Centara's new five-year plan includes new Sri Lanka hotels
The Centara hotel group has announced that it is expecting to expand its portfolio with the addition of new China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Sri Lanka hotels over the next five years placing a target of 10,000 rooms in total by 2013.
Centara, Thailand's largest hotel operator is looking to increase the number of properties in its collection over the next five years by owning, managing or operating a series of Malaysia, China, Indonesia and Sri Lanka hotels.
According to the chairman of Centara Hotels and Resorts, Suthikiati Chirathivat, many local and international hotel property owners were showing interest in the company's brand.
"The key success of Centara is location," he explained. "We have to find the best location in each area where we need to do business."
The hotel operator is expecting to increase its number of luxury hotels by 2013 and have set a target of 10,000 rooms in total, up from the current number of 7,500.
Centara will also be launching its new three-and-a-half-star brand, named Centra and focused on great value holidays, this month with the opening of the Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong in Phuket. The Centra Pattaya Resort, Centra Nova Hotel and Spa Pattaya, and Centra Sukhumvit 15 Hotel in Bangkok are expected to follow in 2012.
The company is also looking to acquire locations and properties for its two-star budget brand with a budget of 100 million baht for two properties in main location which will offer 150 rooms and an expected opening date in 2012 or 2013.
"Our investment will be spread in different ways to reduce the risk," Mr Suthikiati commented. "It depends on each location. In the next five years, we will expand our business to China, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Indonesia, and Malaysia."
The addition of new Sri Lanka hotels will add to the company's international presence just as Sri Lanka celebrates record numbers in tourist arrivals after the end of the decades-long civil war.
Centara Hotels and Resorts could become the first hotel brand to provide the choice of both budget and luxury resorts in Sri Lanka, which will attract global travellers on all budgets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...