Tom Cruise posts "Thank You Letter" to Dubai
A letter posted by Tom Cruise on his blog thanking Dubai's Prime Minister, Sheikh Mohammad, for the country's assistance in filming of the latest Mission Impossible film, has also highlighted the destination for travellers booking Dubai holidays.
Tom Cruise has posted a letter on his blog, thanking Dubai and its Prime Minister and UAE Vice-President, Sheikh Mohammad, for it hospitality and support as he filmed the latest Mission Impossible film in the country.
The Hollywood actor highlighted the destination as fantastic spot for Dubai holidays with a range of activities for visitors of all ages to take part in including scuba diving, indoor skiing and go-karting.
Some of the scenes for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Dubai were shot in the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa, a popular tourist attraction for visitors enjoying Dubai holidays.
It is hoped that the impending release of the new film will encourage travellers to book their holidays to the Emirate and choose from luxury, family friendly and beachfront Dubai hotels.
The letter posted on Mr Cruise's blog read:
Thank you Dubai:
We just wrapped shooting MI: Ghost Protocol in Dubai and I would like to take this opportunity to extend a sincere thank you to His Highness Sheikh Mohammad and the team he assembled to assist us with our very successful and productive time in his Emirate.
We were given a very unique opportunity to shoot in a location that has, up to this point, not been featured on film. I shot in many locations around the country including many exhilarating days filming scenes in IMAX on the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
Dubai is an exceptionally beautiful and very family friendly location. My family and I spent our evenings at the water park, go-karting, indoor skiing, shopping, scuba diving, camel riding, desert dune bashing, and we still didn't fit in all that there is to enjoy!
The warmth, hospitality and generosity of spirit extended to all of us by His Highness and the people of Dubai will long be remembered and appreciated.
We could not have accomplished all that we needed to get done without the hard work and dedication of our Dubai and Prague crews. It was a great pleasure working with all of you; you did a fantastic job!
My family and I send our warmest wishes for the coming holidays and continued good health and prosperity in the coming year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...