Flydubai acquires four new 737s with fibre-optic in-flight entertainment
Flydubai is adding four new aircraft to its fleet with the addition of new Boeing 737-800s which will be arriving within a few weeks ready to provide travellers on Dubai holidays luxury new comforts including fibre-optic in-flight entertainment systems.
Dubai's low cost airline, Flydubai, will be acquiring four new Boeing 737-800 aircraft over the next few weeks, expanding its fleet to 13 aircraft. The new aircraft will offer new luxury comforts for travellers taking Dubai holidays including fibre-optic entertainment systems.
The new "Fibre to the Screen" (FTTS) in-flight entertainment system from Lumexis is thinner and lighter than previous models and they fit comfortable into the Recaro passenger seats which are fitted in Flydubai's aircraft.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of Flydubai, said: "These new additions show Flydubai's continued growth, with 13 planes now servicing 28 routes in just 18 months. These numbers show phenomenal growth and we show no sign of slowing down, with ambitious growth plans that see us expanding still over the coming months.
"Our four new aircraft are at the cutting edge of air travel and we are certain our customers will enjoy the added comforts that these new planes have to offer."
Passengers onboard flights to Dubai will be able to enjoy the best in-flight entertainment on the market whilst continuing to pay low prices for their flights taking them on their Dubai holidays. The entertainment will be available to passengers as an optional add-on just like baggage and meals. Travellers can then choose what they want to watch depending on how much they want to spend during the flights.
The new aircraft will also feature the new 737 Boeing Sky Interior which will give passengers the comfort onboard with subtle mood lighting which simulates night time, daytime, and sunset/ sunrise lighting. The cabins will also offer more spacious overhead lockers for increased storage.
Flydubai was founded in March 2008 by the Government of Dubai with its commercial flights launching in June 2009. The airline operates flights to 28 destinations and give travellers the choice to enjoy twin centre holidays with its routes including multiple destinations in Egypt including Alexandria, Luxor and Assiut; Damascus, Aleppo and Latakia in Syria; Saudi Arabia; Yekaterinburg and Samara in Russia; Iraq; Sri Lanka; Turkey; India; Sudan; Qatar; Oman; Nepal; Bahrain; Turkmenistan; and Azerbaijan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...