Zegrahm Cruise Company adds mini Sri Lanka holidays to itinerary
Zegrahm Expeditions is offering travellers on Sri Lanka holidays the chance to explore the island's stunning sights with a series of voyages taking holidaymakers to places off the beaten track including white sand beaches, rainforests and national parks.
Travellers enjoying Sri Lanka holidays with Zegrahm Expeditions in 2011 will be able to experience the beauty of the island with a series of voyages onboard the 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey.
The adventure cruise operator will be launching four voyages in 2011 which stop off at numerous sights off the beaten track including the pristine white sand beaches, lush tropical rainforests, and thriving national parks.
Two of the new voyages, "The Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea" (17th January – 6th February 2011), and the "India and the Maldives with Sri Lanka and Lakshadweeps" (17th December – 3rd January 2011), will include two-day Sri Lanka holidays. Passengers can visit the 1000-year-old sites on the island such as the cave temple complex, the Golden Temple of Dambulla, and the Temple of the Tooth which is home to the tooth of the Buddha, enclosed in gold caskets. The excursions will include overnight accommodation in Habarna Village.
Tourist taking Indian Ocean holidays onboard the cruise liner can enjoy "Splendours of India with Sri Lanka" from 1st – 17th February 2011 and "Southern India by Sea with Sri Lanka" from 7th – 21st December 2011). The voyages include full day trips to Galle and its famous World Heritage Site, the Dutch colonial era fort, and the magnificent Poorvarama Temple. The second day of the holidays in Sri Lanka will be spent visiting the Temple of the Tooth and surrounding historic sites and include accommodation in Kandy in the hills.
Sri Lanka is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean and is made up of lush green rolling hills, mountains, stunning coastline and white sand beaches, historic sites and national parks including the Yala National Park in the southeast, and the Wilpattu National Park in the northwest, where tourists can experience sighting so elephants, deer, pelicans, storks, peacocks and ibis birds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...