Air Mauritius sacks its Chief Executive Officer
Air Mauritius, the airline which is the nation's major carrier operating flights to Mauritius and 30 destinations over the world, has sacked its Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect and has put the company's Chief Finance Officer in charge.
The Chief Executive Officer of Air Mauritius has been sacked with immediate effect and Chief Finance Officer has replaced him according to the airline. The nation's national airline which offers flights to Mauritius and 30 other global destinations did not give a reason as to why Soobhiraj Bungsraz has been removed from the board of directors, just two months after he began his new appointment for the company.
The airline said in a statement last Wednesday 7th December 2010 that the Chief Finance Officer, Andries Viljoen, will be taking over the airline until further notice.
Air Mauritius is based in Port Louis and was established in 1967 initially as a travel agent. By 1972 the airline was created with the launch of flights to Mauritius using a six-seater Piper-PA-31 Navajo aircraft between Mauritius and Reunion Island.
The airline moved onto international operations in 1977 operating Boeing 747 and Boeing 707's and the airline acquired the Airbus A340 in 1994. Over recent years, Air Mauritius has upgraded its aircraft and it now offers a number of routes to over 30 destinations across the world as well as bringing international visitors on their Mauritius holidays.
Air Mauritius operates flights to a number of destinations across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, India and Asia and is also one of the few airlines in the world which offers helicopter services.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and a popular destination for couples getting married abroad or enjoying exotic honeymoons.
Mauritius is one of the Mascarene Islands along with Reunion and Rodrigues and features stunning scenery made up of pristine white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, lush green mountains, and forests. The island is surrounded by beautiful coral reef and calm shallow turquoise waters making it a perfect destination for snorkelling.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...