Air Mauritius sacks its Chief Executive Officer
Air Mauritius, the airline which is the nation's major carrier operating flights to Mauritius and 30 destinations over the world, has sacked its Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect and has put the company's Chief Finance Officer in charge.
The Chief Executive Officer of Air Mauritius has been sacked with immediate effect and Chief Finance Officer has replaced him according to the airline. The nation's national airline which offers flights to Mauritius and 30 other global destinations did not give a reason as to why Soobhiraj Bungsraz has been removed from the board of directors, just two months after he began his new appointment for the company.
The airline said in a statement last Wednesday 7th December 2010 that the Chief Finance Officer, Andries Viljoen, will be taking over the airline until further notice.
Air Mauritius is based in Port Louis and was established in 1967 initially as a travel agent. By 1972 the airline was created with the launch of flights to Mauritius using a six-seater Piper-PA-31 Navajo aircraft between Mauritius and Reunion Island.
The airline moved onto international operations in 1977 operating Boeing 747 and Boeing 707's and the airline acquired the Airbus A340 in 1994. Over recent years, Air Mauritius has upgraded its aircraft and it now offers a number of routes to over 30 destinations across the world as well as bringing international visitors on their Mauritius holidays.
Air Mauritius operates flights to a number of destinations across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, India and Asia and is also one of the few airlines in the world which offers helicopter services.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and a popular destination for couples getting married abroad or enjoying exotic honeymoons.
Mauritius is one of the Mascarene Islands along with Reunion and Rodrigues and features stunning scenery made up of pristine white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, lush green mountains, and forests. The island is surrounded by beautiful coral reef and calm shallow turquoise waters making it a perfect destination for snorkelling.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...