Seychelles Tourism Board and South Africa launch joint marketing venture in South America
The National Office of Tourism Seychelles, Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency and Cape Town Routes Unlimited have created a joint destination marketing project to promote South Africa and Seychelles holidays in South America.
A new venture has been launched by the National Office of Tourism Seychelles and South African tourism marketing groups to encourage travellers from South America to book South Africa and Seychelles holidays.
The National Office of Tourism Seychelles will be working alongside Sundance Tours, Argentina's leading boutique specialists in South Africa and the Indian Ocean; Cape Town Routes Unlimited; and Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency, where they will pool their marketing resources into one campaign which is set to be launched in South America.
The marketing project will include the promotion of a series of six itinerary programs under the title "Unforgettable Places" to major travel agencies across Buenos Aires.
The venture is expected to encourage South American travellers to consider booking twin centre holidays by combining South Africa breaks with Seychelles holidays.
A seminar was held to discuss the venture which attracted 142 travel agency owners, senior sales specialists, travel media, consumer media travel publications and cable TV travel journalists.
Cape Town is just a seven hour and fifteen minute flight from Buenos Aires and the recent coverage from the World Cup has made the South African destination popular amongst South American travellers, particularly the Argentine population.
David Germain, Director for Africa and the Americas for the Seychelles Tourism Board, said: "Tourism on our continent will hit new heights when we in Africa work together to be united in our drive to attract visitors to our part of the world, and this initiative is a clear example how countries complimenting one another can work together towards a "win-win" situation for all."
The campaign is also expected to lure travellers from South America to the pristine white sand beaches, luxury Seychelles hotels and traditional Creole culture and cuisine.
Executive Manager for International Marketing at Cape Town Routes Unlimited, David Frandsen, said: "This campaign is the realization of creative destination marketing combining the unique beauty and cosmopolitan lifestyle of one of the world's globally iconic cities and regions with some of Africa's top safari experiences together with an idyllic tropical island destination boasting some of the world's most beautiful beaches and marine environments."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
This luxury holiday lets you discover the best of two worlds
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Indian Ocean from the all villa Banyan Tree Seychelles
- Benefit from a perfect location in Dubai to discover the best of the city in just few days
- Combine stunning beaches and relaxation with the city of superlatives and experience two worlds in one holiday
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island and stay at the...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...