Playa Guiones - A Mecca for surfers on Costa Rica holidays
Surfers planning their Costa Rica holidays will find a little piece of paradise at Playa Guiones, a remote jungle hamlet with a beautiful pristine palm-infringed beach and crescent shaped cove which provides excellent surfing conditions.
Though Playa Guiones may not be as well known as the Gold Coast in Australia or the Northern shores of Hawaii, this picturesque beach offers excellent conditions for surfers enjoying their Costa Rica holidays.
The remote jungle hamlet is situated in the Nosara region on the central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Playa Guiones features a crescent shaped cove with a pristine palm-infringed beach and excellent surfing conditions for visitors who have stepped off the commercial track and are seeking idyllic surroundings and a laid-back atmosphere during their holidays in Costa Rica.
The non-stop rolling waves offer excellent conditions for surfers whether they are beginners, or more experienced surfers looking for an endless ride.
The six-mile stretch of soft sandy beach and consistent waves attracts tourists on Costa Rica holidays and avid surfers but visitors won't find commercial fast food groups or high end expensive restaurants on this beachfront.
Instead, the area is dotted with local friendly restaurants and surf schools, and the larger Costa Rica hotels, resorts and restaurants are tucked away from within the lush jungle of the Ostional Nature Reserve with its howler monkeys, pizotes, exotic birds, iguanas situated just 200 metres inland, leaving the pristine stretch of light sand beaches unspoilt.
Surfers and tourists usually congregate on the northern end of Playa Guiones beach where the lack of rocks, safe currents and rolling waves are a Mecca for enthusiastic surfers of all levels.
The chilled out idyllic surroundings offer a fantastic spot for relaxation in the sun and if travellers are feeling restless, they can head off for a hike in the protected Ostional Nature Reserve which is teeming with exotic creatures and brightly coloured flora and fauna.
There are plenty of fishing opportunities along this stretch of coast and many of the local restaurants will be happy to cook any successful catches for a minimal charge so travellers can enjoy their sea bass, tuna, snapper, langoustines or prawns amid authentic Costa Rican surroundings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...