Sofitel launches new luxury hotels in Mauritius, Cambodia and Austria
The hotel group, Sofitel, are celebrating the opening of three new properties around the world, one of which is a new Mauritius hotel which will feature 92 luxurious villas and suites, tropical gardens and access to a private white sand beach.
The hotel chain, Sofitel, have been celebrating the launch of three new hotels to its portfolio as Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom in Austria, Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra in Cambodia, and Sofitel So Mauritius, open their doors to guests.
Sofitel has been working with famous names in the design and architecture industry to bring French elegance to the design, furnishing and decor of the new hotels.
The new Mauritius hotel, Sofitel So Mauritius, is situated on the undeveloped southern coast of the Indian Ocean island and opened to tourist on Mauritius holidays on Wednesday 15th December 2010.
The luxury property was designed by two artists, the Thai architect Lek Bunnag and fashion designer Kenzo Takada.
With 92 individual suites and villas situated within beautiful natural landscapes, guests will be able to relax within tranquil surroundings at this Mauritius hotel which includes a natural lagoon, lush tropical gardens and a pristine white sand private beach.
Guests will have access to private gardens and outdoor ponds or pools, patios with outdoor showers, and luxury amenities, all within the comfort of their private suites or villas.
Visitors looking for a chance to unwind and indulge during their holiday in Mauritius can take advantage of the full range of treatments and natural products on offer at the So SPA. Expert therapists will be available with a selection of relaxing and rejuvenating treatments using natural ingredients such as local harvested fruits and spices.
Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom is the hotel group's debut property in Austria and is situated along the Danube Canal. Designer and architect, Jean Nouvel helped create the sleek 18-storey glass and steel structure of the property which also features the glass-walled "Le Loft" restaurant; and 182 monochromatic rooms, including 26 suites, with decor, and furnishing all in various shades of white, black and grey.
The Sofitel Phnom Penh Royal in Cambodia opened its doors on Saturday 18th December 2010 and is located on the banks of the Bassac River. The property features an International Conference Centre, 201 guest rooms including 35 luxury suites, four gourmet restaurants, the So SPA, a sports centre, clubhouse, tennis courts, two swimming pools, and lush tropical gardens.
The hotel group is scheduled to open Sofitel So Bangkok and Sofitel So Mumbai shortly.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Make memories that will last time a lifetime with the whole family with a beachfront adventure. Begin amongst the lush...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...