New mobile application launched for travellers on Seychelles holidays
Businesses which specialise in Seychelles holidays will be able to reap the benefits of a new mobile phone application which will feature a business directory, live weather forecasts, tourism events and a location service using Google Maps.
Companies specialising in the Seychelles holidays industry will have the opportunity to promote their products and services using a new mobile phone application.
The application will help promote companies such as Seychelles hotels, restaurants, and attractions, while providing information about tourism events and local landscapes such as beaches and nature parks.
The new application will enable local businesses to list their company in the Business Directory category or the Tourism News and Offers category, and users will also be able to check weather forecasts and use the location service through Google maps.
Tourists or business travellers planning to take Seychelles holidays will be able to download the application on their iPhones, Blackberrys, HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Sony Ericsson mobile phone devices. Users can also access the application from the Apple application store.
The Business Directory category will allow local business to list their products and services with a short paragraph describing their business, their contact details, and a location map using Google.
The Tourism News and Offers category will keep travellers who are enjoying Indian Ocean holidays on the beautiful island informed on events taking place during their stay, offers in restaurants and hotels, and information on how to access the island's idyllic beaches and attractions.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, congratulated the creator of the application, Daniella Payet-Alis, commenting:
"The new phone application will go a long way to help make Seychelles more visible, which is the marketing country's strategy for 2011. No single solution was available to Seychelles, and this latest initiative supported by the 'Seychelles Leisure and Business Guide' is welcomed especially when the Seychelles Tourism Board was forging ahead with its visibility program for Seychelles and will be launching the 2011 Seychelles 'Carnaval International de Victoria' as one of the island's most important event."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Majestically sitting upon Seychelles' beautiful southwest coast and facing a pristine secluded beach, the magic of Maia...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....