Sofitel launches new luxury hotels in Mauritius, Cambodia and Austria
The hotel group, Sofitel, are celebrating the opening of three new properties around the world, one of which is a new Mauritius hotel which will feature 92 luxurious villas and suites, tropical gardens and access to a private white sand beach.
The hotel chain, Sofitel, have been celebrating the launch of three new hotels to its portfolio as Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom in Austria, Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra in Cambodia, and Sofitel So Mauritius, open their doors to guests.
Sofitel has been working with famous names in the design and architecture industry to bring French elegance to the design, furnishing and decor of the new hotels.
The new Mauritius hotel, Sofitel So Mauritius, is situated on the undeveloped southern coast of the Indian Ocean island and opened to tourist on Mauritius holidays on Wednesday 15th December 2010.
The luxury property was designed by two artists, the Thai architect Lek Bunnag and fashion designer Kenzo Takada.
With 92 individual suites and villas situated within beautiful natural landscapes, guests will be able to relax within tranquil surroundings at this Mauritius hotel which includes a natural lagoon, lush tropical gardens and a pristine white sand private beach.
Guests will have access to private gardens and outdoor ponds or pools, patios with outdoor showers, and luxury amenities, all within the comfort of their private suites or villas.
Visitors looking for a chance to unwind and indulge during their holiday in Mauritius can take advantage of the full range of treatments and natural products on offer at the So SPA. Expert therapists will be available with a selection of relaxing and rejuvenating treatments using natural ingredients such as local harvested fruits and spices.
Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom is the hotel group's debut property in Austria and is situated along the Danube Canal. Designer and architect, Jean Nouvel helped create the sleek 18-storey glass and steel structure of the property which also features the glass-walled "Le Loft" restaurant; and 182 monochromatic rooms, including 26 suites, with decor, and furnishing all in various shades of white, black and grey.
The Sofitel Phnom Penh Royal in Cambodia opened its doors on Saturday 18th December 2010 and is located on the banks of the Bassac River. The property features an International Conference Centre, 201 guest rooms including 35 luxury suites, four gourmet restaurants, the So SPA, a sports centre, clubhouse, tennis courts, two swimming pools, and lush tropical gardens.
The hotel group is scheduled to open Sofitel So Bangkok and Sofitel So Mumbai shortly.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...