Seychelles Tourism Board and South Africa launch joint marketing venture in South America
The National Office of Tourism Seychelles, Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency and Cape Town Routes Unlimited have created a joint destination marketing project to promote South Africa and Seychelles holidays in South America.
A new venture has been launched by the National Office of Tourism Seychelles and South African tourism marketing groups to encourage travellers from South America to book South Africa and Seychelles holidays.
The National Office of Tourism Seychelles will be working alongside Sundance Tours, Argentina's leading boutique specialists in South Africa and the Indian Ocean; Cape Town Routes Unlimited; and Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency, where they will pool their marketing resources into one campaign which is set to be launched in South America.
The marketing project will include the promotion of a series of six itinerary programs under the title "Unforgettable Places" to major travel agencies across Buenos Aires.
The venture is expected to encourage South American travellers to consider booking twin centre holidays by combining South Africa breaks with Seychelles holidays.
A seminar was held to discuss the venture which attracted 142 travel agency owners, senior sales specialists, travel media, consumer media travel publications and cable TV travel journalists.
Cape Town is just a seven hour and fifteen minute flight from Buenos Aires and the recent coverage from the World Cup has made the South African destination popular amongst South American travellers, particularly the Argentine population.
David Germain, Director for Africa and the Americas for the Seychelles Tourism Board, said: "Tourism on our continent will hit new heights when we in Africa work together to be united in our drive to attract visitors to our part of the world, and this initiative is a clear example how countries complimenting one another can work together towards a "win-win" situation for all."
The campaign is also expected to lure travellers from South America to the pristine white sand beaches, luxury Seychelles hotels and traditional Creole culture and cuisine.
Executive Manager for International Marketing at Cape Town Routes Unlimited, David Frandsen, said: "This campaign is the realization of creative destination marketing combining the unique beauty and cosmopolitan lifestyle of one of the world's globally iconic cities and regions with some of Africa's top safari experiences together with an idyllic tropical island destination boasting some of the world's most beautiful beaches and marine environments."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...