Tom Cruise posts "Thank You Letter" to Dubai
A letter posted by Tom Cruise on his blog thanking Dubai's Prime Minister, Sheikh Mohammad, for the country's assistance in filming of the latest Mission Impossible film, has also highlighted the destination for travellers booking Dubai holidays.
Tom Cruise has posted a letter on his blog, thanking Dubai and its Prime Minister and UAE Vice-President, Sheikh Mohammad, for it hospitality and support as he filmed the latest Mission Impossible film in the country.
The Hollywood actor highlighted the destination as fantastic spot for Dubai holidays with a range of activities for visitors of all ages to take part in including scuba diving, indoor skiing and go-karting.
Some of the scenes for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Dubai were shot in the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa, a popular tourist attraction for visitors enjoying Dubai holidays.
It is hoped that the impending release of the new film will encourage travellers to book their holidays to the Emirate and choose from luxury, family friendly and beachfront Dubai hotels.
The letter posted on Mr Cruise's blog read:
Thank you Dubai:
We just wrapped shooting MI: Ghost Protocol in Dubai and I would like to take this opportunity to extend a sincere thank you to His Highness Sheikh Mohammad and the team he assembled to assist us with our very successful and productive time in his Emirate.
We were given a very unique opportunity to shoot in a location that has, up to this point, not been featured on film. I shot in many locations around the country including many exhilarating days filming scenes in IMAX on the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
Dubai is an exceptionally beautiful and very family friendly location. My family and I spent our evenings at the water park, go-karting, indoor skiing, shopping, scuba diving, camel riding, desert dune bashing, and we still didn't fit in all that there is to enjoy!
The warmth, hospitality and generosity of spirit extended to all of us by His Highness and the people of Dubai will long be remembered and appreciated.
We could not have accomplished all that we needed to get done without the hard work and dedication of our Dubai and Prague crews. It was a great pleasure working with all of you; you did a fantastic job!
My family and I send our warmest wishes for the coming holidays and continued good health and prosperity in the coming year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...