The New York Times lists top six Caribbean beaches
The New York Times has listed the top six beaches that travellers must visit during their Caribbean holidays including a hideaway in St. John, soft pink sand in Barbuda, and the chance to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of St. Lucia.
The top six beaches to visit whilst enjoying Caribbean holidays have been listed by the New York Times and include secluded hideaways, soft pink sand, snorkelling hotspots.
The Caribbean Sea is home to an array of beautiful islands each boasting their very own stunning beaches and unique features.
The top six Caribbean beaches listed by the New York Times are:
- Anegada, British Virgin Islands – This 11-mile-long island is one of the most remote and least visited of the British Virgin Islands. Travellers on their Caribbean holidays can reach this stunning island either via a chartered day sail or by staying at one of just a few Caribbean hotels located nearby. The flat coral island is home to miles of unspoiled beaches where visitors can relax amid serene and tranquil surroundings with the chance to quench their thirst at one of the few bars scattered along the shores.
- Pink Beach, Barbuda – This island offers beach holidays with a difference as subtle bursts of pink coloured sand are woven into sugar white sand, creating a unique vision to visiting travellers who are expecting the usual white or golden colours. Nearly all of the western side of Barbuda is an endless stretch of beach and Pink Beach is also known as Eleven Mile Beach due to its rare extraordinary width, enabling visitors to walk the shore for miles without seeing anyone else on their travels.
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra – Culebra is the Spanish Virgin Island in the Caribbean and is home to Flamenco Beach. This stunning white-sand beach forms a symmetrical crescent with calm azure waters perfect for swimming. A an old tank once used by the United States military has now been transformed into a community art project by local residents, adding a splash of colour to the idyllic shores.
- Grace Bay, Providenciales – Grace Bay is one of the most luxurious beaches in the Caribbean with a sophisticated development situated along the shores comprising high end resorts. Though prices for accommodation can reach $600 per night, visitors can walk the soft sandy shores of Grace Bay, free of charge.
- Cinnamon Bay, St. John – Trunk Bay is the most popular beach on the island of St. John just a few minutes further up the road lies Cinnamon Bay and its rustic setting. Visitors can camp within the beach's surroundings in tents and cabins which are hidden behind palm tree groves and wake up to the sound of waves gently lapping the shore.
- Anse Chastanet, St. Lucia – Travellers looking for white sand and turquoise waters will be disappointed on Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia but this does not mean the beach doesn't have a certain element of uniqueness. Grey sands replace white sands and a row of oversize thatch umbrellas offer shade from the blazing sun. Palm trees lead to the calm dark blue ocean which resembles a lake and visitors can't visit this beach without having a go at snorkelling in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...