Centara's new five-year plan includes new Sri Lanka hotels
The Centara hotel group has announced that it is expecting to expand its portfolio with the addition of new China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Sri Lanka hotels over the next five years placing a target of 10,000 rooms in total by 2013.
Centara, Thailand's largest hotel operator is looking to increase the number of properties in its collection over the next five years by owning, managing or operating a series of Malaysia, China, Indonesia and Sri Lanka hotels.
According to the chairman of Centara Hotels and Resorts, Suthikiati Chirathivat, many local and international hotel property owners were showing interest in the company's brand.
"The key success of Centara is location," he explained. "We have to find the best location in each area where we need to do business."
The hotel operator is expecting to increase its number of luxury hotels by 2013 and have set a target of 10,000 rooms in total, up from the current number of 7,500.
Centara will also be launching its new three-and-a-half-star brand, named Centra and focused on great value holidays, this month with the opening of the Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong in Phuket. The Centra Pattaya Resort, Centra Nova Hotel and Spa Pattaya, and Centra Sukhumvit 15 Hotel in Bangkok are expected to follow in 2012.
The company is also looking to acquire locations and properties for its two-star budget brand with a budget of 100 million baht for two properties in main location which will offer 150 rooms and an expected opening date in 2012 or 2013.
"Our investment will be spread in different ways to reduce the risk," Mr Suthikiati commented. "It depends on each location. In the next five years, we will expand our business to China, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Indonesia, and Malaysia."
The addition of new Sri Lanka hotels will add to the company's international presence just as Sri Lanka celebrates record numbers in tourist arrivals after the end of the decades-long civil war.
Centara Hotels and Resorts could become the first hotel brand to provide the choice of both budget and luxury resorts in Sri Lanka, which will attract global travellers on all budgets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...