Playa Guiones - A Mecca for surfers on Costa Rica holidays
Surfers planning their Costa Rica holidays will find a little piece of paradise at Playa Guiones, a remote jungle hamlet with a beautiful pristine palm-infringed beach and crescent shaped cove which provides excellent surfing conditions.
Though Playa Guiones may not be as well known as the Gold Coast in Australia or the Northern shores of Hawaii, this picturesque beach offers excellent conditions for surfers enjoying their Costa Rica holidays.
The remote jungle hamlet is situated in the Nosara region on the central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Playa Guiones features a crescent shaped cove with a pristine palm-infringed beach and excellent surfing conditions for visitors who have stepped off the commercial track and are seeking idyllic surroundings and a laid-back atmosphere during their holidays in Costa Rica.
The non-stop rolling waves offer excellent conditions for surfers whether they are beginners, or more experienced surfers looking for an endless ride.
The six-mile stretch of soft sandy beach and consistent waves attracts tourists on Costa Rica holidays and avid surfers but visitors won't find commercial fast food groups or high end expensive restaurants on this beachfront.
Instead, the area is dotted with local friendly restaurants and surf schools, and the larger Costa Rica hotels, resorts and restaurants are tucked away from within the lush jungle of the Ostional Nature Reserve with its howler monkeys, pizotes, exotic birds, iguanas situated just 200 metres inland, leaving the pristine stretch of light sand beaches unspoilt.
Surfers and tourists usually congregate on the northern end of Playa Guiones beach where the lack of rocks, safe currents and rolling waves are a Mecca for enthusiastic surfers of all levels.
The chilled out idyllic surroundings offer a fantastic spot for relaxation in the sun and if travellers are feeling restless, they can head off for a hike in the protected Ostional Nature Reserve which is teeming with exotic creatures and brightly coloured flora and fauna.
There are plenty of fishing opportunities along this stretch of coast and many of the local restaurants will be happy to cook any successful catches for a minimal charge so travellers can enjoy their sea bass, tuna, snapper, langoustines or prawns amid authentic Costa Rican surroundings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...