The Telegraph recommends Soma Bay for tranquil Egypt holidays
Travellers seeking a break from the plummeting temperatures in the UK will find sun, sea and tranquillity during Egypt holidays at the beautiful resort of Soma Bay located just 45 minutes away from the party resort of Hurghada.
As the festive season draws to an end, it’s time to escape the winter weather and head off to far-flung exotic place. If you’re planning to head off on Egypt holidays, why not try out the resort of Soma Bay with its luxury hotels, championship golf courses and pristine beaches.
Situated on a desert peninsula in the Red Sea, Soma Bay is a coastal resort just 45 minutes away from the popular resort of Hurghada.
Despite being located close to the party town and cheap and cheerful Hurghada hotels, Soma Bay is a tranquil resort which offers upmarket accommodation without the expensive prices which can be found in the popular Red Sea diving resort of Sharm el Sheikh.
The resort is one of the newest to be developed in the Red Sea region and provides a tranquil escape for travellers planning relaxing Egypt holidays away from the crowds and partying.
Whereas most travellers head off on Sharm el Sheik holidays for scuba diving activities, Soma Bay also offers a fantastic spot for scuba diving and snorkelling sports as well on some of the world's best coral reefs, as well as a steady offshore wind which is great for wind and kite surfing activities.
Soma Bay is surrounded on al sides by the sparkling ocean which enables guests staying at the luxury Egypt hotels to enjoy panoramic views overlooking the sandy beaches, azure waters, blue skies and desert mountains.
Tourists can enjoy luxury accommodation within five resort hotels including the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, the Robinson Club, La Residence des Cascades, Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay, and The Breakers and Diving Surfing Lodge.
Drinking alcohol and entertainment is strictly prohibited to within the grounds of the hotels only and guests can enjoy evening entertainment from local singers, belly dancers and Egyptian music.
There are plenty of excursions to take part in including trips to Temple of Seti I at Kanais, the Emerald Mines at Marsa Alam, day trips to Luxor, or the Les Thermes Marins des Cascades, a spa and thalasso centre where travellers can relax within mineral-rich seawater and seaweed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...