Flydubai acquires four new 737s with fibre-optic in-flight entertainment
Flydubai is adding four new aircraft to its fleet with the addition of new Boeing 737-800s which will be arriving within a few weeks ready to provide travellers on Dubai holidays luxury new comforts including fibre-optic in-flight entertainment systems.
Dubai's low cost airline, Flydubai, will be acquiring four new Boeing 737-800 aircraft over the next few weeks, expanding its fleet to 13 aircraft. The new aircraft will offer new luxury comforts for travellers taking Dubai holidays including fibre-optic entertainment systems.
The new "Fibre to the Screen" (FTTS) in-flight entertainment system from Lumexis is thinner and lighter than previous models and they fit comfortable into the Recaro passenger seats which are fitted in Flydubai's aircraft.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of Flydubai, said: "These new additions show Flydubai's continued growth, with 13 planes now servicing 28 routes in just 18 months. These numbers show phenomenal growth and we show no sign of slowing down, with ambitious growth plans that see us expanding still over the coming months.
"Our four new aircraft are at the cutting edge of air travel and we are certain our customers will enjoy the added comforts that these new planes have to offer."
Passengers onboard flights to Dubai will be able to enjoy the best in-flight entertainment on the market whilst continuing to pay low prices for their flights taking them on their Dubai holidays. The entertainment will be available to passengers as an optional add-on just like baggage and meals. Travellers can then choose what they want to watch depending on how much they want to spend during the flights.
The new aircraft will also feature the new 737 Boeing Sky Interior which will give passengers the comfort onboard with subtle mood lighting which simulates night time, daytime, and sunset/ sunrise lighting. The cabins will also offer more spacious overhead lockers for increased storage.
Flydubai was founded in March 2008 by the Government of Dubai with its commercial flights launching in June 2009. The airline operates flights to 28 destinations and give travellers the choice to enjoy twin centre holidays with its routes including multiple destinations in Egypt including Alexandria, Luxor and Assiut; Damascus, Aleppo and Latakia in Syria; Saudi Arabia; Yekaterinburg and Samara in Russia; Iraq; Sri Lanka; Turkey; India; Sudan; Qatar; Oman; Nepal; Bahrain; Turkmenistan; and Azerbaijan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...