New mobile application launched for travellers on Seychelles holidays
Businesses which specialise in Seychelles holidays will be able to reap the benefits of a new mobile phone application which will feature a business directory, live weather forecasts, tourism events and a location service using Google Maps.
Companies specialising in the Seychelles holidays industry will have the opportunity to promote their products and services using a new mobile phone application.
The application will help promote companies such as Seychelles hotels, restaurants, and attractions, while providing information about tourism events and local landscapes such as beaches and nature parks.
The new application will enable local businesses to list their company in the Business Directory category or the Tourism News and Offers category, and users will also be able to check weather forecasts and use the location service through Google maps.
Tourists or business travellers planning to take Seychelles holidays will be able to download the application on their iPhones, Blackberrys, HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Sony Ericsson mobile phone devices. Users can also access the application from the Apple application store.
The Business Directory category will allow local business to list their products and services with a short paragraph describing their business, their contact details, and a location map using Google.
The Tourism News and Offers category will keep travellers who are enjoying Indian Ocean holidays on the beautiful island informed on events taking place during their stay, offers in restaurants and hotels, and information on how to access the island's idyllic beaches and attractions.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, congratulated the creator of the application, Daniella Payet-Alis, commenting:
"The new phone application will go a long way to help make Seychelles more visible, which is the marketing country's strategy for 2011. No single solution was available to Seychelles, and this latest initiative supported by the 'Seychelles Leisure and Business Guide' is welcomed especially when the Seychelles Tourism Board was forging ahead with its visibility program for Seychelles and will be launching the 2011 Seychelles 'Carnaval International de Victoria' as one of the island's most important event."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffet
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...