Cuba celebrate one million tourists in Varadero for third consecutive year
The number of travellers enjoying holidays in Varadero during 2010 has once again reached one million, according to Varadero's Ministry of Tourism, a figure which has been achieved one week ahead of last year.
The Cuba's Ministry of Tourism has announced that the number of tourists taking holidays in Varadero during 2010 has reached one million for the third year in a row.
Business Manager of the Ministry of Tourism for Varadero, Velio Barrera, reported that this figure was reached seven days ahead of last year and he thanked travel agencies, tour operators and industry professionals who helped achieve this target once again.
Barrera urged workers in the travel industry sector to increase the quality in food, cultural and recreational activities and ensure that they are professional and hospitable towards guests to ensure that travellers continue to book their Cuba holidays in this beautiful beach region.
Barrera added that the addition of new Varadero hotels, stores and markets would also entice travellers to take holidays in Varadero. These include the reopening of the renowned Velazco Hotel in Matanzas city, and the refurbishment of 600 out of 1100 rooms at the RIU Varadero.
Situated 130 kilometres from Cuba's capital city, Havana, Varadero is the most well known beach resort on the Caribbean island.
Located in the Matanzas province, the coastal resort offers over 20 kilometres of white sandy beaches and a number of natural attractions including caves, the Hicacos Point Natural Park, Mangon Lake, the ruins of the La Calavera salt works, Parque Josone, a chain of virgin cays, and historical sites surrounding the cities of Matanzas and Cardenas.
Over the last ten years, Varadero has become a more luxury destination for travellers with the opening of several four and five-star hotels and resorts operated by international companies such as Melia Hotels and Barcelo. Varadero is also currently home to the only full golf course in Cuba.
The one-millionth-tourist arrival in Varadero was celebrated with the opening of a brand new restaurant which was run by the Barcelo Hotels and located at the Arenas Blancas-Solymar hotel complex.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...