Air Mauritius sacks its Chief Executive Officer
Air Mauritius, the airline which is the nation's major carrier operating flights to Mauritius and 30 destinations over the world, has sacked its Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect and has put the company's Chief Finance Officer in charge.
The Chief Executive Officer of Air Mauritius has been sacked with immediate effect and Chief Finance Officer has replaced him according to the airline. The nation's national airline which offers flights to Mauritius and 30 other global destinations did not give a reason as to why Soobhiraj Bungsraz has been removed from the board of directors, just two months after he began his new appointment for the company.
The airline said in a statement last Wednesday 7th December 2010 that the Chief Finance Officer, Andries Viljoen, will be taking over the airline until further notice.
Air Mauritius is based in Port Louis and was established in 1967 initially as a travel agent. By 1972 the airline was created with the launch of flights to Mauritius using a six-seater Piper-PA-31 Navajo aircraft between Mauritius and Reunion Island.
The airline moved onto international operations in 1977 operating Boeing 747 and Boeing 707's and the airline acquired the Airbus A340 in 1994. Over recent years, Air Mauritius has upgraded its aircraft and it now offers a number of routes to over 30 destinations across the world as well as bringing international visitors on their Mauritius holidays.
Air Mauritius operates flights to a number of destinations across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, India and Asia and is also one of the few airlines in the world which offers helicopter services.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the southwest Indian Ocean and a popular destination for couples getting married abroad or enjoying exotic honeymoons.
Mauritius is one of the Mascarene Islands along with Reunion and Rodrigues and features stunning scenery made up of pristine white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, lush green mountains, and forests. The island is surrounded by beautiful coral reef and calm shallow turquoise waters making it a perfect destination for snorkelling.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...