Zegrahm Cruise Company adds mini Sri Lanka holidays to itinerary
Zegrahm Expeditions is offering travellers on Sri Lanka holidays the chance to explore the island's stunning sights with a series of voyages taking holidaymakers to places off the beaten track including white sand beaches, rainforests and national parks.
Travellers enjoying Sri Lanka holidays with Zegrahm Expeditions in 2011 will be able to experience the beauty of the island with a series of voyages onboard the 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey.
The adventure cruise operator will be launching four voyages in 2011 which stop off at numerous sights off the beaten track including the pristine white sand beaches, lush tropical rainforests, and thriving national parks.
Two of the new voyages, "The Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea" (17th January – 6th February 2011), and the "India and the Maldives with Sri Lanka and Lakshadweeps" (17th December – 3rd January 2011), will include two-day Sri Lanka holidays. Passengers can visit the 1000-year-old sites on the island such as the cave temple complex, the Golden Temple of Dambulla, and the Temple of the Tooth which is home to the tooth of the Buddha, enclosed in gold caskets. The excursions will include overnight accommodation in Habarna Village.
Tourist taking Indian Ocean holidays onboard the cruise liner can enjoy "Splendours of India with Sri Lanka" from 1st – 17th February 2011 and "Southern India by Sea with Sri Lanka" from 7th – 21st December 2011). The voyages include full day trips to Galle and its famous World Heritage Site, the Dutch colonial era fort, and the magnificent Poorvarama Temple. The second day of the holidays in Sri Lanka will be spent visiting the Temple of the Tooth and surrounding historic sites and include accommodation in Kandy in the hills.
Sri Lanka is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean and is made up of lush green rolling hills, mountains, stunning coastline and white sand beaches, historic sites and national parks including the Yala National Park in the southeast, and the Wilpattu National Park in the northwest, where tourists can experience sighting so elephants, deer, pelicans, storks, peacocks and ibis birds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than the Sri Lankan town...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...