British Airways to increase flights to Cancun from march 2011
Despite having only just launched its first Cancun flight in November 2010, British Airways are increasing its schedule of flights to take travellers on their Cancun holidays three times a week starting from March 2011.
From March 2011, travellers will be able to choose from three routes a week for their Cancun holidays with British Airways as the airline announces the immediate success of its newly launched flights.
In November 2010, the airline launched new twice weekly flights to Cancun from London Gatwick Airport but the routes have been so popular that they have decided to increase the amount to three flights a week starting from March 2011.
Chief Finance Officer of British Airways, Keith Williams, spoke at a gala dinner at the Banyan Tree Hotel which was attended by Mexico's Minister of Tourism, the British Ambassador Judith Macgregor, Eduardo Medina Mora and members of the media. Mr Williams said that the decision to increase the number of flights was because Cancun offers a fantastic all round experience for travellers on Cancun holidays, including excellent choice of hotels and the historic heritage along the scenic Yucatan Peninsula.
"We know that choice is hugely important to our customers," Mr. Williams said, "And that is why we are so pleased to offer Cancun - it has so much."
Before the launch of the first Cancun flights, Richard Tams, Head of BA UK and Ireland Sales and Marketing, said: "We're delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to. With sweeping beaches, innovative parks, relaxing spas, sports on land and sea, fabulous hotels and unique opportunities to explore the ancient Mayan culture, the Yucatan peninsula truly offers something for everyone."
The first flight was welcomed in Cancun by a fire service performing a water-cannon salute on 3rd November 2010 and has proven to be an excellent move for the airline. The flights are operated by a Boeing 777 and passengers can choose from three cabin categories including British Airways Club World Business Class with fully-flat beds for extra comfort.
British Airways will also be working alongside a number of Cancun hotels to provide packages for holidays to Cancun o suit any budget including luxury resorts such as the five-star Banyan tree Mayakoba; the four-star Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort and Spa; and the oceanfront three-star Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....