Rezidor to Open Radisson Blu Safari Resort Kruger Park in 2013
The Rezidor Hotel Group have announced that their new property, Radisson Blu Safari Resort Kruger Park, is scheduled to open to guests 2013, providing a luxury experience for travellers and a daily African Safari within the spectacular national park.
After announcing a new Park Inn hotel in Cape Town last week, The Rezidor Hotel Group have stated that the upscale Radisson Blu Safari Resort Kruger Park is expected to open to the public in the second quarter of 2013.
Travellers on South Africa holidays at the luxury hotel will be able to enjoy high end facilities and accommodation and the chance to enjoy a daily African safari to main game viewing areas of the magnificent safari park.
Situated on the southern border of the Kruger National Park, ten miles from the Malelane Gate and along the Crocodile River, the 120-room hotel will offer facilities for leisure and business guests.
Guests can choose from gourmet dining in an all-day dining restaurant or a traditional "Boma" (an outdoor dining and entertainment area); relax with friends in the cigar bar, pool bar or terrace; refresh in the two swimming pools; indulge or work up an appetite in the spa and wellness centre spread across 350 square-metres; leave the children in the capable hands of staff members of the Kids Club; or enjoy game viewing on the Crocodile River decks.
President and CEO of The Rezidor Hotel Group, Kurt Ritter, said: "This hotel will be the first internationally branded hotel within Kruger, and will clearly strengthen the Radisson Blu brand in South Africa. At the same time, it adds a new segment to our successful Radisson Blu portfolio: We manage city- and business hotels, airport properties, beach- and ski resorts, and are delighted to now announce our very first safari resort."
Guests will be able to experience an African safari as the hotel offers daily departures to main game viewing areas of Kruger National Park. Kruger is one of 19 national parks in South Africa and covers 20,000 square-kilometres of land which is inhabited by 1,900 species of plants and 147 species of animals including the Big Five game creatures: the lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo.
The Park features three different eco-zones including savannah, thornveld and woodland, and the new Rezidor hotel will be an environmental awareness centre as well as a luxury escape for travellers.
Rezidor's Vice President Business Development for Africa and Indian Ocean Islands, Andrew MacLachlan, said: "In line with Rezidor's group wide Responsible Business Programme, the ecological footprint of the hotel will be much smaller than that of the older, existing camps within Kruger.
"This unique product will be positioned between the luxury, exclusive private game lodges and the SANPark accommodation which is available today in or bordering the Kruger.
"We will offer a contemporary safari experience to families with children, tour groups, meetings, incentives and conferences groups and individual international and domestic holidaymaker."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...