Flydubai acquires four new 737s with fibre-optic in-flight entertainment
Flydubai is adding four new aircraft to its fleet with the addition of new Boeing 737-800s which will be arriving within a few weeks ready to provide travellers on Dubai holidays luxury new comforts including fibre-optic in-flight entertainment systems.
Dubai's low cost airline, Flydubai, will be acquiring four new Boeing 737-800 aircraft over the next few weeks, expanding its fleet to 13 aircraft. The new aircraft will offer new luxury comforts for travellers taking Dubai holidays including fibre-optic entertainment systems.
The new "Fibre to the Screen" (FTTS) in-flight entertainment system from Lumexis is thinner and lighter than previous models and they fit comfortable into the Recaro passenger seats which are fitted in Flydubai's aircraft.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of Flydubai, said: "These new additions show Flydubai's continued growth, with 13 planes now servicing 28 routes in just 18 months. These numbers show phenomenal growth and we show no sign of slowing down, with ambitious growth plans that see us expanding still over the coming months.
"Our four new aircraft are at the cutting edge of air travel and we are certain our customers will enjoy the added comforts that these new planes have to offer."
Passengers onboard flights to Dubai will be able to enjoy the best in-flight entertainment on the market whilst continuing to pay low prices for their flights taking them on their Dubai holidays. The entertainment will be available to passengers as an optional add-on just like baggage and meals. Travellers can then choose what they want to watch depending on how much they want to spend during the flights.
The new aircraft will also feature the new 737 Boeing Sky Interior which will give passengers the comfort onboard with subtle mood lighting which simulates night time, daytime, and sunset/ sunrise lighting. The cabins will also offer more spacious overhead lockers for increased storage.
Flydubai was founded in March 2008 by the Government of Dubai with its commercial flights launching in June 2009. The airline operates flights to 28 destinations and give travellers the choice to enjoy twin centre holidays with its routes including multiple destinations in Egypt including Alexandria, Luxor and Assiut; Damascus, Aleppo and Latakia in Syria; Saudi Arabia; Yekaterinburg and Samara in Russia; Iraq; Sri Lanka; Turkey; India; Sudan; Qatar; Oman; Nepal; Bahrain; Turkmenistan; and Azerbaijan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...