Centara's new five-year plan includes new Sri Lanka hotels
The Centara hotel group has announced that it is expecting to expand its portfolio with the addition of new China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Sri Lanka hotels over the next five years placing a target of 10,000 rooms in total by 2013.
Centara, Thailand's largest hotel operator is looking to increase the number of properties in its collection over the next five years by owning, managing or operating a series of Malaysia, China, Indonesia and Sri Lanka hotels.
According to the chairman of Centara Hotels and Resorts, Suthikiati Chirathivat, many local and international hotel property owners were showing interest in the company's brand.
"The key success of Centara is location," he explained. "We have to find the best location in each area where we need to do business."
The hotel operator is expecting to increase its number of luxury hotels by 2013 and have set a target of 10,000 rooms in total, up from the current number of 7,500.
Centara will also be launching its new three-and-a-half-star brand, named Centra and focused on great value holidays, this month with the opening of the Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong in Phuket. The Centra Pattaya Resort, Centra Nova Hotel and Spa Pattaya, and Centra Sukhumvit 15 Hotel in Bangkok are expected to follow in 2012.
The company is also looking to acquire locations and properties for its two-star budget brand with a budget of 100 million baht for two properties in main location which will offer 150 rooms and an expected opening date in 2012 or 2013.
"Our investment will be spread in different ways to reduce the risk," Mr Suthikiati commented. "It depends on each location. In the next five years, we will expand our business to China, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Indonesia, and Malaysia."
The addition of new Sri Lanka hotels will add to the company's international presence just as Sri Lanka celebrates record numbers in tourist arrivals after the end of the decades-long civil war.
Centara Hotels and Resorts could become the first hotel brand to provide the choice of both budget and luxury resorts in Sri Lanka, which will attract global travellers on all budgets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...