Tom Cruise posts "Thank You Letter" to Dubai
A letter posted by Tom Cruise on his blog thanking Dubai's Prime Minister, Sheikh Mohammad, for the country's assistance in filming of the latest Mission Impossible film, has also highlighted the destination for travellers booking Dubai holidays.
Tom Cruise has posted a letter on his blog, thanking Dubai and its Prime Minister and UAE Vice-President, Sheikh Mohammad, for it hospitality and support as he filmed the latest Mission Impossible film in the country.
The Hollywood actor highlighted the destination as fantastic spot for Dubai holidays with a range of activities for visitors of all ages to take part in including scuba diving, indoor skiing and go-karting.
Some of the scenes for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Dubai were shot in the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa, a popular tourist attraction for visitors enjoying Dubai holidays.
It is hoped that the impending release of the new film will encourage travellers to book their holidays to the Emirate and choose from luxury, family friendly and beachfront Dubai hotels.
The letter posted on Mr Cruise's blog read:
Thank you Dubai:
We just wrapped shooting MI: Ghost Protocol in Dubai and I would like to take this opportunity to extend a sincere thank you to His Highness Sheikh Mohammad and the team he assembled to assist us with our very successful and productive time in his Emirate.
We were given a very unique opportunity to shoot in a location that has, up to this point, not been featured on film. I shot in many locations around the country including many exhilarating days filming scenes in IMAX on the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
Dubai is an exceptionally beautiful and very family friendly location. My family and I spent our evenings at the water park, go-karting, indoor skiing, shopping, scuba diving, camel riding, desert dune bashing, and we still didn't fit in all that there is to enjoy!
The warmth, hospitality and generosity of spirit extended to all of us by His Highness and the people of Dubai will long be remembered and appreciated.
We could not have accomplished all that we needed to get done without the hard work and dedication of our Dubai and Prague crews. It was a great pleasure working with all of you; you did a fantastic job!
My family and I send our warmest wishes for the coming holidays and continued good health and prosperity in the coming year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Regarded as one of Dubai's most luxury hotels, Marina View Apartments is ideally located in the centre of Dubai's...