New mobile application launched for travellers on Seychelles holidays
Businesses which specialise in Seychelles holidays will be able to reap the benefits of a new mobile phone application which will feature a business directory, live weather forecasts, tourism events and a location service using Google Maps.
Companies specialising in the Seychelles holidays industry will have the opportunity to promote their products and services using a new mobile phone application.
The application will help promote companies such as Seychelles hotels, restaurants, and attractions, while providing information about tourism events and local landscapes such as beaches and nature parks.
The new application will enable local businesses to list their company in the Business Directory category or the Tourism News and Offers category, and users will also be able to check weather forecasts and use the location service through Google maps.
Tourists or business travellers planning to take Seychelles holidays will be able to download the application on their iPhones, Blackberrys, HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Sony Ericsson mobile phone devices. Users can also access the application from the Apple application store.
The Business Directory category will allow local business to list their products and services with a short paragraph describing their business, their contact details, and a location map using Google.
The Tourism News and Offers category will keep travellers who are enjoying Indian Ocean holidays on the beautiful island informed on events taking place during their stay, offers in restaurants and hotels, and information on how to access the island's idyllic beaches and attractions.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, congratulated the creator of the application, Daniella Payet-Alis, commenting:
"The new phone application will go a long way to help make Seychelles more visible, which is the marketing country's strategy for 2011. No single solution was available to Seychelles, and this latest initiative supported by the 'Seychelles Leisure and Business Guide' is welcomed especially when the Seychelles Tourism Board was forging ahead with its visibility program for Seychelles and will be launching the 2011 Seychelles 'Carnaval International de Victoria' as one of the island's most important event."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Indulge yourself at the long white beaches in Seychelles before exploring the cultural highlights of Abu Dhabi
- Great savings on this combination
- Stunning beaches and excellent luxury hotels in both destinations
- Relax at the paradise in Seychelles before exploring the highlights of Abu Dhabi in just one trip
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan' coastline the Castello Beach Hotel is an all-year-round...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....