New mobile application launched for travellers on Seychelles holidays
Businesses which specialise in Seychelles holidays will be able to reap the benefits of a new mobile phone application which will feature a business directory, live weather forecasts, tourism events and a location service using Google Maps.
Companies specialising in the Seychelles holidays industry will have the opportunity to promote their products and services using a new mobile phone application.
The application will help promote companies such as Seychelles hotels, restaurants, and attractions, while providing information about tourism events and local landscapes such as beaches and nature parks.
The new application will enable local businesses to list their company in the Business Directory category or the Tourism News and Offers category, and users will also be able to check weather forecasts and use the location service through Google maps.
Tourists or business travellers planning to take Seychelles holidays will be able to download the application on their iPhones, Blackberrys, HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Sony Ericsson mobile phone devices. Users can also access the application from the Apple application store.
The Business Directory category will allow local business to list their products and services with a short paragraph describing their business, their contact details, and a location map using Google.
The Tourism News and Offers category will keep travellers who are enjoying Indian Ocean holidays on the beautiful island informed on events taking place during their stay, offers in restaurants and hotels, and information on how to access the island's idyllic beaches and attractions.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, congratulated the creator of the application, Daniella Payet-Alis, commenting:
"The new phone application will go a long way to help make Seychelles more visible, which is the marketing country's strategy for 2011. No single solution was available to Seychelles, and this latest initiative supported by the 'Seychelles Leisure and Business Guide' is welcomed especially when the Seychelles Tourism Board was forging ahead with its visibility program for Seychelles and will be launching the 2011 Seychelles 'Carnaval International de Victoria' as one of the island's most important event."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...