Flydubai acquires four new 737s with fibre-optic in-flight entertainment
Flydubai is adding four new aircraft to its fleet with the addition of new Boeing 737-800s which will be arriving within a few weeks ready to provide travellers on Dubai holidays luxury new comforts including fibre-optic in-flight entertainment systems.
Dubai's low cost airline, Flydubai, will be acquiring four new Boeing 737-800 aircraft over the next few weeks, expanding its fleet to 13 aircraft. The new aircraft will offer new luxury comforts for travellers taking Dubai holidays including fibre-optic entertainment systems.
The new "Fibre to the Screen" (FTTS) in-flight entertainment system from Lumexis is thinner and lighter than previous models and they fit comfortable into the Recaro passenger seats which are fitted in Flydubai's aircraft.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of Flydubai, said: "These new additions show Flydubai's continued growth, with 13 planes now servicing 28 routes in just 18 months. These numbers show phenomenal growth and we show no sign of slowing down, with ambitious growth plans that see us expanding still over the coming months.
"Our four new aircraft are at the cutting edge of air travel and we are certain our customers will enjoy the added comforts that these new planes have to offer."
Passengers onboard flights to Dubai will be able to enjoy the best in-flight entertainment on the market whilst continuing to pay low prices for their flights taking them on their Dubai holidays. The entertainment will be available to passengers as an optional add-on just like baggage and meals. Travellers can then choose what they want to watch depending on how much they want to spend during the flights.
The new aircraft will also feature the new 737 Boeing Sky Interior which will give passengers the comfort onboard with subtle mood lighting which simulates night time, daytime, and sunset/ sunrise lighting. The cabins will also offer more spacious overhead lockers for increased storage.
Flydubai was founded in March 2008 by the Government of Dubai with its commercial flights launching in June 2009. The airline operates flights to 28 destinations and give travellers the choice to enjoy twin centre holidays with its routes including multiple destinations in Egypt including Alexandria, Luxor and Assiut; Damascus, Aleppo and Latakia in Syria; Saudi Arabia; Yekaterinburg and Samara in Russia; Iraq; Sri Lanka; Turkey; India; Sudan; Qatar; Oman; Nepal; Bahrain; Turkmenistan; and Azerbaijan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...