Flydubai acquires four new 737s with fibre-optic in-flight entertainment
Flydubai is adding four new aircraft to its fleet with the addition of new Boeing 737-800s which will be arriving within a few weeks ready to provide travellers on Dubai holidays luxury new comforts including fibre-optic in-flight entertainment systems.
Dubai's low cost airline, Flydubai, will be acquiring four new Boeing 737-800 aircraft over the next few weeks, expanding its fleet to 13 aircraft. The new aircraft will offer new luxury comforts for travellers taking Dubai holidays including fibre-optic entertainment systems.
The new "Fibre to the Screen" (FTTS) in-flight entertainment system from Lumexis is thinner and lighter than previous models and they fit comfortable into the Recaro passenger seats which are fitted in Flydubai's aircraft.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of Flydubai, said: "These new additions show Flydubai's continued growth, with 13 planes now servicing 28 routes in just 18 months. These numbers show phenomenal growth and we show no sign of slowing down, with ambitious growth plans that see us expanding still over the coming months.
"Our four new aircraft are at the cutting edge of air travel and we are certain our customers will enjoy the added comforts that these new planes have to offer."
Passengers onboard flights to Dubai will be able to enjoy the best in-flight entertainment on the market whilst continuing to pay low prices for their flights taking them on their Dubai holidays. The entertainment will be available to passengers as an optional add-on just like baggage and meals. Travellers can then choose what they want to watch depending on how much they want to spend during the flights.
The new aircraft will also feature the new 737 Boeing Sky Interior which will give passengers the comfort onboard with subtle mood lighting which simulates night time, daytime, and sunset/ sunrise lighting. The cabins will also offer more spacious overhead lockers for increased storage.
Flydubai was founded in March 2008 by the Government of Dubai with its commercial flights launching in June 2009. The airline operates flights to 28 destinations and give travellers the choice to enjoy twin centre holidays with its routes including multiple destinations in Egypt including Alexandria, Luxor and Assiut; Damascus, Aleppo and Latakia in Syria; Saudi Arabia; Yekaterinburg and Samara in Russia; Iraq; Sri Lanka; Turkey; India; Sudan; Qatar; Oman; Nepal; Bahrain; Turkmenistan; and Azerbaijan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...