British Airways to increase flights to Cancun from march 2011
Despite having only just launched its first Cancun flight in November 2010, British Airways are increasing its schedule of flights to take travellers on their Cancun holidays three times a week starting from March 2011.
From March 2011, travellers will be able to choose from three routes a week for their Cancun holidays with British Airways as the airline announces the immediate success of its newly launched flights.
In November 2010, the airline launched new twice weekly flights to Cancun from London Gatwick Airport but the routes have been so popular that they have decided to increase the amount to three flights a week starting from March 2011.
Chief Finance Officer of British Airways, Keith Williams, spoke at a gala dinner at the Banyan Tree Hotel which was attended by Mexico's Minister of Tourism, the British Ambassador Judith Macgregor, Eduardo Medina Mora and members of the media. Mr Williams said that the decision to increase the number of flights was because Cancun offers a fantastic all round experience for travellers on Cancun holidays, including excellent choice of hotels and the historic heritage along the scenic Yucatan Peninsula.
"We know that choice is hugely important to our customers," Mr. Williams said, "And that is why we are so pleased to offer Cancun - it has so much."
Before the launch of the first Cancun flights, Richard Tams, Head of BA UK and Ireland Sales and Marketing, said: "We're delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to. With sweeping beaches, innovative parks, relaxing spas, sports on land and sea, fabulous hotels and unique opportunities to explore the ancient Mayan culture, the Yucatan peninsula truly offers something for everyone."
The first flight was welcomed in Cancun by a fire service performing a water-cannon salute on 3rd November 2010 and has proven to be an excellent move for the airline. The flights are operated by a Boeing 777 and passengers can choose from three cabin categories including British Airways Club World Business Class with fully-flat beds for extra comfort.
British Airways will also be working alongside a number of Cancun hotels to provide packages for holidays to Cancun o suit any budget including luxury resorts such as the five-star Banyan tree Mayakoba; the four-star Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort and Spa; and the oceanfront three-star Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...