Tom Cruise posts "Thank You Letter" to Dubai
A letter posted by Tom Cruise on his blog thanking Dubai's Prime Minister, Sheikh Mohammad, for the country's assistance in filming of the latest Mission Impossible film, has also highlighted the destination for travellers booking Dubai holidays.
Tom Cruise has posted a letter on his blog, thanking Dubai and its Prime Minister and UAE Vice-President, Sheikh Mohammad, for it hospitality and support as he filmed the latest Mission Impossible film in the country.
The Hollywood actor highlighted the destination as fantastic spot for Dubai holidays with a range of activities for visitors of all ages to take part in including scuba diving, indoor skiing and go-karting.
Some of the scenes for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Dubai were shot in the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa, a popular tourist attraction for visitors enjoying Dubai holidays.
It is hoped that the impending release of the new film will encourage travellers to book their holidays to the Emirate and choose from luxury, family friendly and beachfront Dubai hotels.
The letter posted on Mr Cruise's blog read:
Thank you Dubai:
We just wrapped shooting MI: Ghost Protocol in Dubai and I would like to take this opportunity to extend a sincere thank you to His Highness Sheikh Mohammad and the team he assembled to assist us with our very successful and productive time in his Emirate.
We were given a very unique opportunity to shoot in a location that has, up to this point, not been featured on film. I shot in many locations around the country including many exhilarating days filming scenes in IMAX on the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
Dubai is an exceptionally beautiful and very family friendly location. My family and I spent our evenings at the water park, go-karting, indoor skiing, shopping, scuba diving, camel riding, desert dune bashing, and we still didn't fit in all that there is to enjoy!
The warmth, hospitality and generosity of spirit extended to all of us by His Highness and the people of Dubai will long be remembered and appreciated.
We could not have accomplished all that we needed to get done without the hard work and dedication of our Dubai and Prague crews. It was a great pleasure working with all of you; you did a fantastic job!
My family and I send our warmest wishes for the coming holidays and continued good health and prosperity in the coming year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...