The New York Times lists top six Caribbean beaches
The New York Times has listed the top six beaches that travellers must visit during their Caribbean holidays including a hideaway in St. John, soft pink sand in Barbuda, and the chance to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of St. Lucia.
The top six beaches to visit whilst enjoying Caribbean holidays have been listed by the New York Times and include secluded hideaways, soft pink sand, snorkelling hotspots.
The Caribbean Sea is home to an array of beautiful islands each boasting their very own stunning beaches and unique features.
The top six Caribbean beaches listed by the New York Times are:
- Anegada, British Virgin Islands – This 11-mile-long island is one of the most remote and least visited of the British Virgin Islands. Travellers on their Caribbean holidays can reach this stunning island either via a chartered day sail or by staying at one of just a few Caribbean hotels located nearby. The flat coral island is home to miles of unspoiled beaches where visitors can relax amid serene and tranquil surroundings with the chance to quench their thirst at one of the few bars scattered along the shores.
- Pink Beach, Barbuda – This island offers beach holidays with a difference as subtle bursts of pink coloured sand are woven into sugar white sand, creating a unique vision to visiting travellers who are expecting the usual white or golden colours. Nearly all of the western side of Barbuda is an endless stretch of beach and Pink Beach is also known as Eleven Mile Beach due to its rare extraordinary width, enabling visitors to walk the shore for miles without seeing anyone else on their travels.
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra – Culebra is the Spanish Virgin Island in the Caribbean and is home to Flamenco Beach. This stunning white-sand beach forms a symmetrical crescent with calm azure waters perfect for swimming. A an old tank once used by the United States military has now been transformed into a community art project by local residents, adding a splash of colour to the idyllic shores.
- Grace Bay, Providenciales – Grace Bay is one of the most luxurious beaches in the Caribbean with a sophisticated development situated along the shores comprising high end resorts. Though prices for accommodation can reach $600 per night, visitors can walk the soft sandy shores of Grace Bay, free of charge.
- Cinnamon Bay, St. John – Trunk Bay is the most popular beach on the island of St. John just a few minutes further up the road lies Cinnamon Bay and its rustic setting. Visitors can camp within the beach's surroundings in tents and cabins which are hidden behind palm tree groves and wake up to the sound of waves gently lapping the shore.
- Anse Chastanet, St. Lucia – Travellers looking for white sand and turquoise waters will be disappointed on Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia but this does not mean the beach doesn't have a certain element of uniqueness. Grey sands replace white sands and a row of oversize thatch umbrellas offer shade from the blazing sun. Palm trees lead to the calm dark blue ocean which resembles a lake and visitors can't visit this beach without having a go at snorkelling in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...