British Airways to increase flights to Cancun from march 2011
Despite having only just launched its first Cancun flight in November 2010, British Airways are increasing its schedule of flights to take travellers on their Cancun holidays three times a week starting from March 2011.
From March 2011, travellers will be able to choose from three routes a week for their Cancun holidays with British Airways as the airline announces the immediate success of its newly launched flights.
In November 2010, the airline launched new twice weekly flights to Cancun from London Gatwick Airport but the routes have been so popular that they have decided to increase the amount to three flights a week starting from March 2011.
Chief Finance Officer of British Airways, Keith Williams, spoke at a gala dinner at the Banyan Tree Hotel which was attended by Mexico's Minister of Tourism, the British Ambassador Judith Macgregor, Eduardo Medina Mora and members of the media. Mr Williams said that the decision to increase the number of flights was because Cancun offers a fantastic all round experience for travellers on Cancun holidays, including excellent choice of hotels and the historic heritage along the scenic Yucatan Peninsula.
"We know that choice is hugely important to our customers," Mr. Williams said, "And that is why we are so pleased to offer Cancun - it has so much."
Before the launch of the first Cancun flights, Richard Tams, Head of BA UK and Ireland Sales and Marketing, said: "We're delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to. With sweeping beaches, innovative parks, relaxing spas, sports on land and sea, fabulous hotels and unique opportunities to explore the ancient Mayan culture, the Yucatan peninsula truly offers something for everyone."
The first flight was welcomed in Cancun by a fire service performing a water-cannon salute on 3rd November 2010 and has proven to be an excellent move for the airline. The flights are operated by a Boeing 777 and passengers can choose from three cabin categories including British Airways Club World Business Class with fully-flat beds for extra comfort.
British Airways will also be working alongside a number of Cancun hotels to provide packages for holidays to Cancun o suit any budget including luxury resorts such as the five-star Banyan tree Mayakoba; the four-star Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort and Spa; and the oceanfront three-star Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...