Cuba celebrate one million tourists in Varadero for third consecutive year
The number of travellers enjoying holidays in Varadero during 2010 has once again reached one million, according to Varadero's Ministry of Tourism, a figure which has been achieved one week ahead of last year.
The Cuba's Ministry of Tourism has announced that the number of tourists taking holidays in Varadero during 2010 has reached one million for the third year in a row.
Business Manager of the Ministry of Tourism for Varadero, Velio Barrera, reported that this figure was reached seven days ahead of last year and he thanked travel agencies, tour operators and industry professionals who helped achieve this target once again.
Barrera urged workers in the travel industry sector to increase the quality in food, cultural and recreational activities and ensure that they are professional and hospitable towards guests to ensure that travellers continue to book their Cuba holidays in this beautiful beach region.
Barrera added that the addition of new Varadero hotels, stores and markets would also entice travellers to take holidays in Varadero. These include the reopening of the renowned Velazco Hotel in Matanzas city, and the refurbishment of 600 out of 1100 rooms at the RIU Varadero.
Situated 130 kilometres from Cuba's capital city, Havana, Varadero is the most well known beach resort on the Caribbean island.
Located in the Matanzas province, the coastal resort offers over 20 kilometres of white sandy beaches and a number of natural attractions including caves, the Hicacos Point Natural Park, Mangon Lake, the ruins of the La Calavera salt works, Parque Josone, a chain of virgin cays, and historical sites surrounding the cities of Matanzas and Cardenas.
Over the last ten years, Varadero has become a more luxury destination for travellers with the opening of several four and five-star hotels and resorts operated by international companies such as Melia Hotels and Barcelo. Varadero is also currently home to the only full golf course in Cuba.
The one-millionth-tourist arrival in Varadero was celebrated with the opening of a brand new restaurant which was run by the Barcelo Hotels and located at the Arenas Blancas-Solymar hotel complex.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...