquil resort which offers upmarket accommodation without the expensive prices which can be found in the popular Red Sea diving resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
The resort is one of the newest to be developed in the Red Sea region and provides a tranquil escape for travellers planning relaxing Egypt holidays away from the crowds and partying.
Whereas most travellers head off on Sharm el Sheik holidays for scuba diving activities, Soma Bay also offers a fantastic spot for scuba diving and snorkelling sports as well on some of the world's best coral reefs, as well as a steady offshore wind which is great for wind and kite surfing activities.
Soma Bay is surrounded on al sides by the sparkling ocean which enables guests staying at the luxury Egypt hotels to enjoy panoramic views overlooking the sandy beaches, azure waters, blue skies and desert mountains.
Tourists can enjoy luxury accommodation within five resort hotels including the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, the Robinson Club, La Residence des Cascades, Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay, and The Breakers and Diving Surfing Lodge.
Drinking alcohol and entertainment is strictly prohibited to within the grounds of the hotels only and guests can enjoy evening entertainment from local singers, belly dancers and Egyptian music.
There are plenty of excursions to take part in including trips to Temple of Seti I at Kanais, the Emerald Mines at Marsa Alam, day trips to Luxor, or the Les Thermes Marins des Cascades, a spa and thalasso centre where travellers can relax within mineral-rich seawater and seaweed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...