The New York Times lists top six Caribbean beaches
The New York Times has listed the top six beaches that travellers must visit during their Caribbean holidays including a hideaway in St. John, soft pink sand in Barbuda, and the chance to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of St. Lucia.
The top six beaches to visit whilst enjoying Caribbean holidays have been listed by the New York Times and include secluded hideaways, soft pink sand, snorkelling hotspots.
The Caribbean Sea is home to an array of beautiful islands each boasting their very own stunning beaches and unique features.
The top six Caribbean beaches listed by the New York Times are:
- Anegada, British Virgin Islands – This 11-mile-long island is one of the most remote and least visited of the British Virgin Islands. Travellers on their Caribbean holidays can reach this stunning island either via a chartered day sail or by staying at one of just a few Caribbean hotels located nearby. The flat coral island is home to miles of unspoiled beaches where visitors can relax amid serene and tranquil surroundings with the chance to quench their thirst at one of the few bars scattered along the shores.
- Pink Beach, Barbuda – This island offers beach holidays with a difference as subtle bursts of pink coloured sand are woven into sugar white sand, creating a unique vision to visiting travellers who are expecting the usual white or golden colours. Nearly all of the western side of Barbuda is an endless stretch of beach and Pink Beach is also known as Eleven Mile Beach due to its rare extraordinary width, enabling visitors to walk the shore for miles without seeing anyone else on their travels.
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra – Culebra is the Spanish Virgin Island in the Caribbean and is home to Flamenco Beach. This stunning white-sand beach forms a symmetrical crescent with calm azure waters perfect for swimming. A an old tank once used by the United States military has now been transformed into a community art project by local residents, adding a splash of colour to the idyllic shores.
- Grace Bay, Providenciales – Grace Bay is one of the most luxurious beaches in the Caribbean with a sophisticated development situated along the shores comprising high end resorts. Though prices for accommodation can reach $600 per night, visitors can walk the soft sandy shores of Grace Bay, free of charge.
- Cinnamon Bay, St. John – Trunk Bay is the most popular beach on the island of St. John just a few minutes further up the road lies Cinnamon Bay and its rustic setting. Visitors can camp within the beach's surroundings in tents and cabins which are hidden behind palm tree groves and wake up to the sound of waves gently lapping the shore.
- Anse Chastanet, St. Lucia – Travellers looking for white sand and turquoise waters will be disappointed on Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia but this does not mean the beach doesn't have a certain element of uniqueness. Grey sands replace white sands and a row of oversize thatch umbrellas offer shade from the blazing sun. Palm trees lead to the calm dark blue ocean which resembles a lake and visitors can't visit this beach without having a go at snorkelling in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...