The New York Times lists top six Caribbean beaches
The New York Times has listed the top six beaches that travellers must visit during their Caribbean holidays including a hideaway in St. John, soft pink sand in Barbuda, and the chance to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of St. Lucia.
The top six beaches to visit whilst enjoying Caribbean holidays have been listed by the New York Times and include secluded hideaways, soft pink sand, snorkelling hotspots.
The Caribbean Sea is home to an array of beautiful islands each boasting their very own stunning beaches and unique features.
The top six Caribbean beaches listed by the New York Times are:
- Anegada, British Virgin Islands – This 11-mile-long island is one of the most remote and least visited of the British Virgin Islands. Travellers on their Caribbean holidays can reach this stunning island either via a chartered day sail or by staying at one of just a few Caribbean hotels located nearby. The flat coral island is home to miles of unspoiled beaches where visitors can relax amid serene and tranquil surroundings with the chance to quench their thirst at one of the few bars scattered along the shores.
- Pink Beach, Barbuda – This island offers beach holidays with a difference as subtle bursts of pink coloured sand are woven into sugar white sand, creating a unique vision to visiting travellers who are expecting the usual white or golden colours. Nearly all of the western side of Barbuda is an endless stretch of beach and Pink Beach is also known as Eleven Mile Beach due to its rare extraordinary width, enabling visitors to walk the shore for miles without seeing anyone else on their travels.
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra – Culebra is the Spanish Virgin Island in the Caribbean and is home to Flamenco Beach. This stunning white-sand beach forms a symmetrical crescent with calm azure waters perfect for swimming. A an old tank once used by the United States military has now been transformed into a community art project by local residents, adding a splash of colour to the idyllic shores.
- Grace Bay, Providenciales – Grace Bay is one of the most luxurious beaches in the Caribbean with a sophisticated development situated along the shores comprising high end resorts. Though prices for accommodation can reach $600 per night, visitors can walk the soft sandy shores of Grace Bay, free of charge.
- Cinnamon Bay, St. John – Trunk Bay is the most popular beach on the island of St. John just a few minutes further up the road lies Cinnamon Bay and its rustic setting. Visitors can camp within the beach's surroundings in tents and cabins which are hidden behind palm tree groves and wake up to the sound of waves gently lapping the shore.
- Anse Chastanet, St. Lucia – Travellers looking for white sand and turquoise waters will be disappointed on Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia but this does not mean the beach doesn't have a certain element of uniqueness. Grey sands replace white sands and a row of oversize thatch umbrellas offer shade from the blazing sun. Palm trees lead to the calm dark blue ocean which resembles a lake and visitors can't visit this beach without having a go at snorkelling in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Come to the Caribbean and take a break from everyday life, as you enjoy 8 days of entertainment at the Grafton Beach...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...