Centara's new five-year plan includes new Sri Lanka hotels
The Centara hotel group has announced that it is expecting to expand its portfolio with the addition of new China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Sri Lanka hotels over the next five years placing a target of 10,000 rooms in total by 2013.
Centara, Thailand's largest hotel operator is looking to increase the number of properties in its collection over the next five years by owning, managing or operating a series of Malaysia, China, Indonesia and Sri Lanka hotels.
According to the chairman of Centara Hotels and Resorts, Suthikiati Chirathivat, many local and international hotel property owners were showing interest in the company's brand.
"The key success of Centara is location," he explained. "We have to find the best location in each area where we need to do business."
The hotel operator is expecting to increase its number of luxury hotels by 2013 and have set a target of 10,000 rooms in total, up from the current number of 7,500.
Centara will also be launching its new three-and-a-half-star brand, named Centra and focused on great value holidays, this month with the opening of the Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong in Phuket. The Centra Pattaya Resort, Centra Nova Hotel and Spa Pattaya, and Centra Sukhumvit 15 Hotel in Bangkok are expected to follow in 2012.
The company is also looking to acquire locations and properties for its two-star budget brand with a budget of 100 million baht for two properties in main location which will offer 150 rooms and an expected opening date in 2012 or 2013.
"Our investment will be spread in different ways to reduce the risk," Mr Suthikiati commented. "It depends on each location. In the next five years, we will expand our business to China, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Indonesia, and Malaysia."
The addition of new Sri Lanka hotels will add to the company's international presence just as Sri Lanka celebrates record numbers in tourist arrivals after the end of the decades-long civil war.
Centara Hotels and Resorts could become the first hotel brand to provide the choice of both budget and luxury resorts in Sri Lanka, which will attract global travellers on all budgets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...