Rezidor to Open Radisson Blu Safari Resort Kruger Park in 2013
The Rezidor Hotel Group have announced that their new property, Radisson Blu Safari Resort Kruger Park, is scheduled to open to guests 2013, providing a luxury experience for travellers and a daily African Safari within the spectacular national park.
After announcing a new Park Inn hotel in Cape Town last week, The Rezidor Hotel Group have stated that the upscale Radisson Blu Safari Resort Kruger Park is expected to open to the public in the second quarter of 2013.
Travellers on South Africa holidays at the luxury hotel will be able to enjoy high end facilities and accommodation and the chance to enjoy a daily African safari to main game viewing areas of the magnificent safari park.
Situated on the southern border of the Kruger National Park, ten miles from the Malelane Gate and along the Crocodile River, the 120-room hotel will offer facilities for leisure and business guests.
Guests can choose from gourmet dining in an all-day dining restaurant or a traditional "Boma" (an outdoor dining and entertainment area); relax with friends in the cigar bar, pool bar or terrace; refresh in the two swimming pools; indulge or work up an appetite in the spa and wellness centre spread across 350 square-metres; leave the children in the capable hands of staff members of the Kids Club; or enjoy game viewing on the Crocodile River decks.
President and CEO of The Rezidor Hotel Group, Kurt Ritter, said: "This hotel will be the first internationally branded hotel within Kruger, and will clearly strengthen the Radisson Blu brand in South Africa. At the same time, it adds a new segment to our successful Radisson Blu portfolio: We manage city- and business hotels, airport properties, beach- and ski resorts, and are delighted to now announce our very first safari resort."
Guests will be able to experience an African safari as the hotel offers daily departures to main game viewing areas of Kruger National Park. Kruger is one of 19 national parks in South Africa and covers 20,000 square-kilometres of land which is inhabited by 1,900 species of plants and 147 species of animals including the Big Five game creatures: the lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo.
The Park features three different eco-zones including savannah, thornveld and woodland, and the new Rezidor hotel will be an environmental awareness centre as well as a luxury escape for travellers.
Rezidor's Vice President Business Development for Africa and Indian Ocean Islands, Andrew MacLachlan, said: "In line with Rezidor's group wide Responsible Business Programme, the ecological footprint of the hotel will be much smaller than that of the older, existing camps within Kruger.
"This unique product will be positioned between the luxury, exclusive private game lodges and the SANPark accommodation which is available today in or bordering the Kruger.
"We will offer a contemporary safari experience to families with children, tour groups, meetings, incentives and conferences groups and individual international and domestic holidaymaker."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...